Quote Originally Posted by egmiller View Post
    Kurt,

The snow came two days after you left.
    Whew, outran that one then didn't I?Hopefully none for PA this weekend
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

Brian did you get snowed on last night? Maybe you got it out of the way before you left for next week.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

No, I'm in Ft Worth. Mrs said she and the little one went out and caught a few flakes but nothing stuck to the ground. East & northeast got some to stick I think. Cold enough to stick up here with 28 overnight but no precipitation. Snow doesn't bother me, had the blizzards of 93 and 96 to keep me busy in PA with both over 30" on the ground. Not finding myself missing that at all...

imafireman you better start praying to the "go away snow" Gods. I just looked at Johnstown's radar and that does not look good. Laying odds I will have to drive in from Pittsburgh. Oh well, we have dealt with this before and I guess I can deal with it again.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jasnic0510 View Post
    Is there any seminar's that will be in Indiana before the next AFG period begins?
    Depending on where in Indiana you are, the seminar we're hosting here in Eagle, Wisconsin (Milwaukee area) might be closer?!

E-mail me at jheim (at) eaglefiredepartment.com for more information.

Justin R. Heim
    Fire Chief
    Eagle (WI) Fire Department

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    imafireman you better start praying to the "go away snow" Gods. I just looked at Johnstown's radar and that does not look good. Laying odds I will have to drive in from Pittsburgh. Oh well, we have dealt with this before and I guess I can deal with it again.
    Earlier in the week the forecast looked fine. Looks like Kurt is dragging the weather to PA with him. Still raining in Alum Bank at 11 pm. Will see what happens!!! The rest of the weekend looks great.

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    Earlier in the week the forecast looked fine. Looks like Kurt is dragging the weather to PA with him. Still raining in Alum Bank at 11 pm. Will see what happens!!! The rest of the weekend looks great.

Kelly
    Well,rolling the dice. 5:00AM and I am off to Orando and off to DC. We will see what it is like in DC.May have to drive from DC if Johnstown is closed today. CYA in Alum Bank
    Kurt Bradley

Snake eyes it was! Got on board at Dulles and five minutes before landing in Johnstown the pilot got antsy with the weather and waived off and we went back to Dulles. Rented a car an drove in anyway.UUUGGGHHH! I hate DC traffic at 4:30PM on Friday!

Of course, neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow and ice, nor dead of night can keep this appointed instructor from his seminars. I made it here to Alum Bank just now. No excuses locals, if I can make it, you can make it. CYA in the morning!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Default 9 miles from Alum Bank

This is a picture from yesterday in Blue Knob. I'm sure the Johnstown crew is seeing the same thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 542 miles from Alum Bank

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFIRE42 View Post
    This is a picture from yesterday in Blue Knob. I'm sure the Johnstown crew is seeing the same thing.
    Kurt's presence in Alum Bank has far reaching implications here also.

Boy what I would give for an old fashioned new england snowstorm or even a blizzard.

Just getting some power back this evening after the ice storm hit thursday noon. I think we've gotten maybe 3 1/2 hrs sleep since then. Still over half the town without power and more than likely will take until late sunday or monday to get the majority back on. We're now out taking generators around and powering up folks furnaces for a couple hours to keep the pipes from freezing. Latest count was around 200,000 Mainers in the dark and new hampshire and mass with similar situations. Trying to get warming shelters set up for those folks still without power tonight.

MembersZone Subscriber mmcneill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Brian did you get snowed on last night? Maybe you got it out of the way before you left for next week.
    WJ,
    We are going to take care of the snow for Brian in the morning. Even as we speak he is winging his way to Missouri for a seminar tomorrow. The forcast for tonight is for the temp to drop 25-30 degrees in 2 hours with ice and snow overnight.

Brian may take the snow curse away from Kurt this time

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    WJ,
    We are going to take care of the snow for Brian in the morning. Even as we speak he is winging his way to Missouri for a seminar tomorrow. The forcast for tonight is for the temp to drop 25-30 degrees in 2 hours with ice and snow overnight.

Brian may take the snow curse away from Kurt this time
    Only 25-30 degrees? We're looking at 52 degree drop down here with a high of 66 today and a low tonight of 14. Is it to late to turn Brian around?

I wish it was just the snow they were talking about.
    Local news in NE MO say 1/4-1/2 inch of ice.
    Still be in Jeff in the AM.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

20-25? good thing I brought the windbreaker instead of the leather jacket, won't be cold enough for that. still used to the cold after many moons in the ice rink. as long as it's gone so I can get back on tuesday to head to p rico for xmas at the in-laws. only ice there is in the drinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Only 25-30 degrees? We're looking at 52 degree drop down here with a high of 66 today and a low tonight of 14. Is it to late to turn Brian around?
    Mike,

I was going by what I saw last night on the weather.......I just checked the latest weather and they are now saying the high here at the Lake will be 63 and the low tonight of 12. With the history Brian has in MO for increasing runs for my department I guess we better get ready for a bunch of flue fires.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Mike,

I was going by what I saw last night on the weather.......I just checked the latest weather and they are now saying the high here at the Lake will be 63 and the low tonight of 12. With the history Brian has in MO for increasing runs for my department I guess we better get ready for a bunch of flue fires.
    I figured that's what you did. Just wanted to rib you a bit while I had the chance!

Hopefully the ice won't be as bad as I'm hearing it might be through the week.

Well Brian's curse is holding true......He is in the area an hour when I go to have dinner with him and run 4 MVAs in 2 hours on the way home. Of course the 40 degree drop in temp in 1 hour and the thunder sleet/freezing rain might have something to do with it also.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well you said at dinner that you haven't had any wrecks in weeks...

Forum Member

Kurt, your luck seems to be travelin' with ya. I hope you got your computer up and running ok.

Thread Information