+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 First ... 4567891017 ... Last
  1. #151
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Hey Kurt--i got an okay to come down to the Indy seminar. But only from the department so far--still need to clear it with my Big Chief!! Not a good time to ask her, maybe New Year's Eve after the champaign toast. For $149 it's a no-brainer.

    earl

  2. #152
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Hey Kurt--i got an okay to come down to the Indy seminar. But only from the department so far--still need to clear it with my Big Chief!! Not a good time to ask her, maybe New Year's Eve after the champaign toast. For $149 it's a no-brainer.

    earl
    Yea its a pretty sweet deal for sure. I'll see you there Earl. Be good to chew the fat with you again buddy!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  3. #153
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Upstate (Albany area), NY
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Kurt - Is the $149 deal going to apply to the Bushnell Basin, Pittsford, NY class? If so, I may be able to squeze the $$$ for a second attendee out of the board....
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    George S. Patton

  4. #154
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post
    Kurt - Is the $149 deal going to apply to the Bushnell Basin, Pittsford, NY class? If so, I may be able to squeze the $$$ for a second attendee out of the board....
    No, sorry, the new sponsor only picked up the remaining National seminars for me now as this is a test run for them. Based on how they do with us, sponsorship next year may include them taking on some Agency Hosted seminars too. I have to wait and see. They tried to get the price down enough to leave room for departments to buy airline flights, which a $350 savings will accomplish but the Agency Hosted seminars are still the same price.

    If you think about it, it works out to be about the same price either way you look at it, when you figure travel costs and the higher hotel costs in major cities. Travel costs in a local regional area are considerably cheaper when you don't have to buy an airline ticket or pay for ground transportation fees.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  5. #155
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Still time ototake advantage of Las Vegas Seminar coming up next week!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  6. #156
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Still time to register for Las Vegas next week. CYA there!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Grant Class

    We still have open seats available for the class in Petersburg, IL on Feb 13th and 14th. Go to Chief Grants for more info.

  8. #158
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Well best advice of weatherman, FAA ect. finally caused me to cancel a seminar in Minot, ND because of a predicted bad blizzard coming thorugh only to have both of them be worng. Oh well, best laid plans.... not to worry though ND it has been rescheduled for Feb 6-7.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  9. #159
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well best advice of weatherman, FAA ect. finally caused me to cancel a seminar in Minot, ND because of a predicted bad blizzard coming thorugh only to have both of them be worng. Oh well, best laid plans.... not to worry though ND it has been rescheduled for Feb 6-7.
    That should help a lot. Less likely to snow at February temps!!

    earl

  10. #160
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    That should help a lot. Less likely to snow at February temps!!

    earl
    Ahhhh, you mean it will go lower than the -40 F from last week!!! Guess I will have to break out the UA long johns and Arctic Expedition parka like I did for yours then Earl!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  11. #161
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Ahhhh, you mean it will go lower than the -40 F from last week!!! Guess I will have to break out the UA long johns and Arctic Expedition parka like I did for yours then Earl!
    Manchester will feel like a heat wave then.

  12. #162
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Manchester will feel like a heat wave then.
    Yea but at least you will have to be sharing that heat wave with me guy! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  13. #163
    Forum Member
    daniels627's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shanksville (flight 93 crash on 9/11)
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Yea but at least you will have to be sharing that heat wave with me guy! LOL!
    Well Kurt it looks like you have no heat wave moving in to Somerset County with you this weekend. It is to be in the single digits for the weekend with snow off and on. Also I have seen Johnstown airport has been close since last week and not sure if they were going to have it clean up for this weekend. So I guess I will see you this weekend and will give you a call Friday.

  14. #164
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    Well Kurt it looks like you have no heat wave moving in to Somerset County with you this weekend. It is to be in the single digits for the weekend with snow off and on. Also I have seen Johnstown airport has been close since last week and not sure if they were going to have it clean up for this weekend. So I guess I will see you this weekend and will give you a call Friday.
    Oh dont worry about Johnstown airport. This Fla boy is never booking a flight into there ever again. I'm 1 for 4 at that ariport and I don;t need another lesson in cancelled flights and closed airprots. I'll just go to DC and take a leisurely drive up there via 4wd. See you Saturday.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  15. #165
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    I know bc79er and myself are well into our grant training seminar tour for this year. These are the only local agency seminars I have left on my tour this year so get registered quickly and get off the fence before it is too late and we both are gone from your areas:

    Somerset, PA
    Petersburg, IL
    Manchester, NH
    Pittsford, NY
    Eagle, WI
    Minot, ND

    National Tour Events in:

    Dallas, TX
    Charlotte, NC
    Kansas City, MO
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  16. #166
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    The blizzards, snow storms, biting cold that accompanies Kurt; priceless.

  17. #167
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    The blizzards, snow storms, biting cold that accompanies Kurt; priceless.
    Well if they would change the application period on AFG form March to Sept or Oct then everyone would book me and bc79er in during the summer months, of course that would not make sense now would it!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  18. #168
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    I'm with you on the change to summer since I'll be running up to Anchorage over Valentine's Day. Plus sponsor just added northern CA and all of Utah to their sales territory so looks like I'll have a couple more states to visit next season. Not sure there's room in the schedule before March to fit any in, but plenty of other spots to visit in the next 6 weeks.

  19. #169
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Well looks like I'm headed into the deep freeze again tomorrow. Hello, Somerset, PA. Get ready; " The Iceman Cometh!"
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  20. #170
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Just to let everyone know, I only have 3 seats left in Dallas till we are completely sold out. If you are coming sign up right now.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  21. #171
    Forum Member
    daniels627's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shanksville (flight 93 crash on 9/11)
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well looks like I'm headed into the deep freeze again tomorrow. Hello, Somerset, PA. Get ready; " The Iceman Cometh!"
    We got the snow last night now comes the cold. We are so glad you are coming but like the last stop maybe you will take it with you when you go. I dont mind some cold but the last couple day and this weekend will be horrible. I guess a little alcohol sat. night miight not know the difference. I will talk to you tomorrow Kurt and see you sat.

  22. #172
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    We got the snow last night now comes the cold. We are so glad you are coming but like the last stop maybe you will take it with you when you go. I dont mind some cold but the last couple day and this weekend will be horrible. I guess a little alcohol sat. night miight not know the difference. I will talk to you tomorrow Kurt and see you sat.
    Yes now, no more snow till Sat and get those snow plows moving boys!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  23. #173
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    149

    Thumbs up Kudos to your seminar

    BC79er, Was at your seminar last week in Tea, SD. Tim did an excellent job at the presentation and also helped by letting me pick his brain for info afterwards. Really opened my eyes as to what is being looked for and how the apps are reviewed. Thanks MES for hosting them.

  24. #174
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Thanks everyone the DALLAS Seminar is completely sold out! I still have National seminars in Charlotte, Kansas City and Indianapolis.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  25. #175
    Forum Member
    jjchief1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Stoystown,PA Somerset County
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Yes now, no more snow till Sat and get those snow plows moving boys!
    Well the snow plows have been busy and the snow has stopped, however the frigid temps have moved in. Currently at 10am it's a minus 8 degress....Brr....Bring your long underwear!!
    See you this weekend...
    Last edited by jjchief1; 01-16-2009 at 11:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 First ... 4567891017 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So what exactly happens to our location info?
    By ullrichk in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 10:04 PM
  2. RIT Equipment Location
    By FFTrainer in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:02 PM
  3. location
    By EoneTiller in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 02:40 AM
  4. Location
    By Resq14 in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 12:19 PM
  5. Location
    By zipperhead in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2001, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register