FH Mag/.com Contributor

Default Seminar Location Thread

We did this last year and no one seemed to have an issue with it. More importantly, I'm doing this as the FH.Com Senior Contributing Editor not as a grant guy, so this thread is open to any and all links for workshop schedule links that anyone knows of for any company/person teaching. Kurt and I don't own these forums (nor have we ever thought that) so no one should put anything in here other than a list of locations. Any education is better than none so put them all down whether they cost anything or not.

www.firegraphics.org/schedule.htm
    www.chiefsupply.com/grants/
    http://foundationcenter.org/events/
    http://www.grantwritingbootcamp.us/
    http://www.grantwritingusa.com/events.html

I tried to link to the schedule pages so it's easy to check for updates. If anyone finds more schedules then post them up.

Happy granting - Brian

MembersZone Subscriber

Its gonna be busy ( I have over 20 scheudled already) and I only have few slots left for anyone wanting to host one. Off to a good start though on Tuesday I kick it off in Philly. Its never to late to learn something new folks.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Kurt will be coming to Valley Center Kansas on December 5th and 6th for a grant seminar for all public safety. I hosted him last March and already one of the attendees has received an award for 2008. This department had not received an award from AFG. If you have received a DJ and am thinking of attending a grant class, sign up. These classes help. I have been writing grants for 13 years and I learn something new everytime I attend one. If you sign up by November 5th the cost is $299.00 It is worth the cost. Valley Center Kansas is just north of Wichita.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

We will be hosting Kurt in Eagle, Wisconsin (Waukesha County - Milwaukee Metro area) on February 21 and 22, 2009. Im anticipating a high demand for this workshop.

If anyone is interested in pre-registering, let me know on here via PM or my email jheim (at) eaglefiredepartment.com

Justin R. Heim
    Fire Chief
    Eagle Fire Department (WI)

Forum Member

Alum Bank, PA will need to be added to this list. We will also be hosting Kurt Bradley once again December 13, 14. He is a sucker for these winter seminars. I scheduled him on these dates hoping the snow will stick around for Christmas!!! We are located in the south central part of PA. If anyone has any interests, please drop me an email or a private message.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

I will be seeing Kurt in San Fran. in Nov and cannot wait, I am flying from oregon to check this out and I will report, I have a 99.9% positive feeling about this. Does anybody have the trouble of just finding the time to work on grant stuff etc.?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    Alum Bank, PA will need to be added to this list. We will also be hosting Kurt Bradley once again December 13, 14. He is a sucker for these winter seminars. I scheduled him on these dates hoping the snow will stick around for Christmas!!! We are located in the south central part of PA. If anyone has any interests, please drop me an email or a private message.

Kelly
    Well I am at airport now headed to Philly for the first seminar tomorrow. You just pray for a "blizzardless" winter Kelly.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Lining up what looks like the first SD workshop ever for January. Bring on the frequent flier miles.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Lining up what looks like the first SD workshop ever for January. Bring on the frequent flier miles.
    Way to go Brian. I have been trying to get one there for awhile and it is tough. Departments are really scattered across the countryside let me tell you. JAnuary, who due you better ahave a snow cat rented and an great set of extreme set of UnderArmor.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It's part if the MN-IA-NE-SD run so I'll be in the 4WD SUV rental for sure. Might have to make that a Hummer run for the fun.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well I am at airport now headed to Philly for the first seminar tomorrow. You just pray for a "blizzardless" winter Kelly.
    Not a good sign.....no blizzard to the Northeast this time, but you brought the cold front....50's at night.....60's during the day. Well, it's better than 90 with high humidity.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Not a good sign.....no blizzard to the Northeast this time, but you brought the cold front....50's at night.....60's during the day. Well, it's better than 90 with high humidity.
    Amen to that brother. I was mowing yard yesterday in 98 degree heat.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

What part of SD are you looking at? I am in the SE corner and am very interested in attending.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I think we're looking at having two, possibly Pierre and Sioux Falls to cover the most ground. It's in the same week I'll be hitting MN, IA, and NE so too bad I don't get frequent flier miles for driving the rental all over too.

Default Class in Illinois

We will be hosting Kurt in Petersburg, IL on Feb. 13th and 14th. We are located in central Illinois near Springfield.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Looks like Kurt and I have the flipflop schedule again this year, I'm in IL and IN first week in Nov. Passing in the air again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like Kurt and I have the flipflop schedule again this year, I'm in IL and IN first week in Nov. Passing in the air again.
    Well, you get the comp DJs and I'll get the peer DJs dude! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I'm sure me or one of the clones will be back that way in the spring too, lotsa coverage to get done.

MembersZone Subscriber

News Flash for those of you in New England who were asking about it. I just had the Londonderry FD in NH sign up to bring me in to deliver a two day seminar there on October 27th -28th. Rather quick notice for this one but it will be my only seminar for NE this year beisdes the one in Rochester NY. I'll post it to my website later today.

Update: Could not get the dates for the venue that they wanted so new dates are being proposed so stay tuned. They are making up their minds and we will post it soon.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 09-20-2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Update for New England Seminar. Londonderry FD NH is looking at bringing me in in December or January now. The will be deciding a firm date soon and I will post it here when I know what it is for sure.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Update for New England Seminar. Londonderry FD NH is looking at bringing me in in December or January now. The will be deciding a firm date soon and I will post it here when I know what it is for sure.

Looks like they want a snow storm. If it does happen, I believe Kurt is under obligation to swing by my house and shovel out the driveway and clean up the cars (4 cars & 1 school bus).
    Last edited by onebugle; 09-24-2008 at 09:23 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Looks like they want a snow storm. If it does happen, I believe Kurt is under obligation to swing by my house and shovel out the driveway and clean up the cars (4 cars & 1 school bus).
    They don't call me "Iceman" for no reason at all onebugle. That driveway shoveling is another story all together though.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rochester, NY

Kurt,

SOOOO glad to see you are coming to Bushnell's Basin on a weekend this year. I just sent my fax in registering for it. Can't wait to meet you face to face.

Kelly

Forum Member

Talking

Count me in for the Londonderry NH seminar. Finally a seminar that wasn't more than 6 hours away. We can make the trip to NH in about 4 hours. :-}

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt,

How about stopping in ND when your up in SD, MN, IA ?

Thread Information