Forum Member

Default Extreme Home Makeover helping one of our own....

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...fic&id=6375733

"EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION" FULFILLS A HEROIC FIREFIGHTER AND HIS ILL WIFE'S DREAM OF KEEPING THEIR FAMILY OF 13 TOGETHER IN A NEW HOME

A Toledo family of thirteen is going to receive a new house, for free, courtesy of ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

The big announcement was made live on 13abc Action News Sunday morning. Toledo firefighter Aaron Frisch, wife Jackie and their eleven children will be whisked off to Disney World while hundreds of volunteers take less than a week to tear down their house and replace it with a new one.

Eight of the Frisch children are adopted and all eleven are boys. A release from ABC says that "the big hearted family of thirteen is now living in a cramped one-story ranch home without air conditioning and windows and doors in need of many repairs." The home is located at 6044 Edgedale Circle which is near the intersection of Alexis Road and Secor.

Aaron Frisch is a firefighter and paramedic for Toledo's Fire and Rescue Department. During the 2005 Toledo riots, he and his partner, Kathy Zeller were injured by debris thrown at their ambulance. He was hit in the elbow and Frisch was hit in the head. Both recovered from their injuries.

Aaron's wife Jackie is an ordained minister who has suffered a series of strokes that left half of her body paralyzed. She was diagnosed with a soft tissue disease known as Ehrlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Designer Ty Pennington will work with Toledo builders Buckeye Real Estate Group and hundreds of workers to rebuild the Frisch home. While the work takes place, the family will be sent to Disney World on vacation. Other members of the design team include Paul DiMeo, Michael Moloney, Rib Hillis and Didiayer Snyder.

The neighborhood will be secured during the build. A fundraising event will be held Sunday evening from 5:00-8:00pm at Sylvania's Centennial Terrace with a Christian band. Proceeds will go to the Frisch family and tickets will be available on site.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Aaron Frisch deserves it!!

He was my paramedic preceptor years ago and he truly is a good man and a good firefighter.

Forum Member

Show airs Sunday night at 8/7c.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thanks for the reminder.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Not a problem. It's pretty big news around here (the Toledo-area)... I know a lot of people who helped out at the house. I wish I could've or at least ducked over to check it out.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Show airs Sunday night at 8/7c.
    Got it set on the TV already. Should be good.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I'm watching it now. Sure makes a difference when you "know" the people.

Should we be watching for "crusty" faces?

Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 11-17-2008 at 01:00 AM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

WOW, I bawled my eyes out throughout the entire show, of course.

What an incredible family.

Nice job, Toledo.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    WOW, I bawled my eyes out throughout the entire show, of course.

What an incredible family.

Nice job, Toledo.

I agree 110%. Well not about the crying part. I don't cry.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

It was really good and I even told people that it was probably among the best stories from EM:HE, not because of a brother getting help, but because of the whole story behind it all...
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

There was talk while filming that this was potentially going to be a 2 hour show. I wish it would have because there was so much more to show that they couldn't because of time. 9-11 Tribute, His actions during the riots, the makeover performed at his station, and much more.

For those not local, the local abc affiliate ran a clip during their 11pm newscast where they took a tour of the house. You get to see more stuff that wasn't shown in the show. Go to http://justinbillau.blogspot.com/ and you can see the footage from the news broadcast and some that wasn't in the news broadcast.........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Great family.....we could use more like them.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

watched......cried some.....they deserved it. Our community did a reat job !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information