Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Dallas Fire Rescue hiring 2009

just wanted to start this thread to start some discussion about the 2009 hiring, testing and recruitment

Forum Member

anyone waiting for the next exam in early 2009...let me know

Forum Member

Wait.. didn't dallas just have a hiring process. Are they really having one this coming year?

Forum Member

Talking Dallas Hiring

Yep! The aplication process will begins Jan/18/09. Also, there is going to be a job fair on Sat 7 feb! At the fire academy..I am ready!

Forum Member

Default Dallas hiring!

Quote Originally Posted by thanojon View Post
    Wait.. didn't dallas just have a hiring process. Are they really having one this coming year?
    Yep! 01/18/09 Aplication process begins! Also, there is going to be a job fair on 02/07/09 at the fire academy... I am ready!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thanojon View Post
    Yep! The Application process will start 01/18/09..... I am ready!

Forum Member

Default Dallas Fire Rescue hiring 2009

Yep! the aplication process will start on 01/18/09. The exam will take place in 03/ 26/09.

Forum Member

Wanted to bump to the top for the DFD 09 process. Testing is in March if anyone 08 guys have any advice please share.

Forum Member

Default Drivers Liscense?

Hello,

Stumbled across this board and have already gained valuable information -- thanks to everyone who posts.

A few questions about the Dallas FD recruiting:

1. I am currently living in Las Vegas, I would have to fly out to test. Is it possible for those who are out of town to take both the written and oral within a close time period? I know the FD out here allow out of town candidates to opportunity to do this.

2. One of the requirments is to have a valid Texas drivers liscense. Is this required to test, or must it be obtained prior to entering the acadamy?

3. I am currently taking my EMT-B classes right now and will be done in May. I know that most departments require that you have this completed before they offer you the job. Would I still be able to test since it will be completed prior to the acadamy? (if I were to be accepted, of course).

4. I currently have a Bachelors Degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and I was wondering how much that would help me in the testing process. I know it's not a complete selling factor, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. Any input on that?

I'm sure I will have several other questions come to mind and I look forward to talking to all of you.

Thanks again for all the help.

-Michael O'Brien

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schmidthouse7 View Post
    Wanted to bump to the top for the DFD 09 process. Testing is in March if anyone 08 guys have any advice please share.
    Well there are a lot of people expected to retire in the next few years so plan on quite a few hired each year.
    Last edited by bcasey03; 02-06-2009 at 11:07 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you are a paramedic you are way ahead of the game for dallas. They make you become a paramedic if you already do not have it.

Default Accepting Online App's?.....

Does anyone have any information on the submission process for the applications (i.e. are they only accepting app's in person or can we submit one online, etc.)

Thank you!!

Forum Member

Does Dallas accept FF from others states that have their FF 1&2 w/Emt certs?

they hired 96 last time. how many this time i wonder?

I've already looked through all the information given by the DFD but I was wondering if you have to have already attended a fire academy or if Dallas actually trains you themselves... I just graduated from college and I was wondering if I need to go ahead and apply for a fire school or if Dallas might just do the trainin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Go online it answers about every question you could have. You can only apply online I believe.

I do have a question the only down side I see is the schedule I see they run a 24 / 48 I never have worked that schedule I was wondering what are the pros and cons of it. I curently I work a schedule that gives me 4 days off and I love having those 4 days off. Do they have any kelly days? Do they plan on changing the schedule anytime soon? Like I said I cant knock it till I try it . I t could be worse I could be a 9 to 5er

MembersZone Subscriber

More information on the Dallas exam can be found at the link below

http://www.fireprep.com/dallas_firef...mination1.html

www.fireprep.com
    1-800-989-FIRE

It seems they require no fire certs and just college hours.

Forum Member

Does any one know exactly how dallas breaks down their hiring process. I made the list for another dept. this last year and was able to do everything in about 3 visits, but they don't have a polygraph or anything. I am just trying to figure out at least a good estimate of how many trips I may have to make up there.
    Last edited by phase96; 06-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flucas View Post
    Go online it answers about every question you could have. You can only apply online I believe.

I do have a question the only down side I see is the schedule I see they run a 24 / 48 I never have worked that schedule I was wondering what are the pros and cons of it. I curently I work a schedule that gives me 4 days off and I love having those 4 days off. Do they have any kelly days? Do they plan on changing the schedule anytime soon? Like I said I cant knock it till I try it . I t could be worse I could be a 9 to 5er

I know where you're coming from. I came from a department with 4 days off to 24-48. Where I am now you can trade shifts with another guy. You work your shift, then stay on for his shift. Later on he'll do the same for you. That gives me 5 off in a row. I bet Dallas pays FLSA pay rather than Kelley days. That seems to be the norm around here.

Thread Information