Like Tree1Likes

Thread: City of Baltimore

  1. #451
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    My Paramedic PAT is in a couple of weeks. The rumor I've heard is they may scrap the class for EMT/FFs. Mind you that's only rumors I've heard.

  2. #452
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...jr-james-clack


    By the looks of it BCFD is going the way of DCFD circa 2011

  3. #453
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Any new word or rumors what's going on in Baltimore

  4. #454
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 271985 View Post
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...jr-james-clack


    By the looks of it BCFD is going the way of DCFD circa 2011
    For a city that is having a incredibly hard time retaining its police force due to the same "hiring goals", this is going to be awesome. Watch that 1.88 ff per 1,000 drop to LAFD levels. You want to appeal to minorities? No, you want to appeal to the people that want this job the most. Why? Because the public needs to trust us and especially in Baltimore where a street vendor selling hot dogs makes more than good guys and girls at BCFD.

  5. #455
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    For a city that is having a incredibly hard time retaining its police force due to the same "hiring goals", this is going to be awesome. Watch that 1.88 ff per 1,000 drop to LAFD levels. You want to appeal to minorities? No, you want to appeal to the people that want this job the most. Why? Because the public needs to trust us and especially in Baltimore where a street vendor selling hot dogs makes more than good guys and girls at BCFD.
    Don't forget the city attempting to slash the pension every budget cycle. Really makes recruitment & retention difficult if your future 25 years down the line is uncertain because career politicians are more worried about what pleases the moochers than those who protect lives & property in the city.

  6. #456
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    HR sent out letters scheduling interviews. Does anyone know why the process changed and they are now doing interviews again?

  7. #457
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Is anyone from out of the Baltimore area who will be in the next academy class looking for a roommate? Send me a message please

  8. #458
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Did you or anyone else receive a final offer yet?

  9. #459
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've been on the phone with HR a few times. They mentioned the 15th of Oct as the next "tentative" date for the academy. Has anyone else heard any different?

  10. #460
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scs0502 View Post
    I've been on the phone with HR a few times. They mentioned the 15th of Oct as the next "tentative" date for the academy. Has anyone else heard any different?
    Check your email

  11. #461
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDFF26 View Post
    Check your email
    got it. Schweet!!

  12. #462
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scs0502 View Post
    got it. Schweet!!
    See ya then!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Baltimore City F.D.
    By Hexxus in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
  2. Baltimore City
    By mlcougar2002 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
  3. Baltimore City
    By StevenMcCaffery in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM
  4. Baltimore City Paramedic
    By brozt316 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
  5. Baltimore City & DCFD?
    By Engine75 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register