1. #51
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Or I just put it on pleasure. I mean vibrate.
    Just don't be handling any electrical wiring or setting up jumper cables when it's on vibrate.
    Friend of mine was cutting the negative cable on his Jeep to replace it right when his phone went off.He jerked back and flung the cutters across the garage.
    Whoever was on the other end got an earful of cusswords("You son of a bi***,you c***sucker,you mother%$#@@@!") before he said"Yeah,I know it's my turn to get Jake.yeah,we'll come over for supper.Bye Mom."
    We were just standing in his garage with jaws agape at his reaction even before we knew his Mom had called.

  2. #52
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltmdepas3280 View Post
    Drive your car to that bastards managers drive thru and turn up the music has loud has it will go, park it, then go to burger king and have a WHOPPER...... If that doesn't work try Taco Bell they're just over the boarder
    Bumper snicker: If I wanted to listen to YOUR music,I'd ride in YOUR car!

  3. #53
    Forum Member
    HeavyRescueTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    you know, my ex lives in union beach, and her bff lives in keansberg, and my coworker is on the union beach FD (co 1 I think). maybe I should ask them to go down to McD's and ask the manager if he would throw someone out for having a pager go off? bet the answer would be no......

    that all being said, those tests are usually done at the same time every day. also, when i'm outside, my pager is on the loudest setting. when I go inside, i always turn it much lower. having it at full volume at the dinner table is loud, obnoxious and waaaaay too loud.

    so if there is a call, you get up and leave. otherwise, keep your pager/radio on low, keep it on the table if you so desire, but keep it low enough so you can hear it but it doesn't disturb anyone else.

    oh, and juniors can get pagers before they turn 18, before they take firefighter I, and they often do respond to calls, at least in the state of NJ.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

    FF/EMT/DBP

  4. #54
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    I didnt find Kyles statement to be out of line at all. Actually, I think he hit the nail on the head.


    (......on a side note.......... WHATS UP RYAN!?!)

    Acting professional, responsible, and mature is not a hard concept to master for most, but like you said, to each his own.


    If i was a juvinile delinquit (sp?) or was just ****ed at the manager of a local McD's for kicking a "devoted public servant" out, I would do this...........................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeyL2...eature=related
























    Too bad I'm neither, I will just have to laugh at these videos on the internet. And the owner of our local golden arches is an extremely nice guy so I would never see this happen.


    Hey now... you shouldn't laugh at that. That's actually happened to me while working the drive thru probably about a year ago. Funny parts about the story - they didn't take the cap off the SMALL drink that I purposely put mostly ice into and not a whole lot of WATER (yes, it was water, not even soda). They threw it back it as I was pulling away from the window opener and just made it through. They stayed there at the window to wait for their .93 cents in change that I owed them. Instead, my manager came over and began to fill up a large coffee cup with hot water and turned towards the window... Hence, they noticed that and sped off. The mess... well there was no mess except for a drip or two of water.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  5. #55
    Forum Member
    pfdcadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the lower 48
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J2Night View Post
    Okay so your cool now, you sat alone at a mcdonalds and turned your radio up so that everyone could here it go off and you could look important. But it backfired and you got kicked out lol. Im sure the humiality of getting kicked out was enought to teach you a lesson. But how would you feel if you were sitting at a mcdonalds enjoying a meal with your family and all you heard was negative incidents coming over a radio and hearing graphic updates. Moreover how would you like it if you were that family member calling for help and knew that everyone at the local mcdonalds heard that address (embarssing call). Have some respect for the citizens that you serve, you are a public servant not a movie star and have some respect for what goes on in peoples private lifes. Did it ever cross your mind that the manager or someone in the facility at the time worked in public safety and had a traumatic experience and could not handle the sound of radios going off. But you looked cool right and thats all the matters when your a cadet. Right?? NO your wrong! But maybe Burger King will let you listen to your radio so give them a shot. But i think that you would be great in the Media Feild cause you obviously like exposing peoples personal lives to make yourself look better.


    IF YOUR NOT ON SHIFT, YOU DONT NEED A RADIO!
    I was gathering thoughts as I read through the thread and you typed 'em all out for me


    I really, really don't understand why your are toying with the radio when you are not on shift. And that's not to rag on you, but I just think its unnecessary.

  6. #56
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J2Night View Post
    IF YOUR NOT ON SHIFT, YOU DONT NEED A RADIO!
    He's volunteer. Therefore there probably are no shifts in this dept and generally volunteers carry a pager around. Just figured I'd point that out(not that I'm trying to stick up for him).
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  7. #57
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dmleblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    He's volunteer. Therefore there probably are no shifts in this dept and generally volunteers carry a pager around. Just figured I'd point that out(not that I'm trying to stick up for him).

    Thanks for pointing this out, I was about to say something. I'm not sticking up for him, either, he sounds like a whacker....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

    "I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

  8. #58
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Exclamation

    I guess I'll throw myself on this grenade.

    I think a lot of you guys are way out of line. It is quite apparent that many of you haven't actually read anything this kid has said beyond the first post, if you even finished reading that. You are on bash-the-kid autopilot and are making yourselves look pretty foolish. My suggestion would be to actually read what this poor kid is saying and... ready for this... oh my god... GIVE HIM A CONSTRUCTIVE USEFULL ANSWER. Holy crap, we can't do that. He is just a junior so he must be wrong. Why bother reading it when we can go on auto-flame.

    To start with, nothing the kid said or elluded to has given any indication of immature behavior or inappropriate "showing off". The description of his actions leaves nothing in question and his postings on here are more thought out and mature than many "adults" that have come and gone on FH.com.

    You guys keep telling him he should have gone to the call rather than staying in the restaurant. Yet he has stated several times that it was a TEST page, not an incident page.

    You guys keep telling him should have had it on vibrate. He has stated several times that it is a Minitor II and does not have vibrate. But you keep telling him to use vibrate so obviously some of you are just out to add to the flame fest.

    People keep telling him he should have had it on [alert / silent / bell / whatever you want to call it]. He has stated several times that it was in fact on the bell and therefore was totally silent until the tones went off. But who cares, it is more fun to keep flaming him about it anyway since he's just a kid. Everybody on the bandwagon!!!

    You guys keep saying he should have turned the volume down or reset the pager right away so it didn't keep making noise. Well here's a shocker. He stated several times that he did in fact reset the pager immidiately after it went off. So all it did was go beep beep beep beep and it was silenced. But what the hell, lets add more gas to the flame thrower and just ignore that. My favorite is the one that said he should have reset it faster than right away. Never happy without something to complain about huh?

    The manager wanted the pager off. Not on silent or alert or vibrate. OFF, as in clicked off, powered off, might as well not have a battery in it. I wouldn't do that and I don't think anyone else would either standing in line at a stupid McDonalds. Silent alert mode is more than fine and might as well be off. I would be pretty annoyed too, espcially with all the other idiots blabbing away at the top of their lungs on a cell phone. I would probably just lie and say "yea it is off" since he wouldn't know any better.

    BANG! The sound of the genade I just threw myself on exploding.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  9. #59
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    I have read some of his posts and still stand by my assesment of his maturity based on the situation as described above.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  10. #60
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    nmfire, why let facts get in the way of a good story.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  11. #61
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    I'm going to stick with what I said before having known what happens on the other side of the story 90% of the time (from the managers point of view). It takes a lot to get a fast food manager on the other side of the counter - usually where I used to work, the manager would take care of the problem from behind the counter and go sit in the office. At least on 10 occasions during the 14 months I was there, someone was being kicked out for making messes or for being immature. I can only think of 1 time the manager went out from behind the counter to ask the kids to leave - can't remember exactly what it was they were doing, but I'm thinking it had something to do with ketchup.
    So basically, I'm saying it's BS that all was fine until the tones dropped and the manager got upset about the pager going off loudly and asked him to leave souly because of the pager.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  12. #62
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I'm going to stick with what I said before having known what happens on the other side of the story 90% of the time (from the managers point of view). It takes a lot to get a fast food manager on the other side of the counter - usually where I used to work, the manager would take care of the problem from behind the counter and go sit in the office. At least on 10 occasions during the 14 months I was there, someone was being kicked out for making messes or for being immature. I can only think of 1 time the manager went out from behind the counter to ask the kids to leave - can't remember exactly what it was they were doing, but I'm thinking it had something to do with ketchup.
    So basically, I'm saying it's BS that all was fine until the tones dropped and the manager got upset about the pager going off loudly and asked him to leave souly because of the pager.
    I believe it is spelled solely there champ.




    It was good to see you today caller.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  13. #63
    god

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    All over
    Posts
    255

    Default

    more importantly...

    what did you order? Did you already pay?

    My biggest pet peeve...If I order 10peice chicken McNugget, I was 10! Not 9! (I'll accept 11)

  14. #64
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    I believe it is spelled solely there champ.




    It was good to see you today caller.
    Thanks Jake. Thanks a lot for blowing my confidence out of whack.


    Good to see ya too... not on good terms, though.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  15. #65
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    I guess I'll throw myself on this grenade.

    I think a lot of you guys are way out of line. It is quite apparent that many of you haven't actually read anything this kid has said beyond the first post, if you even finished reading that. You are on bash-the-kid autopilot and are making yourselves look pretty foolish. My suggestion would be to actually read what this poor kid is saying and... ready for this... oh my god... GIVE HIM A CONSTRUCTIVE USEFULL ANSWER. Holy crap, we can't do that. He is just a junior so he must be wrong. Why bother reading it when we can go on auto-flame.

    To start with, nothing the kid said or elluded to has given any indication of immature behavior or inappropriate "showing off". The description of his actions leaves nothing in question and his postings on here are more thought out and mature than many "adults" that have come and gone on FH.com.

    You guys keep telling him he should have gone to the call rather than staying in the restaurant. Yet he has stated several times that it was a TEST page, not an incident page.

    You guys keep telling him should have had it on vibrate. He has stated several times that it is a Minitor II and does not have vibrate. But you keep telling him to use vibrate so obviously some of you are just out to add to the flame fest.

    People keep telling him he should have had it on [alert / silent / bell / whatever you want to call it]. He has stated several times that it was in fact on the bell and therefore was totally silent until the tones went off. But who cares, it is more fun to keep flaming him about it anyway since he's just a kid. Everybody on the bandwagon!!!

    You guys keep saying he should have turned the volume down or reset the pager right away so it didn't keep making noise. Well here's a shocker. He stated several times that he did in fact reset the pager immidiately after it went off. So all it did was go beep beep beep beep and it was silenced. But what the hell, lets add more gas to the flame thrower and just ignore that. My favorite is the one that said he should have reset it faster than right away. Never happy without something to complain about huh?

    The manager wanted the pager off. Not on silent or alert or vibrate. OFF, as in clicked off, powered off, might as well not have a battery in it. I wouldn't do that and I don't think anyone else would either standing in line at a stupid McDonalds. Silent alert mode is more than fine and might as well be off. I would be pretty annoyed too, espcially with all the other idiots blabbing away at the top of their lungs on a cell phone. I would probably just lie and say "yea it is off" since he wouldn't know any better.

    BANG! The sound of the genade I just threw myself on exploding.
    Sorry, I'm not buying it. As I posted in my first post, there are TWO sides to every story. I'm not just going to take this kid's word on a story and then contact this restaurant because he got booted. I still believe there is much more to this story than what is being led to believe.

    As a private business the restaurant reserves the right to enforce what rules they wish. This kid was told to silence the pager and he said no, so he gets the boot. Still no reason for me to call the restaurant and complain. He wants to use the excuse of what if this happens to other firefighters. Well, if the page comes in, you go. Also unless you have kids playing in the playground area, how long are you going to be sticking around the restaurant anyway?

    This story reeks of suspicion and that all the facts are not played out.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

  16. #66
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Whether you believe what he is saying or not is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Most of the people roasting this kid on here haven't even read anything he said to formulate that opinion. People that keep saying "well couldn't you have put it on vibrate" obviously haven't read a single thing.

    If you've read it and you don't believe him, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to that opinion. But that isn't what I'm talking about.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  17. #67
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Whether you believe what he is saying or not is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Most of the people roasting this kid on here haven't even read anything he said to formulate that opinion. People that keep saying "well couldn't you have put it on vibrate" obviously haven't read a single thing.

    If you've read it and you don't believe him, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to that opinion. But that isn't what I'm talking about.
    After his initial post, I challenged him as to why he couldnt simply have reset the pager. Later on, after several others started beating him up, he alters his story to say that it was a "test" and that it lasted less than 5 seconds.

    I originally called BULLSCHIT, and I am still calling BULLSCHIT. I have said it before and I am saying it again- there are two sides to every story, and it is painfully obvious that we are not getting the "other side" here.

    And Juniors/Explorers/Cadets/Whatevers do not need pagers or lights.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  18. #68
    Forum Member
    GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Awesome post ending right there my freinds...
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  19. #69
    FF-EMT
    Mzanghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    183

    Thumbs down

    I have worked in a MickyD's as a manager and CANNOT believe that an on-duty manager was that upset by such an occurrence that the individual was thrown out of a restaurant over a loud pager! He also asked us to write letters of complaint in support of his position and most if not all of us told him on and gave resons why we would not do so, such as his believability was a little thin. If you are going to ask for that kind of a response; you had better be willing to calmly and professionally explain why such a response is needed or required and NCVCadet did neither. I am going to post part of his original post:

    "Yesterday afternoon I was kicked out of a local McDonald's because my pager went off while I was inside. The managers told me to either turn my pager off or leave. [b]I refused to turn the pager off so I was kicked out. Any one else find this disturbing? . . . . Cadet Emergency Service Workers are not allowed to have their pagers on inside of this place because it "annoys" others.. . .

    Personally I find the managers to be ungrateful, because, every time those tones go out that means there are people, unselfishly, putting their own lives at risk to help others in need. Clearly whats more important to them is for people to not be "annoyed" by a short 5 second tone, but than again, they don't understand. That's why they work in fast food and not Emergency Services.

    The areas I highlighted in bold show an unbelievable arrogance, not to mention that many people work in fast food and are also volunteers in their towns so your comment was way out of line. I know several fine volunteers that work in retail/fast food. You and NCVCadet need to both take a chill pill and stop with the overblown image of yourselves.

    Just my final .02 cents on the issue
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

  20. #70
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    He's volunteer. Therefore there probably are no shifts in this dept and generally volunteers carry a pager around. Just figured I'd point that out(not that I'm trying to stick up for him).
    I was a volunteer,too.I rarely carried my walkie talkie around town figuring that I'd need it in my turnouts for when the pager went off.That's what pager are for: to call the volunteers in so they can use their radios on the fireground.
    Even when new,I didn't feel the need to have the volume cranked up while on the countywide channel so everyone would know that a vollie was in the house.I'd put it on vibrate(my dept's pagers had that option),turn the volume down or even turn the thing off when I was in line for Scottish food or whereever I was that I didn't need the disturbance.
    Try explaining during a job interview that you won't be dropping everything and running out the door when the pager is blaring away at full war emergency power.

  21. #71
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    I guess I'll throw myself on this grenade.

    I think a lot of you guys are way out of line. It is quite apparent that many of you haven't actually read anything this kid has said beyond the first post, if you even finished reading that. You are on bash-the-kid autopilot and are making yourselves look pretty foolish. My suggestion would be to actually read what this poor kid is saying and... ready for this... oh my god... GIVE HIM A CONSTRUCTIVE USEFULL ANSWER. Holy crap, we can't do that. He is just a junior so he must be wrong. Why bother reading it when we can go on auto-flame.

    To start with, nothing the kid said or elluded to has given any indication of immature behavior or inappropriate "showing off". The description of his actions leaves nothing in question and his postings on here are more thought out and mature than many "adults" that have come and gone on FH.com.

    You guys keep telling him he should have gone to the call rather than staying in the restaurant. Yet he has stated several times that it was a TEST page, not an incident page.

    You guys keep telling him should have had it on vibrate. He has stated several times that it is a Minitor II and does not have vibrate. But you keep telling him to use vibrate so obviously some of you are just out to add to the flame fest.

    People keep telling him he should have had it on [alert / silent / bell / whatever you want to call it]. He has stated several times that it was in fact on the bell and therefore was totally silent until the tones went off. But who cares, it is more fun to keep flaming him about it anyway since he's just a kid. Everybody on the bandwagon!!!

    You guys keep saying he should have turned the volume down or reset the pager right away so it didn't keep making noise. Well here's a shocker. He stated several times that he did in fact reset the pager immidiately after it went off. So all it did was go beep beep beep beep and it was silenced. But what the hell, lets add more gas to the flame thrower and just ignore that. My favorite is the one that said he should have reset it faster than right away. Never happy without something to complain about huh?

    The manager wanted the pager off. Not on silent or alert or vibrate. OFF, as in clicked off, powered off, might as well not have a battery in it. I wouldn't do that and I don't think anyone else would either standing in line at a stupid McDonalds. Silent alert mode is more than fine and might as well be off. I would be pretty annoyed too, espcially with all the other idiots blabbing away at the top of their lungs on a cell phone. I would probably just lie and say "yea it is off" since he wouldn't know any better.

    BANG! The sound of the genade I just threw myself on exploding.
    That is how I feel most of the time. It is really sad that we have to worry about what people say when we stick up for the explorers.

  22. #72
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Whether you believe what he is saying or not is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Most of the people roasting this kid on here haven't even read anything he said to formulate that opinion. People that keep saying "well couldn't you have put it on vibrate" obviously haven't read a single thing.

    If you've read it and you don't believe him, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to that opinion. But that isn't what I'm talking about.
    Point is, despite what this kid is saying, we are not getting the whole story. When I was a volly and had a pager I had the volume up just enough for me to hear it. If it did go off during a pager test you just turned it down. It is common sense. Sure maybe some didn't read the entire thread to see where he states the pager didn't have "vibrate" but a pager DOES have volume control. Doesn't seem like he did that here.

    The reasoning for the "bashing" is the attitude displayed. We only get one side of a story and we are supposed to contact this restaurant to show our displeasure? No. All we are getting is his side of the story, so we can't even judge the facts. It doesn't mean the attitude was correct and this is not the correct way to go about on a complaint. The issue is we see this attitude way to often from those coming into the fire service. This issue is best handled between the individual and the manager, you don't your problems to a PUBLIC forum and call for an action to arms to basically call this restaurant out. It isn't the facts that are being ignored but the attitude presented.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

  23. #73
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    By the way, for those of us who know how to silence our pagers....Credit to buckscountyfire.com

    This is for those FD members looking to help out another department with a fund raiser. If you’re in the Bristol Borough/Township area next Monday September 15 stop into the McDonalds at Route 13 and Commerce Park between the hours of 17:00 & 20:00 hours. You are invited to stop by for something to eat. Good Will Hose Co. No. 3 (Station 52) members will be working at the McDonalds during those hours as a fundraiser for percentage of the take at this store during these three hours. If you have duty crews and are able to make the trip, stop by and say Hi. Bring or send your friends & family. We can use the support.


    Edit: ooops...just realized it was this past monday...But the sentiment is still there.....
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  24. #74
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    That is how I feel most of the time. It is really sad that we have to worry about what people say when we stick up for the explorers.
    I disagree. It isn't the fact of sticking up for Explorers, but what you are sticking up for. In this case, it isn't the fact his pager went off, it is how he presents this situation to a public forum. Coming on saying stuff about the manager like "That's why they work in fast food and not Emergency Services" and "I find the managers to be ungrateful". That is a poor attitude and then we don't have any facts except he got kicked out of the restaurant. You don't come onto a public forum and post the restaurant's contact info and have a call to arms. Sorry I will never stick up for any person like this.

    It is fine to stick up for someone if you believe they are right. Not really the case here. Most times an Explorer should be grateful to have the opportunity to learn about the fire service and the job. However, when you come onto a public forum and make statements like this or say that Explorers, etc should carry pagers, or respond emergent in POV's have lights on POV's, do firefighting, or what have you, I do disagree. They are there to learn, that is the primary job. In this case, hopefully the OP learned you don't make a call to arms for an incident where all the facts are unknown, let alone bash the person who gave him the boot.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

  25. #75
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    I disagree. It isn't the fact of sticking up for Explorers, but what you are sticking up for. In this case, it isn't the fact his pager went off, it is how he presents this situation to a public forum. Coming on saying stuff about the manager like "That's why they work in fast food and not Emergency Services" and "I find the managers to be ungrateful". That is a poor attitude and then we don't have any facts except he got kicked out of the restaurant. You don't come onto a public forum and post the restaurant's contact info and have a call to arms. Sorry I will never stick up for any person like this.

    It is fine to stick up for someone if you believe they are right. Not really the case here. Most times an Explorer should be grateful to have the opportunity to learn about the fire service and the job. However, when you come onto a public forum and make statements like this or say that Explorers, etc should carry pagers, or respond emergent in POV's have lights on POV's, do firefighting, or what have you, I do disagree. They are there to learn, that is the primary job. In this case, hopefully the OP learned you don't make a call to arms for an incident where all the facts are unknown, let alone bash the person who gave him the boot.
    I couldn't agree anymore.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. McDonalds resturant fires
    By sslively in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
  2. You know where he kicked him?!?!
    By sconfire in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
  3. McDonalds Cooking Hoods
    By Fishdc in forum Fire Prevention and Life Safety
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2001, 08:35 AM
  4. McDonalds a cruel lesson
    By CFMJay in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2000, 01:01 AM
  5. Getting kicked out of a Vol. fire comp.
    By piccy in forum Federal & Military Firehouse Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-1999, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register