+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
    Forum Member

well then a test page- he either should have lowered it and listened or went outside- refusing to turn it off shows disregard for the other customers. There is no need to have a test page so loud that a someone would comment

Forum Member

Default Represent your dept/community

I can understand being upset for being thrown out of mcdonalds. you definately have a different understanding of why you are carrying a pager, however the last thing you want to do is make a fool out of yourself the dept. and your community if a local business asks you to turn down or off your pager then do It. afterall i is just a test why do you need to blare out a test other than to just show off that you are a rentafireman. I guess from their perspective they have several people to please in there atmosphere so please 50 and **** off 1. You dont get special privledges at mcds just for being a fireman. It make you the dept. and the community you work for like arrogant jerks that are compensating for something just because they carry a pager or have a badge on. your just like everyone else at mcds so act like it.

Forum Member

How can you say you don't want to go through the drive through blasting music because you work for the community and it looks bad, yet you will not turn down the volume on your pager AND you will refuse to leave a McDonalds?? Just wondering C:

Default To Op

To original poster:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Cause he wanted to look like a big bad fireman with his brick sized wacker pager turned up all the way, so when the tones go out he can puff up his chest like Superman and go to play with the big boys, even though all he'll do is watch and roll the hose afterwards. I certainly didn't act that way when I was an Explorer and I look down upon those not only act like this, but also their leaders who allow this type of behavior to occur.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Example- Our local high school has about 750 students give or take. Their football team is usually fairly competitive and is usually a decent sized team. This year, the entire football program started out with around 45 kids in freshman, jv, and varsity teams. Today, they have 22. Their coach says that they are losing players because the players do not want to be disciplined. Whether it is for talking back, dropping a pass, or missing a block is irrelevant. The kids literally up and quit when the coach tells them to line up for sprints. Just take off their helmets, go in, clean out their lockers, and are gone. Some of these kids are even raising hell about how "mean" their coach is, or "how much of a (insert chosen expletive here) the coach is. I mean how can someone think hes gonna make me run for dropping a pass. what a ********. He aint gonna make me do $h!t!".
    That's because good ole' Dr Spock (who's OWN SON killed himself, a lot like how Dr Atkins the diet guy died) teaches that parents shouldn't shame their children for undesireable behavior. I was always taught to never be a quitter and to think about what I'd be missing out on if I wasn't part of it anymore. Kept me from quitting a lot of things, and no matter how much I hated it at the time, things always got better, amazing how that works...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Stop

If that was a police officer sitting there and his radio was on, would the manager have the balls to walk up to him and tell him to turn it down and leave, i think not! If he did, i'm sure the officer would turn it down but not off. Whatever..... screaming kids in mcdonalds or a pager,,,,,,, what's the difference?
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    ASST CHIEF
    TLVFD, NY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TLFD40 View Post
    If that was a police officer sitting there and his radio was on, would the manager have the balls to walk up to him and tell him to turn it down and leave, i think not! If he did, i'm sure the officer would turn it down but not off. Whatever..... screaming kids in mcdonalds or a pager,,,,,,, what's the difference?
    Police officer vs. fire explorer....BIG difference.

Now please let the poor horse die.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TLFD40 View Post
    Bit of a difference between an on duty cop and a fire explorer. Actually a huge difference. If that cop doesn't hear a call and something happens because of it, who's going to wear it. That officer. If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Bit of a difference between an on duty cop and a fire explorer. Actually a huge difference. If that cop doesn't hear a call and something happens because of it, who's going to wear it. That officer. If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.

interesting, so taking that logic. A volunteer firefighter isn't "required" to respond, so they don't have a valid reason to wear there pagers around and have the volume cranked up, because if they miss a call, no problem, they aren't required to be there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    interesting, so taking that logic. A volunteer firefighter isn't "required" to respond, so they don't have a valid reason to wear there pagers around and have the volume cranked up, because if they miss a call, no problem, they aren't required to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.
    There's a substantial difference between a volunteer FF and an explorer. There's not really a logical connection there... You're heading towards comparing apples to oranges.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Are you idiots still going on and on about this?? I think you've all proven you don't care what actually happened and just want to junior-bash. It is getting old. Move on to something useful.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    There's a substantial difference between a volunteer FF and an explorer. There's not really a logical connection there... You're heading towards comparing apples to oranges.

yes we all know explorers and firefighters are different, but what of cops and volunteer firefighters. Vollys aren't require to respond, there for....

Forum Member

yes we all know explorers and firefighters are different, but what of cops and volunteer firefighters. Vollys aren't require to respond, there for....
    Ok I understand now... I didn't realize that's what you meant.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

While your right, that volunteer firefighter is a hell of a lot more useful on a scene than the explorer is. There is no reason to have to turn it down normally but if it's going to be disruptive or you are asked then sure turn it down or put it in vibrate. I said that from the beginning. I used to do it a lot actually. Most of the time when I went into a store or restaurant I would take it off full and put it down to 4 or 5 and would still hear and calls and not disrupt anyone. When I was a Junior I had it on one in class. I never missed anything there either.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    Are you idiots still going on and on about this?? I think you've all proven you don't care what actually happened and just want to junior-bash. It is getting old. Move on to something useful.
    Was that really needed? We know it's been hashed out to the max, but coming in calling us idiots?? Come on. Your not contributing anything with that. If you don't like this thread, don't read it. Nobody forced you to come here the first time you came in and nobody continues to make you come here. So relax a little.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 12-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Let me clarify. People are ACTING LIKE IDIOTS.

I realize most people here are intelligent individuals and good at their jobs. But the actions and statements of most of those same people in this thread are really showing their dumber sides. I pointed out most of it on page 3 so I'm not going say it all over again. People are still doing it two pages later.
    Last edited by nmfire; 12-02-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I can not believe that a post regarding an EXPLORER asking to leave Mc Donalds because his pager has gone off has actually sparked conversation for 3 months! In the grand scheme of things- who cares? Did this kid ever speak to the manager about the incident? That probably would have answered all questions a long time ago!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fitzjr11 View Post
    I can not believe that a post regarding an EXPLORER asking to leave Mc Donalds because his pager has gone off has actually sparked conversation for 3 months! In the grand scheme of things- who cares? Did this kid ever speak to the manager about the incident? That probably would have answered all questions a long time ago!
    Exactly. Let it f*ckin die.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

HE got kicked out od McDonald's because he is an assbag.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Forum Member

Whats an assbag?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whats an assbag?
    This guy. He's an assbag.

It's curable.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

IACOJ - Proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whats an assbag?

Maybe this ? http://gizmodo.com/340825/assboobs+s...ul-experiences
    Chief Jim Bator
    www.hopewellfire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?
    FTM-PTB

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. ~Kurt Vonnegut

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information