+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
  1. #101
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    54

    Default

    well then a test page- he either should have lowered it and listened or went outside- refusing to turn it off shows disregard for the other customers. There is no need to have a test page so loud that a someone would comment

  2. #102
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    idaho falls
    Posts
    52

    Default Represent your dept/community

    I can understand being upset for being thrown out of mcdonalds. you definately have a different understanding of why you are carrying a pager, however the last thing you want to do is make a fool out of yourself the dept. and your community if a local business asks you to turn down or off your pager then do It. afterall i is just a test why do you need to blare out a test other than to just show off that you are a rentafireman. I guess from their perspective they have several people to please in there atmosphere so please 50 and **** off 1. You dont get special privledges at mcds just for being a fireman. It make you the dept. and the community you work for like arrogant jerks that are compensating for something just because they carry a pager or have a badge on. your just like everyone else at mcds so act like it.

  3. #103
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    3

    Default

    How can you say you don't want to go through the drive through blasting music because you work for the community and it looks bad, yet you will not turn down the volume on your pager AND you will refuse to leave a McDonalds?? Just wondering C:

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default To Op

    To original poster:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #105
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Cause he wanted to look like a big bad fireman with his brick sized wacker pager turned up all the way, so when the tones go out he can puff up his chest like Superman and go to play with the big boys, even though all he'll do is watch and roll the hose afterwards. I certainly didn't act that way when I was an Explorer and I look down upon those not only act like this, but also their leaders who allow this type of behavior to occur.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #106
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Example- Our local high school has about 750 students give or take. Their football team is usually fairly competitive and is usually a decent sized team. This year, the entire football program started out with around 45 kids in freshman, jv, and varsity teams. Today, they have 22. Their coach says that they are losing players because the players do not want to be disciplined. Whether it is for talking back, dropping a pass, or missing a block is irrelevant. The kids literally up and quit when the coach tells them to line up for sprints. Just take off their helmets, go in, clean out their lockers, and are gone. Some of these kids are even raising hell about how "mean" their coach is, or "how much of a (insert chosen expletive here) the coach is. I mean how can someone think hes gonna make me run for dropping a pass. what a ********. He aint gonna make me do $h!t!".
    That's because good ole' Dr Spock (who's OWN SON killed himself, a lot like how Dr Atkins the diet guy died) teaches that parents shouldn't shame their children for undesireable behavior. I was always taught to never be a quitter and to think about what I'd be missing out on if I wasn't part of it anymore. Kept me from quitting a lot of things, and no matter how much I hated it at the time, things always got better, amazing how that works...

  7. #107
    MembersZone Subscriber
    TLFD40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    148

    Default Stop

    If that was a police officer sitting there and his radio was on, would the manager have the balls to walk up to him and tell him to turn it down and leave, i think not! If he did, i'm sure the officer would turn it down but not off. Whatever..... screaming kids in mcdonalds or a pager,,,,,,, what's the difference?
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    ASST CHIEF
    TLVFD, NY

  8. #108
    Forum Member
    tbonetrexler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, Delaware US
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TLFD40 View Post
    If that was a police officer sitting there and his radio was on, would the manager have the balls to walk up to him and tell him to turn it down and leave, i think not! If he did, i'm sure the officer would turn it down but not off. Whatever..... screaming kids in mcdonalds or a pager,,,,,,, what's the difference?
    Police officer vs. fire explorer....BIG difference.

    Now please let the poor horse die.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

    Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

    My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

  9. #109
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TLFD40 View Post
    If that was a police officer sitting there and his radio was on, would the manager have the balls to walk up to him and tell him to turn it down and leave, i think not! If he did, i'm sure the officer would turn it down but not off. Whatever..... screaming kids in mcdonalds or a pager,,,,,,, what's the difference?
    Bit of a difference between an on duty cop and a fire explorer. Actually a huge difference. If that cop doesn't hear a call and something happens because of it, who's going to wear it. That officer. If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  10. #110
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Bit of a difference between an on duty cop and a fire explorer. Actually a huge difference. If that cop doesn't hear a call and something happens because of it, who's going to wear it. That officer. If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.

    interesting, so taking that logic. A volunteer firefighter isn't "required" to respond, so they don't have a valid reason to wear there pagers around and have the volume cranked up, because if they miss a call, no problem, they aren't required to be there.

  11. #111
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    interesting, so taking that logic. A volunteer firefighter isn't "required" to respond, so they don't have a valid reason to wear there pagers around and have the volume cranked up, because if they miss a call, no problem, they aren't required to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    If that Fire Explorer doesn't respond what will happen?? Nothing because they aren't required to be there and the dept would respond like normal.
    There's a substantial difference between a volunteer FF and an explorer. There's not really a logical connection there... You're heading towards comparing apples to oranges.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  12. #112
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Are you idiots still going on and on about this?? I think you've all proven you don't care what actually happened and just want to junior-bash. It is getting old. Move on to something useful.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  13. #113
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    There's a substantial difference between a volunteer FF and an explorer. There's not really a logical connection there... You're heading towards comparing apples to oranges.

    yes we all know explorers and firefighters are different, but what of cops and volunteer firefighters. Vollys aren't require to respond, there for....

  14. #114
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    yes we all know explorers and firefighters are different, but what of cops and volunteer firefighters. Vollys aren't require to respond, there for....
    Ok I understand now... I didn't realize that's what you meant.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  15. #115
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    interesting, so taking that logic. A volunteer firefighter isn't "required" to respond, so they don't have a valid reason to wear there pagers around and have the volume cranked up, because if they miss a call, no problem, they aren't required to be there.
    While your right, that volunteer firefighter is a hell of a lot more useful on a scene than the explorer is. There is no reason to have to turn it down normally but if it's going to be disruptive or you are asked then sure turn it down or put it in vibrate. I said that from the beginning. I used to do it a lot actually. Most of the time when I went into a store or restaurant I would take it off full and put it down to 4 or 5 and would still hear and calls and not disrupt anyone. When I was a Junior I had it on one in class. I never missed anything there either.

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    Are you idiots still going on and on about this?? I think you've all proven you don't care what actually happened and just want to junior-bash. It is getting old. Move on to something useful.
    Was that really needed? We know it's been hashed out to the max, but coming in calling us idiots?? Come on. Your not contributing anything with that. If you don't like this thread, don't read it. Nobody forced you to come here the first time you came in and nobody continues to make you come here. So relax a little.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 12-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  16. #116
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Let me clarify. People are ACTING LIKE IDIOTS.

    I realize most people here are intelligent individuals and good at their jobs. But the actions and statements of most of those same people in this thread are really showing their dumber sides. I pointed out most of it on page 3 so I'm not going say it all over again. People are still doing it two pages later.
    Last edited by nmfire; 12-02-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  17. #117
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I can not believe that a post regarding an EXPLORER asking to leave Mc Donalds because his pager has gone off has actually sparked conversation for 3 months! In the grand scheme of things- who cares? Did this kid ever speak to the manager about the incident? That probably would have answered all questions a long time ago!

  18. #118
    Forum Member
    tbonetrexler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, Delaware US
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzjr11 View Post
    I can not believe that a post regarding an EXPLORER asking to leave Mc Donalds because his pager has gone off has actually sparked conversation for 3 months! In the grand scheme of things- who cares? Did this kid ever speak to the manager about the incident? That probably would have answered all questions a long time ago!
    Exactly. Let it f*ckin die.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

    Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

    My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

  19. #119
    Forum Member
    johnny46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    HE got kicked out od McDonald's because he is an assbag.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

  20. #120
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Whats an assbag?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  21. #121
    Forum Member
    johnny46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whats an assbag?
    This guy. He's an assbag.

    It's curable.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

  22. #122
    IACOJ - Proud member.

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whats an assbag?

    Maybe this ? http://gizmodo.com/340825/assboobs+s...ul-experiences
    Chief Jim Bator
    www.hopewellfire.org

    IACOJ
    Got Crust?
    FTM-PTB


    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. ~Kurt Vonnegut

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. McDonalds resturant fires
    By sslively in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
  2. You know where he kicked him?!?!
    By sconfire in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
  3. McDonalds Cooking Hoods
    By Fishdc in forum Fire Prevention and Life Safety
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2001, 08:35 AM
  4. McDonalds a cruel lesson
    By CFMJay in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2000, 01:01 AM
  5. Getting kicked out of a Vol. fire comp.
    By piccy in forum Federal & Military Firehouse Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-1999, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register