Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Please clarify Firefighter 1 question

Proof of graduation from or current enrollment in a Fire Academy or a Firefighter I certificate. Either must meet California State Fire Marshal requirements.

Does this mean a Firefighter 1 cert from another state that meets CA State requirements, will be accepted? I have my Pro-Board (NFPA 1001) FF1 and 2, but I am still waiting for my CA state cert to come in the mail. The only proof of a CA FF1 I have is a letter signed by my Fire Chief stating everything has been submitted to Sacramento for certification.

This for the Reserve position in Laguna Beach. It is 2 shifts a month and I would love to do this with my full-time job at Plant 42.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

Sorry about the grammer and spellling errors.

Forum Member

Default Sorry

I really don't think you are going to get those certs. It has been along time and you have not heard anything from CSFM or that "other" dept. on this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by camp****1 View Post
    I really don't think you are going to get those certs. It has been along time and you have not heard anything from CSFM or that "other" dept. on this.
    I can always have my stuff re-submitted by my current department. The Chief just needs to get Plant 42 in the Fire service Directory.

Rregarding my post, will Laguna accept a Pro-Board FF1 if it meets the CA requirements?

I sent you a pm,

Kevin

Pro Board and IFSAC are not accepted or transferable in the state of California.

Per their website- "Reciprocity
    At this time, SFT does not offer reciprocity for certifications, including IFSAC and Pro Board, that were received in another state. In order to apply for SFT certification in California, you must meet all of the requirements listed in the SFT Procedures Manual. We recommend you contact the fire department requiring the certification to determine if they will accept your alternative certificates."
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 09-14-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Pro Board and IFSAC are not accepted or transferable in the state of California.

Per their website- "Reciprocity
    At this time, SFT does not offer reciprocity for certifications, including IFSAC and Pro Board, that were received in another state. In order to apply for SFT certification in California, you must meet all of the requirements listed in the SFT Procedures Manual. We recommend you contact the fire department requiring the certification to determine if they will accept your alternative certificates."
    I sent you a pm. Looks like I will have to contact LB to see if they will take what I have. It does say "at time of appointment". So I think they will at least take the test.

Stay safe,

Kevin

Thread Information