Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Question gdma15

gdma15 you didn't try for Tiverton?

MembersZone Subscriber

I did not make it to the written exam for Tiverton. Only because of work, I could not get that morning off and especially with the snow storm we had that morning. I heard that only about 18 people showed up. Did you find out how you did?

And did you apply for Woonsocket and Lincoln?

Forum Member

Default gdma

We did not hear any results yet. I plan on trying for Woonsocket and Lincoln. Last I heard Woonsocket wanted to layoff though, I'm not so sure why they are putting another list together.

MembersZone Subscriber

Woonsocket might not hire right away but their list is expiring. They tested this time in '07, so the 2 year list is up. Like I said before in this thread things might happen, things may not happen, it all depends on what happens with the economy and the Governor. All I know is that I am going to test for every City I can and hope for the best.

Forum Member

The Woonsocket mayor just tried to lay 60 guys off. Yes, the union got the layoffs halted in court, but I still wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Woonsocket will test. They took our $50.00 for that, but who knows if the test will lead to any hirings.

just seein if this works

if the governor's plans go through they'll be enough jobs for everyone..although you'll probably be better off working at target

Quote Originally Posted by gdma15 View Post
    I haven't seen a lot of posts on here in at least 6 months, I wanted to know where everyone was?

I also had a question for some of the full-time career guys online here in RI. I have found when I have tested that EMT-Cardiac cert. is necessary to be hired but FF1 + 2 were not. The only ones requiring FF1 were the airports.

I currently have my Cardiac cert. and have looked into taking FF1 but I am getting mixed feedback from others on taking it now. Some say wait until you get on because they will put you through FF1 + 2 during the academy. I have also had dept.'s ask me when I was going to get it during interviews. So I am trying to figure out if it is to my advantage to take it or not.

Any suggestions?
    So is emt-cardiac the same thing as a paramedic?
    FF/Paramedic

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    So is emt-cardiac the same thing as a paramedic?
    nope, we actually still have the paramedic level in rhode island,, however theres only a slight difference between what a medic and what a cardiac can do..the drastic difference is the amount of course requirements, the only patient contact required to achieve your cardiac cert is peripheral iv sticks(it's been awhile but i think you need 12 successful sticks), other than that everything else is covered in the classro,

Default anyone there?

Just wondering if anyone still out there? Also if anyone had any good stories or news about getting hired lately. With this State's economy everyone could use some good news!

Anyone been testing out there?

Thread Information