Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flight Over

Forum Member

Default Flight Over

anyone got details about the flight from houston over to Iraq like what we fly in and where the layovers are, etc...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TTaylor1553 View Post
    anyone got details about the flight from houston over to Iraq like what we fly in and where the layovers are, etc...
    Been awhile, however we flew from Houston to Amsterdam, and from Amsterdam to Dubai (commercial airline). Now, here is the fun part of your flight. Flying from Dubai to Baghdad, you will have the experience of flying "Crazy Ivan Airlines". The airline is chartered through KBR, and they are Russian pilots. Personally, I think they are damn good pilots, but the planes themselves are held together with duct tape, glue, and a prayer. It is an experience you will not forget, but one in which you should enjoy. Just stay away from the sausage like substance they serve for breakfast. Have fun!!!!

Forum Member

Lately it seems like they're trying to put everyone on the straight through Atlanta to Dubai Delta flight. From Houston to Atlanta, a few hours in Atlanta, then boom, off you go.

I think the ATL-DXB (Dubai) flight was a 747, but I'm not positive. You can look it up on Delta's website, I'm sure.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by firezapper View Post
    Lately it seems like they're trying to put everyone on the straight through Atlanta to Dubai Delta flight. From Houston to Atlanta, a few hours in Atlanta, then boom, off you go.

I think the ATL-DXB (Dubai) flight was a 747, but I'm not positive. You can look it up on Delta's website, I'm sure.
    Actually zap, I just got over here 2 weeks ago and the guy a week before me both had a 777 flight over with Delta. It seems as if the company is trying to get everyone from Houston to DXB on the 'Delta 7' flights for in coutnry arrivals now.

Back to the 'Crazy Ivan Airline' actually the plane is probably the worst part of the flight, the take off and landing are the worst, actually flying in mid-air not so bad, especially if you go to sleep for 2-3 hours, but make sure you're awake for the landing. It is a blast. Just when you take off and come in for the landing nevermind the rattling of the planes and the pieces of aluminum on the wings that are folded up, the plane still flew well!!! And I hope you've expierenced a combat landing before as well, if not you'll get a glimpse of it on that plane, which is a 737. the flight attendant chick we had was actually kinda pleasant on the eyes too. But other than that enjoy the expierence it, only get to do it 3 times in one year!!!!!

Forum Member

Ours was the Delta 7 out of ATL. It was just under 14hrs. The plane was not that bad. You have you own TV and they feed you two meals for free.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default CI Air

Hay I was there in 04 and Crazy Ivan Airlines really did put new tires on the plane. Took 4 months of carring them around as balast but the finnally got on.

Thread Information