JOB TITLE: FIRE INSPECTOR
POSTING NO: 08-081
DATE: July 24, 2008

JOB SUMMARY:$21.74 hour
Under general direction, performs a variety of fire prevention inspection duties. Conducts inspections of facilities and areas on an annual, quarterly or monthly basis, or as required to determine that NSB, DOD, UFC, NFPA and other applicable codes or directives are complied with. Makes independent judgment on items pertaining to Life Safety. Issues formal (typed) notice of code violations as required. Performs inspections, tests, and maintenance on hydrants, first aid fire extinguishers, sprinklers, fire alarm systems, hood systems, and other fire protection equipment as required. Gives instructions to designated groups concerning fire and safety regulations and proper use of first aid equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Must have at least 2 years of fire fighting experience gained in the inspection for, detection, control, and elimination of fire hazards; applying fire regulations and fire codes; writing descriptions of violations/corrective recommendations and speaking to groups on fire prevention. Should be familiar with radio procedures.
• DOD, IFSAC, or NPQ certifications: HAZMAT Awareness, Fire Service Instructor I, and Fire Inspector I & II.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license and qualify for a government operator’s license.
• Must be able to pass pre-hire physical exam and annual physical exam to assure individual is free of conditions which might adversely effect the performance of duties, i.e., lifting, crawling, climbing.
• Must be able to pass TNAC (Trustworthy National Agency Check) and be able to obtain and maintain access to all areas of SUBASE Kings Bay.

contact mike.carver@vtgriffrin.com