Forum Member

Default Music to excersize to

Ok, so I'm going through my mp3 player, and have come to the realization that I need to expand my collection of songs to listen to during my workout.

Currently I have a bunch of linkin park stuff, some drop kick murphys, a guns and roses song or two, some nickleback, and some other random songs. oh, and I have crazy bitch by buckcherry because it reminds me sooo much of my ex

I'm looking for mostly rock stuff, fast paced, and good music. basically stuff with a good beat that i can blast into my ear and tune out everything else.

any idea? and if you have specific songs in mind, please post title and author.
    Last edited by DrParasite; 09-24-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    I'm looking for mostly rock stuff, fast paced, and good music. basically stuff with a good beat that I can blast into my ear and tune out everything else.
    Not [really] a good idea to blast anything into your ears. Obviously you are young and indestructible, but Tinnitus [ringing in the ears] is irreversable...caused by various things, one being loud noises, along with certain [Benzine] chemicals. I think this is the main reason for the fuss concerning the "Q's" being mounted low, and those [goofy] "headsets" worn today...isn't it?

I have suffered from Tinnitus for many years...with no relief available whatsoever. PROTECT YOUR HEARING AT ALL COST!
    "we will bankrupt ourselves in the vain attempt at absolute security"
    Pres. / General Dwight D. Eisenhower

MembersZone Subscriber

Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, System of a Down, and Ministry are in my iPod

Godsmack - The Enemy is my favorite to really bang out a good set.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a couple for now:
    Move Along - All-American Rejects
    Where the Streets Have No Name - U2

Forum Member

Try hatebreed
    Matthew Pullen
    Firefighter
    Levittown Fire Company No.1
    www.levittownfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Indestructible, the new album by Disturbed has fueled some sick workouts lately. I also like Sevendust's latest album, Alpha( check out deathstar, beg to differ, and alpha). On www.rosstraining.com Ross used the song indestructible for his compilation video. Youtube has it too.

Forum Member

Disturbed, gotta have Korn, Metallica, Godsmack, Static X "Push It" is one of the best

Forum Member

Check with your local health club where they teach group classes. The instructor should be able to give you the names of companies thast produce mixed music so that you have it w/o any dead air and all at the same beat.
    Stephen J Bourassa
    Latham FD (NY)
    member since 1969
    challenge competitor since 1993

Forum Member

Kyuss

Thank me later!

Forum Member

Yanni, Enya, John Tesh..... j/k! (Unless your idea of working out is yoga!)

Megadeth - Angry Again; an assortment of Metallica (old stuff before the black album. A recent addition: 3 Doors Down - It's Not My Time. Pantera, Rammstein, Thrice - Stare at the Sun, Sponge - Plowed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by agavegrove View Post
    Yanni, Enya, John Tesh..... j/k! (Unless your idea of working out is yoga!)

Megadeth - Angry Again; an assortment of Metallica (old stuff before the black album. A recent addition: 3 Doors Down - It's Not My Time. Pantera, Rammstein, Thrice - Stare at the Sun, Sponge - Plowed.
    SPONGE cool choice man

Their is a heavy metal cartoon called metalocalypse and it follows the band dethklok around... Search for that stuff man it is great if you like oldies like iron maiden all the way to present day stuff... best of luck!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Hey Dan, I think it comes down to what kind of music YOU like.

For me, when I'm out for my walk or riding the stationary bike, it will depend on my mood at the time and how fast I want to go - I could listen to Led Zep, Metallica, U2, the Stones, a few of my favourite Sarah McLaughlin songs, Eric Burdon and the Animals, retro and oldies like Love Shack, Lust for Life (Iggy Pop), The Wanderer , Life is Life, The Twist, Twist and Shout, Shout, couple from Long John Baldry, Outside (Staind w/Fred Durst version), Spirit of the West, INXS, couple of favs from Midnight Oil, Joe Cocker, Tragically Hip, Nickleback etc etc etc. I wish I had some Rush on my MP3 Player, but I only have .... cassettes

It also depends on what part of my work-out I'm at ... some songs make me pedal my little heart out on the bike so I put those types of songs on when I need to ramp it up and then slower songs when its time to "cool down". Imagine how long the live acoustic version of Kashmir is! I can get lost in the music and pedal pedal pedal!!!! Misty Mountain Hop, Dancing Days, Fool in the Rain, Dazed & Confused are other Led Zep tunes that always get me going hard. I usually don't make it as far down the playlist to When the Levee Breaks. hehe

I go with what music will get me up and moving, or belting out the lyrics at the top of my lungs to my favs. Except when I'm out walking, then it's not quite the top of my lungs

You guys all listen to some hard *****, man.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

You heard of Disciple? They got some great songs. "Game On" is my favorite. Personally I kinda like some hip-hop when I'm working out everyonce in awhile. It's got a great beat to follow along with and it's just fun stuff. Lil Jon, Eminem, Kanye West, etc...
    As far as more 'rock', Green Day is tight... I listen to alot of christian rock like Pillar, Skillet, Anberlin, TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline...
    Hope that helps...

Forum Member

I found this list a few months ago and ended up downloading about half the songs.

http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/tunes/

Forum Member

Song-Hollywood Undead

Forum Member

Default tunes

I found this list a few months ago and ended up downloading about half the songs.

http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/tunes/

Thanks for the link. Some great tunes and some new stuff I wnat to check out.
    Check out pandora radio. Put in a song or artist you like and it starts spitting out songs that go with the type of music you requested. It's free and it has exposed me to some bands I'd never heard of:
    http://www.pandora.com/

Thread Information