Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Anyone used the Drager TIC's?

Any info as to how well the Drager TIC's perform, how user friendly they are, how reliable they are etc would be much appreciated
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Draeger TICS

I work full time for my department and we currently run Bullards and have three of the Bullard TICS bought over various years and continue to have battery issues. We have done an evaluation on all cameras and Drager placed 1st. We liked their thermal scan feature and the fact that they are the only ones using Lithium Ion batteries which we believe will solve our battery issue that we see with Bullard. Our neighboring department purchased 6 Drager cameras and has been very happy with the performance....no dead batteries and they have used the thermal scan alot. They used MSA before and went with Drager because of the picture clarity of the Drager over the MSA.

I would look at all cameras out there to make your own decision.
    Last edited by cbogle; 11-03-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: wrong title....not paying attention

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

What type of battery problems are you having? How old are the batteries?
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Batteries

We see batteries lasting from anywhere around 30min to 1 hour. age ranges from somewhere in the 1 - 3 year range depending on what battery. They seem to have a huge memory effect when charging wich we understand is normal with Nickel Metal type batteries.

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbogle View Post
    We see batteries lasting from anywhere around 30min to 1 hour. age ranges from somewhere in the 1 - 3 year range depending on what battery. They seem to have a huge memory effect when charging wich we understand is normal with Nickel Metal type batteries.
    Depending on the model you have, an hour is about right. The smaller TIs should be closer to 90 minutes.

A 3-year old battery is probably ready for replacement. Some tips on the other ones:
    1. Check to make sure the charging lights are actually cycling red and green when a battery is inserted.
    2. Make sure the contacts are not corroded.
    3. Try doing some full cycles on the batteries. Fully charge them, then but them in the TI and run them until the TI shuts off. Do this 2 or 3 times for each and see if that helps.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Quote Originally Posted by stillPSFB View Post
    Any info as to how well the Drager TIC's perform, how user friendly they are, how reliable they are etc would be much appreciated
    Disclaimer: I sell trucks for a company that also handles Draeger.

I've used a Draeger demo on an academy burn date as my employer was nice enough to let me utilize a demo for the instructors to use. While this cursory use isn't enough to give a true opinion, the folks that used it felt it was comparable to the Bullard and ISG cameras that were also there. At the very least, I would think that the Draeger unit is worth an evaluation against the others you may be considering.

We use a combination of ISG and Bullard on my department, and both brands have given us zero issues. We've had to buy Bullard batteries as we cycle through the years, but that is to be expected.
    Last edited by npfd801; 11-19-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typos
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

We bought a 3M FireFlir FF131 a couple of months ago and has worked perfect!
    Easy to use, clear screen, useful color pallet, etc...
    If you want/need more information please let me know.

Thread Information