Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default afg grant question

we applied for the afg grant and have not heard anything back so far. this is our first time ever filling out a grant and we are not familiar with the process. people around here say no news is good news as far as grants go unless its an approval, but will they give you any updates or anything. this has been a long wait so far and i still see some of the ones from 2007 just now coming out. any information regarding this would be helpful thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Default First timer

No news is good news! That means that you are still in the game. So sit back, put your feet up, turn on the tv and be ready for a long ride. As far as updates, 1) you get the Dear John letter aka try again next year or 2) they ask you to answer some questions or send them information about your checking account. Any reply other than the Dear John is great news and you have a great chance of securing the grant. Good luck to your department, it took us four tries before we landed a grant, but its worth the wait!

The time frame can be long! For example: we applied in Mar '06 for a new pumper and didn't get awarded until Sep '07. 1.5 yr wait! If you haven't received a DJ yet, sit back and twidle your thumbs with the rest of us.

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Forum Member

I don't care. kurt says patience is a virtue and he's right of course. Still the waiting even after we got our 1199's was terrible. self inflicted yes, but still terrible. figured the best remedy was to get started on the next one. raising the participation money is a full time occupation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bartonff201 View Post
    we applied for the afg grant and have not heard anything back so far. this is our first time ever filling out a grant and we are not familiar with the process. people around here say no news is good news as far as grants go unless its an approval, but will they give you any updates or anything. this has been a long wait so far and i still see some of the ones from 2007 just now coming out. any information regarding this would be helpful thanks

Guy it owuld take too ling for a post but if you wnat some tips on how to follow your grant's progress a little closer and survive the ominous waiting game and what certain things mean or do not men; give me a call 800-992-2727 Ext 3111 and I will be glad to discuss those things with you.Feel free to call anytime during weekend as the phone rings through to me regardless of the day.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information