Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default CEDAP advice needed ASAP

We were awarded a significant AFG grant in 2006; 1st round. When we applied for CEDAP this year it asked if we had been awarded anything after october 1, 2006. In our award package our performance period was 9/29/06 through 9/28/07 so I thought we were ok. Well, I was in our AFG grant stuff checking our e-mail and for the heck of it I looked at the e-mail congratulating us about our award and it was dated October 6. So I went and looked at the dates of the first round that year and low and behold it was October 6. We put in for CEDAP based on the performance dates, not even thinking to check the actual letter.

Any ideas on what we should do? Our CEDAP application was forwarded on to the next step by our SAA. We weren't trying to be underhanded or malicious and want to get this taken care of.

Thanks much everyone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith31 View Post
    We were awarded a significant AFG grant in 2006; 1st round. When we applied for CEDAP this year it asked if we had been awarded anything after october 1, 2006. In our award package our performance period was 9/29/06 through 9/28/07 so I thought we were ok. Well, I was in our AFG grant stuff checking our e-mail and for the heck of it I looked at the e-mail congratulating us about our award and it was dated October 6. So I went and looked at the dates of the first round that year and low and behold it was October 6. We put in for CEDAP based on the performance dates, not even thinking to check the actual letter.

Any ideas on what we should do? Our CEDAP application was forwarded on to the next step by our SAA. We weren't trying to be underhanded or malicious and want to get this taken care of.

Thanks much everyone.
    I don't see it being an issue. Your POP is the actual time frame of the award which is before October 1st. If you notice on any award the POP starts 1 week prior to when the actual announcement is made.

For ease of mind, send RKB an email and explain the situation and ask if it's an issue. I would believe that they would see 9/29 as the award date and you are not in violation of the October 1st cut off.

MembersZone Subscriber

Another question along the same lines......

Here is my senerio.....I submitted a CEDAP grant this year before I was awarded an AFG grant. Basically my CEDAP grant was in, and in eligible status before I received word of our AFG award. The application asks if you have received an AFG grant October 1, 2006 or later....which at this point is a yes but at the time of submission was a no. What do I do now? I did the work and applied following the rules at the time.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The rules are for at the time of submission. They don't take awards after the app submission date into consideration because no one knows about those until they happen. Even just 1199As don't count against you for CEDAP because those aren't truly awards in the fine print.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thank you

WHEW!! I appreciate the insight into my dilemma. Thanks so much for the responses. Kelly

Allof oyu are OK, bc79er is exactly right .
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information