Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Interview

Forum Member

Default Great Interview

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Ermmm......and she's possibly your next VP? Lord help us all!!
    Communications Diva of the IACOJ, and proud member of the WOT!

Bagpipes: They put the fun back in funerals!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Well CommDiva she may not be the most articulate speaker or have the most foreign affairs experience, but with that nutjob Stephen Dion, I truly doubt we have much room to talk on either issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CommDiva View Post
    Ermmm......and she's possibly your next VP? Lord help us all!!

MembersZone Subscriber

You honest to God don't want to start posting quotes by the VP candidates here side-by-side, do you?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=156_1221005987
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    You honest to God don't want to start posting quotes by the VP candidates here side-by-side, do you?

Well we could ummm place uhhh Presidential uhhh candidates ummm statements ummm here as uhhh well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post

And that's just a start.

MembersZone Subscriber

You all need some levity and comic relief in elections. try following this. The one guy we have running in Canada has fantastic credentials. Foreign affairs credentials, once watched Boston play Montreal, Boston lost so obviously a foreign affairs plus. Economic credentials, has been a professional politician most of life, son of professional politician. Family has fed at the public trough for at least 2 generations. Defense credentials, wears glasses, so nobody will hit him, environmental credentials, willtax the hell out of oil and gas companies in western Canada, give the money to all the poor in Quebec, thus it is revenue neutral. This also will certainly add to National Unity. Linguistic abilities, cannot speak either official language clearly. You guys think you have problems with politicians down there, just tune in here for a real laugh. His name is Stephane Dion

No one should be concerned with any of this. NOBODY says stupider **** than George W. and look at the country now....everything is just great!

Major companies that have been in business through times of economic challenge including the great depression have found that nearly 8 years with George W. was just too much a burden to bear.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    You all need some levity and comic relief in elections. try following this. The one guy we have running in Canada has fantastic credentials. Foreign affairs credentials, once watched Boston play Montreal, Boston lost so obviously a foreign affairs plus. Economic credentials, has been a professional politician most of life, son of professional politician. Family has fed at the public trough for at least 2 generations. Defense credentials, wears glasses, so nobody will hit him, environmental credentials, willtax the hell out of oil and gas companies in western Canada, give the money to all the poor in Quebec, thus it is revenue neutral. This also will certainly add to National Unity. Linguistic abilities, cannot speak either official language clearly. You guys think you have problems with politicians down there, just tune in here for a real laugh. His name is Stephane Dion
    I agree. I think some of the things that Biden says are hysterical.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Thread Information