MembersZone Subscriber

Default A sad pathetic little "thing"

I will not call this individual a human being. He is lower than that. The links provides the full transcript of this individuals nauseating posts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ile-up-gi.html

September 26, 2008
    Lowlife uses 9/11 to rile up Giants fans
    Iíve been debating this post for several hours, trying to decide whether it qualified as news and whether it was worth giving a disgusting excuse for a human being the publicity and attention he obviously craves.

I still donít know whether posting it is the right thing to do. But itís all over the blogosphere now anyway. You can decide for yourselves how much attention this deserves.

A few hours ago, one lunatic Seattle Seahawks fan took football trash talk a few zillion steps too far by posting a picture of the collapsed World Trade Center smoldering on Sept. 11, 2001 on a fan site called Seahawkshuddle.com, and following it with not one, but 17 horrifying jokes. Iím not going to post the jokes here, because theyíre really offensive. If you want to see for yourselves, you can check it out in a cached version someone found on the Web right here.

And if that doesnít work, the full, awful text can be found over at Deadspin.

Itís amazing, really. All because their beloved Seahawks are playing the New York Giants on Oct. 5.

Some people are simply disturbed and arenít worth even acknowledging, so Iím not going to give the creep the honor of having his name on my blog. But the folks over at BigBlueInteractive.com did some pretty good detective work and found out who he is. They even have his e-mail address, which you can find right here.

I hope the author is sufficiently ashamed, embarrassed and apologetic. But it would take a decent, reasonable person to be any of those things, and a decent, reasonable person wouldnít have even thought about making a Web page like that in the first place.

http://deadspin.com/5055403/seahawks...fails-as-human

"On many occasions, team message board trash talk veers toward some very unpleasant depths, but some of the stuff being circulated on the popular Seahawks fan message board "Seahawks Huddle" right now has sparked an amazing amount of negative responses thanks to its unprecedented levels of classlessness.

In an effort to fire Hawks' fans up for October 5th Giants/Seahawks game, one Huddle poster named "Mason" decided the best way to do that was with some good ol' 9/11 trash talk. Ugh.

Giants fans and non-Giants fans unamused by the weak attempt at Seahawks solidarity are rightfully appalled. The original poster, obviously aware that this wasn't the intelligent or human way to stoke this non-rivalry, is scrambling to pull the thread. Unfortunately for Mason, too many people offended by the post already emailed in with the visual evidence and the text. (I'm told he's now writing under a dupe account named "Anguish".)

After the jump, some of the messages taken from the board. Be warned ó it's as awful as advertised.

(Editors' note: All text below is From the Seahawks Huddle. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.)

"With over another week to get to know each other we here at The Huddle thought we'd roll out out the ol' welcoming wagon. In so doing, we thought we'd share with you some jokes to help brighten your day. Enjoy. "
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Forum Member

Angry

What a sack of $hit!
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

I'm at a total loss for words...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

While I live in WA State, I stay pretty clear of Seattle. Now I am just embarassed as well. That is just LOW! Reminds me of the lady on the side of the road yelling at the WA State Patrol during the procession to my Chief's memorial service. Same mentality.

Craig
    The opinions are mine alone, and do not represent the department I am with, or any firefighters I work with.

Forum Member

The only story I find even remotely funny about that day,and it wasn't posted in that link,was the one about a WTC office worker who had his phone off all day and his wife was trying to reach him without success,getting more and more frantic with each failure.
    When she reached him in the afternoon and asked where he'd been all day,he replied"I've been in a meeting all morning,babe.What's wrong?"
    They went to divorce court rather quickly after she found out he'd been to his girlfriend's that morning instead of work.

People that make up jokes like the ones posted(AND possibly the one I mentioned) are just like the ones that picket servicemembers' funerals to protest homosexuality and the war.
    You may be a rabid fan and hate the Titans/Giants/Raiders/whoever because they are not your team.Fine.But there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed and those jokes did it big time.
    I was reminded of how a couple weeks after the Challenger exploded a shipmate came to me wanting to know if I knew what NASA stood for now.I got put on report for decking him and still consider the two weeks restriction and extra duty under his Chief was worth every second.
    People died in those buildings and their relatives wouldn't appreciate hearing their deaths reduced to a punch line.I know I don't.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just checked and I can't seem to find any Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Champs T-shirts!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

......at an absolute loss for words..........
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Not defending these guys, but I am from out west (Idaho)

The events of 9/11 are really emotionally removed from most people in the West.

We watched, we saw, we felt bad for the people involved. But most didn't know anyone personally affected. It is hard to feel the full horror of the event because we only witnessed it as pixels on the screen.

I have friends in the New York and New Jersey area. I personally saw how the events of that day changed their lives. But as much empathy as I have for them, I still recognize that I am feeling for their pain, not my own personal pain.

It is all too easy to make fun of someone else's pain. If someone feels pain about something, someone else will make jokes about it. It isn't right and it doesn't excuse boorish behavior, but it does happen.

Forum Member

He is not even worth mentioning. Karma will give him a nice solid BI*CH slap courtesy of those he wronged!

Forum Member

Still doesn't make it right.
    I saw it as pixels myself after finding out that John Boy and Billy's Big Show WASN'T making a really bad joke.To me the visuals were like getting kicked in the stomach with no way of getting back at who done it.
    I felt awful for those that lost their lives,for the people that they left behind and still feel that way.I can't watch any documentary on it without wishing that the people that fought back had been more successful.
    With very few exceptions,and I am leaving it to y'all to tell me what you think of the office worker turning off his phone,that day wasn't funy and none of the jokes listed were either.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7fds View Post
    Not defending these guys, but I am from out west (Idaho)
    The events of 9/11 are really emotionally removed from most people in the West.
    We watched, we saw, we felt bad for the people involved. But most didn't know anyone personally affected. It is hard to feel the full horror of the event because we only witnessed it as pixels on the screen.
    I have friends in the New York and New Jersey area. I personally saw how the events of that day changed their lives. But as much empathy as I have for them, I still recognize that I am feeling for their pain, not my own personal pain.
    It is all too easy to make fun of someone else's pain. If someone feels pain about something, someone else will make jokes about it. It isn't right and it doesn't excuse boorish behavior, but it does happen.

Thread Information