Forum Member

Default What a nice girl!

I don't even know her, but she sent me this email and is willing to split the dough!

Dear Friend,

I'm sorry to have disturbed you with my proposal , My name is Sarah Smith, I'm a Briton who lives in London - England, I'm currently in the School and at the same time work part time as a dress maker. I'm an Orphan, I lost my father in a Auto accident while my mother passed away on hearing about what happened to my father.

Before the death of my father, he Willed part of his Real Estate Business, Petrol Stations and a total sum of Ģ50,700,000.00(Fifty Million, Seven Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) to me. Now at his death, things became very hard for me, paying my school fees, Feeding and taking care of my other needs which the job I do part time can't help, So I went to the Financial institution where my late father deposited the funds to with draw money to take care of myself and pay my bills.

I was shocked when the Manager of the Financial Institution told me that I'm not yet eligible to with draw from the deposited money, because my father had put a clause on the Will saying that i should be given access to the money when I'm either 30 yrs old or Married before the age of 30 , in which case, my husband will be qualified to collect the money on my behalf.

Today I am 25 years old. And I have no access to the money till I'm 30. So, I'm contacting you to stand in as my husband to claim this fund on my behalf. If you are married, You can either stand in as my late father's next of Kin or go into a prenuptial agreement with me, We'll get married so that you can help me out, Then we'll divorce as soon as we're a through with the transaction together . If you're a woman you can stand in as my late fathers next of kin.

So, Kindly get back to me as to know how you will be compensated as I will part with 20% of the total sum, while 10% will be mapped out for any expenses incurred in the process of this transaction, Please bear it in mind, that I would never indulge in anything indecent, I am writing you this email purely on the ground of trust so we can achieve this deal together. This transaction will last for two weeks depending on how serious you are.kindly Reply me so I can give you all details you need to confirm : sarahgsmith20002@googlemail.com

Yours Truly,

Sarah Grace Smith
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

A new twist ... LOL
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Hey Mom, somehow I think your avatar probably reflects the look on your face when you first read that message.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

WHAT?!?!?! She promised she'd marry me next week!! Why that little tart!!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    WHAT?!?!?! She promised she'd marry me next week!! Why that little tart!!

LOL....well she was looking for a HUSBAND, but maybe switched sides?

Forum Member

Does she have a sister?Not for me.No,no.It's uh,for a friend who's looking.

Forum Member

Sorry to break it to you, but this is most likely a scam. Internet monet scams are all over these days. A friend of mine almost got trapped in one through an email that claimed a boy was being sent to america from england for a year and requested my friends' guitar lesson service, but needed an American to sign for his checks or something like that. Be careful believing any emails from strangers regarding money.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsGirl View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but this is most likely a scam. Internet monet scams are all over these days. A friend of mine almost got trapped in one through an email that claimed a boy was being sent to america from england for a year and requested my friends' guitar lesson service, but needed an American to sign for his checks or something like that. Be careful believing any emails from strangers regarding money.
    Sorry to break it to YOU, but everyone here knew it was a scam and our tongues were planted firmly in our cheeks when we made our comments.

To survive on FH, you will need to learn to read sarcasm, which is not always easy on an internet forum, but common sense goes a long way too.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

For anyone interested there is a site called 419eater.com where members "bait" these scammers wasting their time and causing hardship for them anyway possible.

There is even one group of members that had a pair of scammers travel over 1,000 miles to a city where there was alot of rebel activity and had them convinced to stay for over 100 days!

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh No! Does this mean that the President of The United Bank of Nigeria isn't really going to send me the $800 million that was mistakenly deposited in a closed account. I'd already pledged it as collateral on a new Gulfstream.

Forum Member

Sounds legit to me, don't worry about it. If your interested PM your banking details and I can rush the payment along for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well its the National Bank of Iceland. The loans officer told me that collateral is highly over rated anyway. I wonder though why he had a suitcase by his desk and all his office accoutements packed up. Probably moving to a bigger office? You think?

Quote Originally Posted by edge1317 View Post
    Sounds legit to me, don't worry about it. If your interested PM your banking details and I can rush the payment along for you.

Forum Member

I think my favorite scam are the ones claiming to be a soldier serving in Iraq who found a hoard of what he called "Saddam's gold" .
    They want to give me a cut in exchange for helping them get the gold liquidated for cash and getting that money into the US.
    They never tell me what my cut would be and since I am a mercenary(I do anything for money)I don't think my cut would be big enough.I could be wrong,though.
    My brother in law knows a guy at the local NIS office so those requests get kicked over to him for forwarding to Army CID and the Air Force's internal security troops.
    IF they really are US troops doing this,they need to have a bag of dimes dropped on them.If it's "Skeeter with a can of paint thinner"(meth being a sideline to him),then he needs to get the aformentioned bag dropped and put so far back in the jail that they need to slingshot daylight to him.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by edge1317 View Post
    For anyone interested there is a site called 419eater.com where members "bait" these scammers wasting their time and causing hardship for them anyway possible.
    This is just cracking me up! I thought the ICE CHEWING FORUM was funny...

http://icechewing.iswhaticrave.com/

Forum Member

I just got this one .... to f'n funny!

Dear Beloved,

I am presently writing this mail from the Hospital,I don\'t know whatmay happen next to me that is why I have to immediately contact you,As you read this,I don\'t want you to feel sorry for me,because,IBelieve everyone ill die someday. My name is William Simon , I was a gold merchant in Romania, have beendiagnosed with Esophageal cancer and It has defiled all forms ofmedicaltreatment,and right now I have only about a few months tolive,according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well,as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business.Though I am very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile topeople and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I caredfor,But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to lifethan just wanting to have or make all the money in the world,I believewhen Godgives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life adifferent way from how I have lived it,Now that God has called me,Ihave willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediateand extended family members as well as a few close friends, I want Godto be merciful to me and accept my soul so. I have decided to give also to charity organizations,as I want this tobe one of the last good deeds I do on earth So far, I have distributedmoney to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia,Now that my health has deteriorated so badly,I cannot do this myselfanymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my Accounts anddistribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgariaand Pakistan,they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence,I do not trust them anymore,as they seem not to be contended withwhat I have left for them, The last of my money which no one knows ofis the huge cash deposit of Ten million dollars $58,000,000,00 that Ihave with a finance/Security Company abroad,I will want you to helpme collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.Kindly send me your full name, address and direct telephone number. I have set aside 20% for you and 10% for any expenses you may incurduring the course of transaction.

God be with you.

William Simon

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

WAIT WAIT!!! I'll trade you your 58 million for the bridge rights between Victoria and Saltspring Island. Real cheap. Honest.

Although maybe some day someone will figure out that it would be cheaper/easier to build a bridge between Crofton and Ganges

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post

Dear Beloved,
    Awww....He likes you!

I got another one. I must be on the "she is an idiot list".
    This one just needs A LITTLE BIT of my personal information.

FROM THE DESK OF MR JAMES OKUKU,
    DIRECTOR FOREIGN OPERATIONS UNIT
    CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
    TELEPHONE: +234-8037087618

CONFIDENTIAL DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY PAYMENT

ATTN: Sir/Madam ,

I am MR JAMES OKUKU, The Director Foreign eration Unit Central Bank Of
    Nigeria. I decided to contact you because of the revailing security report
    reaching my office and the intense nature of polity in Nigeria.

This is to inform you about our plan to send your fund to you via cash
    delivery,this system will be easier for you and for us. We are going to
    send your contract part payment of US$15.1. Million to you via diplomatic
    courier service.

I have secured every needed document to cover the money. Note: The money
    is coming on 2 se curity proof boxes,The boxes are sealed with synthetic
    nylon seal and padded with machine. I will use myposition as the Deputy
    Governor Central Bank Of Nigeria to release this fund to you.

The boxes are coming with a Diplomatic agent who will accompany the boxes
    to your house address.

All you need to do now I to send to me:

1.your full house address
    2. Your identity such as, international passport or driver license
    3. Your contact phone numbers

The Diplomatic attached will travel with this required information's for
    the delivery of your fund. He will call you immediately he arrives your
    country's airport. I hope you understand me.

I will let you know when these consignments will be lifted, and Note: The
    diplomatic does not know the original contents of the boxes. What declared
    to them as the contents is Sensitive Photographic Film Material.

I did not declare money to them please. If they call you and ask you the
    contents please tell them the same thing ok. arrangement.

I will secure the Diplomatic immunity clearance certificate that will be
    tagged on the boxes to make it stand as a diplomatic consignment, which i
    will dispatch along with the security inner Keys of the consignments to
    enable you access these consignments has soon as it delivered to you.

This clearance will make it pass every custom checkpoint all over t he
    world without hitch. Confirm the receipt of this message and send the
    requirements to me immediately you receive this message.

Please I need your urgent reply because the boxes are schedule to airlift
    as soon as we hear from you. Call me immediately you receive this message.

Best Regards,

MR JAMES OKUKU,

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHAPPYMOM View Post
    Awww....He likes you!

I got another one. I must be on the "she is an idiot list".
    This one just needs A LITTLE BIT of my personal information.

FROM THE DESK OF MR JAMES OKUKU,

CONFIDENTIAL DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY PAYMENT
    That name says it all but should be spelled O coo-coo

Forum Member

You guys would NOT BELIEVE the number of people who fall for these scams and lose tens of thousands of dollars. It is astounding.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

How great would it be if we had a special button to reply with a virus to all the scammers... The virus would send their personal information straight to the FBI...
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber

As long as there are stupid people, there will be these types of scams.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    How great would it be if we had a special button to reply with a virus to all the scammers... The virus would send their personal information straight to the FBI...
    Though I spam them all,the scammers who purport to be military get copied and sent to my retired USN brother in law who knows a guy who knows a guy in the Naval Investigation Service.
    They and Army CID take a verrrrrry dim view of those claiming to be US military trying to get contraband out of Iraq or where ever they claim to be serving and into the US.
    Who knows?They might be really trying to get something into this country but I doubt it would be a "portion of Saddam's gold...." for me to take a share in.Think about it in these times of using terrorism instead of facing a hated country's military on a real battlefield.

Back In Black

Default Wow

This lady, who claims to be educated, fell for it. Her loss was 400K!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453125,00.html
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Some Guy

YES! I WIN!!!! I knew I would get those jerks back. Looks like my ship has come in. I just sent all of my info.

Date: November 18, 2008 5:30:11 AM EST
    To: undisclosed-recipients:;
    Subject: Attn: Scammed Victim

European Union-Africa Union
    London Regional Office
    #21 Hillersdon Avenue
    Edgware, Middlesex
    HA8 7SG.

Attn: Scammed Victim,

This notice is to keep you informed that the European Union in collaboration with the African Union' during the World Economic Forum held in Brussels has decided in using this medium to apologize to all the entire people listed for this exercise following series of reports received from Lottery Award Winners/Contracts and Inheritance scammed victims, and of which your email address was discovered on the list. After due verification decision has been made by both authorized bodies to compensate you with the sum of $300,000.00 only. The payment Code attached to your file is EU/AU/008/111.

We therefore urge you to help us in facilitating your payment by given adequate attention to this matter and put a stop to all form of divided attention, although we are mindful of the incessant email/fax messages going out from all parts of Africa and itīs environs and on this note we advise you to be focus on this directive and handle this matter with rapidity.

The below listed information's is required of your hence payment shall be made to you either via ATM CARD or INTERNATIONAL CERTIFY BANK DRAFT. You have to choose the best option to receive fund and also direct your email to (admin@eu-au-londonregionaloffice.org) your email should be address to Mr. Thompson Williams (Head; Information Department) We have 14 days to conclude with this exercise.

Best Regards,
    Mrs. Deborah Cocklin
    Information Dept.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWickman View Post
    Best Regards,
    Mrs. Deborah Cocklin
    That just made me snarf my coffee.

Thread Information