Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default New Darley Front Mount Pumps?????

Our department is looking at building a new full size International truck with a Darley front mount pump on it. I have several concerns about this mainly because I haven't seen a new front mount pump built of any kind in many years and the only one I did see had several issues including pump related problems. So here are my questions:

1) Does anyone out there have pictures or feed back on any front mount pumps built on larger comercial chassies in the last 2 years or so?

2) Has anyone had experience with the Darley front mount pumps with the electrical clutch (the one I know of had issues with the clutch engaging to quickly and damaging the clutch and the pump)?

3) Do you have any over heating problems with the newer trucks?

I know these pumps are used more in other parts of the country but most builders we came across hesitated to even try to build one because they are rather rare. So I'm looking for all the input I can get.

We have 2 Darley midship pumps in house already and have been very happy with them so I know darley makes a good pump. But how tested are the newer front mounts on newer trucks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 87squishy View Post
    Our department is looking at building a new full size International truck with a Darley front mount pump on it. I have several concerns about this mainly because I haven't seen a new front mount pump built of any kind in many years and the only one I did see had several issues including pump related problems. So here are my questions:

1) Does anyone out there have pictures or feed back on any front mount pumps built on larger comercial chassies in the last 2 years or so?

2) Has anyone had experience with the Darley front mount pumps with the electrical clutch (the one I know of had issues with the clutch engaging to quickly and damaging the clutch and the pump)?

3) Do you have any over heating problems with the newer trucks?

I know these pumps are used more in other parts of the country but most builders we came across hesitated to even try to build one because they are rather rare. So I'm looking for all the input I can get.
    I just sold a front mount on an IH to a local department with a Hale pump. It isn't delivered yet, but my opinion is if the the new EPA motors can pass a UL test at full tilt while stationary, you shouldn't have any problems running down the road with a pump in front of the rig.

Shoot me a PM with your e-mail, I know the builder I sell for has done some front mounts in the past two years, I'll be happy to send some photos.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Go to Firematic.com and look under the truck heading at the BRAT series. They have one shown on their website that they did for a company on Long Island.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

http://www.ustanker.com/apps/apparat...pparatusid=236

Sorry, I don't have much info on this one. Nice pics though.

Thumbs up Front Mount Pumps:

Here are some pics from an eariler thread.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=39247
    "we will bankrupt ourselves in the vain attempt at absolute security"
    Pres. / General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thread Information