Default Looking for a Job!! Please Help!!!!

Ok guys I'm kinda between a rock in a hard spot.....This is what i have:

NPSQ-FireFighter I & II,Hazardous Materials Operations
    PA EMT-Basic

And some others......

I just need to find a job and or places to look for them

Any help would bhe appreciated.

Thanks,
    Colton
    Colton Barrett
    Pennsylvania FF-II/EMT-B/BVR-T

Forum Member

Default Jobs

A lot of people on here won't be quick to reply to something like this. Those that do will tell you to look for them yourself, or use one of the various job sites (some of which require subscription). It's not that they're mean, I think it's mostly that A) no one handed anything to them and B) Every body you tell to show up at a test is one more person you have to beat to get your badge.

My advice look for sites, read local papers, keep your eyes peeled, pick departments or jobs you like/want and follow up with them every couple of months until the process opens up... that's what many of us do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbarrett View Post

PA EMT-Basic

And some others......

Thanks,
    Colton
    Go to simplyhired.com, indeedjobs.com. 911hotjobs and usajobs. All of these web sites will have free job listings. Use key words like Firefighter and ARFF. You will find city, airport, industrial, federal, security type positions. My advice, apply for everything, even the ones you do not like. Also, volunteer in your community. This will give you firefighting experience.

Paid sites are firerecruit.com and firecareers.com. I think it is $7 per month.

The Kennedy Space Center is under the Wackenhut contract and they need to fill some firefighter positions. I know it is in Florida, but not sure exactly where. Send me an email ylengine210@yahoo.com and I can send you the hiring managers contact info. Also, Pinkerton has ARFF openings in Conneticut.

Hope this helps,

Kev

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbarrett View Post

PA EMT-Basic

And some others......

Thanks,
    Colton
    If you're in between a rock and a hard spot and need a job right away, don't expect to get hired with a fire dept. any time soon. I don't mean to sound harsh but even if you do get hired, you won't start the academy until a year from now. You have a long way to go. My advice, work on an ambulance and get your EMT experience. Or work at an ER as an ER tech. I know they don't pay much but it is good experience and will only help you in the long run.
    Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

What part of Pa. are you from? I moved from Luzerne County in 1993, It turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. Send me a PM and I will give you info on our department. We are hiring 25 in Jan. 8 engines, 3 trucks, around 160 firefighters.
    LET ME KNOW

stay safe
    JJ
    Shut the nozzle stupid, thats' smoke not fire!

Permanently Removed

cbarrett- Popping in here and asking to be spoon feed a career position is pretty much a fairlyland episode.

First figure out where you want to live and work. Then focus on the reqs. and agencies there.

Second, take a more mature approach to the profession.

Third, spend some coin and join a job search service like www.firerecruit.com

MembersZone Subscriber

cbarrett,

I do agree with the last post about focusing on what area you want to go to and focus on that. However, spending money on some of the sites is not needed. If you go to the city's that you are loking into, most of them have a link to their fire department section. Most of them have a link to their recruitment. There you can find out just most of the information you are looking for. I work in Goose Creek SC and we are getting ready to hire several EMT's by the end to the first of the year. If you would like more information let me know and we can talk. Good luck in your search.

Aaron

Thread Information