MembersZone Subscriber

Default Firecom wireless headsets

Local firecom rep told me that they have been going around and taking demo wireless headset and testing them. He said they hooked up the new setup and put a FF at the end of a 100' stick and moved it all over and have no problems, all communications wer crystal clear and work awesome, (keep in mind this is a salesmen talking). SO they are coming down to a county fire chiefs meeting later this month to show off. Recently had a large pile of hog fuel on fire that we were using the deck gun and it was a pain in the #$% to communicate. THis seems to be a good idea for pump panel ops, aerial, and command. Anyone else seen or played with yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by firebill911 View Post
    Local firecom rep told me that they have been going around and taking demo wireless headset and testing them. He said they hooked up the new setup and put a FF at the end of a 100' stick and moved it all over and have no problems, all communications wer crystal clear and work awesome, (keep in mind this is a salesmen talking). SO they are coming down to a county fire chiefs meeting later this month to show off. Recently had a large pile of hog fuel on fire that we were using the deck gun and it was a pain in the #$% to communicate. THis seems to be a good idea for pump panel ops, aerial, and command. Anyone else seen or played with yet?
    All our units and personnel are equipped with wireless communication devices: they're portable radios. The only coms I'd rather not have on the radio is the turntable to bucket and over the years (stick to turntable) this has also been the most unreliable system we've had.

Forum Member

We just started delivering them last week, so most companies that placed orders are only just getting them.

In regards to distances achieved, I personally tested it and got 1100 feet in open range, and we guarantee 100' in a traditional urban setting. You may be able to achieve even greater distances in your respective environment.

The most common question we have been asked is if its bluetooth. The answer is no, it is our own propietary system.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Thank you.

-Firecom Support

MembersZone Subscriber

Firecom Support:

Sorry, I probably should look on your website, but are these both radio interface and intercom?

Forum Member

Yes, Firecom has wireless headsets that are capable of both radio and intercom communication, as well as wireless headsets that are intercom only.

If you would like further information, please feel free to check our website and/or send me a message on here or at sales@firecom.com and I can send you a couple Adobe Acrobat documents that contain more information.
    Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

Firecom Support

Forum Member

Default wireless

We are putting firecom system on our new truck. We played with and considered the wireless system, but we see more problems with it on the Fire fightere end of it. Not recharging it, gettingoff the rig wiit it on and just tossing it in the yard and so on. Nice system....absolutly, I just think it's the firefighter variable that makes it less practicle.
    It takes a little intelligence to enjoy humor,satire & wit, but none to be offended by it.

It take more than a new Leather Helmet to make you a good officer

MembersZone Subscriber

I see a benefit to this system for apparatus drivers. We have a full Firecom system in our engine, including outlets on the pump panel and rear of the engine. However, equipping the driver with a wireless headset will provide freedom while driving as well as the ability to keep it on while exiting the engine and working the pump. I don't see a benefit to adding a wireless headset for the officer or any FFs.

Thread Information