Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    hey man, you took your poly before you passed the CPAT? Thats strange. like i said in the above post, i took the written the 31st of october, and passed the CPAT november 8th, and havent heard anything yet...hmm...
    Yeah I had been on my 2nd attempt at the CPAT and they called me and said I needed to come in and get the Poly and Fingerprints done because they were setting up interviews for around the first week of December from what they told me.

I also passed the CPAT and written/behavioral, etc and was told my background check was fine, but haven't gotten called for the polygraph or interview. Do you think it is because I am an EMT and not a Medic? Are they hiring any EMTs?

Forum Member

i live in sem. county too and my last name starts with N. your best bet is to just call up there. I go for my poly in 2 days so i guess ill go from there

Forum Member

I've been through almost everything with OCFRD. I applied back in June. The whole process has been kinda weird for me.... I got my interview 4 days after my CPAT. Then didn't get a call for a month and a half to do the fingerprints and poly. So now it's just waiting to hear back. I'm FF/EMT. Hopefully I'll get a call back soon. I heard they were doing 3 classes JAN , Feb , March. Don't know how many a class. I know there were about 50 FF/Emt's at my CPAT Test. Don't know what the pass/fail percentage was. I know 3 people in my group of 10-12 failed before I went.

Forum Member

i did my poly today they wont tell you on the spot if you pass or fail. The guy who did mine was very laid back and when it was dont said off the record i should be fine. As far as the classes i called to ask they told me one in jan and one in apr. and then that was it and she said about 40 per class

Does it help to call and try to schedule? Or, do you really have to just wait for them to contact you? I have passed everything so far, but heard nothing about a poly or interview, which would be the next step.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kevnaz1 View Post
    i did my poly today they wont tell you on the spot if you pass or fail. The guy who did mine was very laid back and when it was dont said off the record i should be fine. As far as the classes i called to ask they told me one in jan and one in apr. and then that was it and she said about 40 per class
    cool man...i just got called to take my poly and fingerprints dec 8th/9th. hopefully we will still make it for the class starting in january....

Forum Member

yeah im hoping, its a very long process but the end will be worth it. Good luck on the poly just be honest its really not to bad.

Forum Member

Vesmedic and kevnaz, have they said anything about when you'd get an interview? They'd have to move pretty quick to get you and interview, psych and medical in order to be ready for jan. Plus the probably have a couple weeks vacation coming up soon. Unless its the end of jan. Anyone know how many canidates are fighting for those 40 spots.

Forum Member

Firemedic, how'd you do on the CPAT today?

Forum Member

i just called today i got the poly results i passed and she said now its just waiting for the cheif. Also she said it prob. wont be till after the holidays and the class dates keep changing from jan to feb and so on

Forum Member

B1255Rose, as far as calling and trying to schedule.... that won't work. They'll call you when they're ready. It would be fingerprints, poly and then interview.

MembersZone Subscriber

As far as interviews, I haven't heard anything.....I took my poly and fingerprints this monday and tuesday, but haven't heard anything back...as far as how many they are hiring and when, I've heard numerous things from human resources...supposively a class starts january8th, of 20-30, and supposively they are having 3-4 classes between now and april...but who knows? it seems to be all hearsay right now.....From what I hear though, everything we have left (interview, medical/psyche) only takes about a week, so they COULD push us through if they wanted to. and from what i understand orange county has a 30,000 sq ft facility full of bunker gear of all sizes (new of course) so we wouldn't have to wait on bunker gear or anything....

Forum Member

yeah all we have is 3 more steps i wish they would hurry. And if they havent called you for the poly or fingerprints they prob just havent got your driving and criminal yet.Also like i said she told me its prob not going to be till after the holidays before they set up interviews

Forum Member

i just called today to update my app and she told me the jan class is already filled the next one will be in the end of feb march or april there not sure yet

MembersZone Subscriber

i just called today to update my app and she told me the jan class is already filled the next one will be in the end of feb march or april there not sure yet
    hmmm really? they told me something different today to be honest, they said they don't know who will be in what class and when it will start....thats strange...

Forum Member

thats what i said, and i asked if i pass everything will it be on time for the jan class and she said oh no that class is on the 12 and its full then she went on to tell me if i pass everything it will be the next class after. Then again these people never get it right seems like everytime i call its some thing diff.

Forum Member

thats what i said, and i asked if i pass everything will it be on time for the jan class and she said oh no that class is on the 12 and its full then she went on to tell me if i pass everything it will be the next class after. Then again these people never get it right seems like everytime i call its some thing diff.
    I called yesterday and got a different story as well. She told me that they had 2 classes going in jan . One on the 8th and 22nd. And the were both filled. The next one would be end of feb or march. But when I called the time before she told me I had passed everything and was set the take the psych and medical but didn't know when she would be scheduling them. So I'm confused.....

Forum Member

i guess they just dont know yet i just hope its soon

MembersZone Subscriber

I heard they are talking hiring freeze! Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Akcrowe View Post
    I heard they are talking hiring freeze! Good luck!
    and who/where did yid you hear this from?

MembersZone Subscriber

I heard this from a Lieutenant that has worked there for over 20 years and is involved with the employment process. From what I hear they are picking up the ones who are completely done with the process and then implementing a hiring freeze.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Akcrowe View Post
    I heard this from a Lieutenant that has worked there for over 20 years and is involved with the employment process. From what I hear they are picking up the ones who are completely done with the process and then implementing a hiring freeze.
    well, im done with the process minus the chiefs interview, does that count? haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    well, im done with the process minus the chiefs interview, does that count? haha
    That's what I'm saying..... I've only got the psych and medical left. What about that? So close.....

MembersZone Subscriber

I wouldn't sweat it if you are already in the process, I know they are desprite for medics. It may just be talk, but the way the economy is who knows! Hope it is just a rumor. Good luck!

Thread Information