Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

I received my eligibility list letter a few weeks back. Basically saying I'll be on the list until the end of the year. I called and she told me the next thing would be my psych test. They're just waiting to hear when the can hire again. She said it could be soon or could be 6 months from now. Did anyone else get their letter ?

Forum Member

Yea I got the same letter. Hopefully they'll be hiring before the end of the year, or else we'll be doing the whole process over again.

Forum Member

yeah i also got the letter now its just a waiting game

Forum Member

yup...same here...got the letter and have eligibility till Dec. 2009...good luck to all of us...i have good hopes that they'll be opening up soon.

Forum Member

Anybody heard any news as of the hiring situation? I checked out the county site today and noticed they had an opening for Battalion Chief and Lieutenant. I spoke to one of the ladies that works at the headquarters office a few weeks ago and she made it sound like they won't consider hiring any FF until at least October. Just curious if anybody had any different information.
    Last edited by GoCanes4; 05-14-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything as far as if or when they would be hiring..... but I did hear a rumor that they might be waiting to see what happens with orlando fd. And if they end up laying them off then they would bring on some of those guys. Don't know what truth there is to that but that's all I heard. Still keeping my fingers crossed.... hopefully get a call before the end of the year. Is there a way to find out where you rank on the list?
    Last edited by SNAKEdr80; 05-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Forum Member

Hopefully Orlando FF's will be able to keep their jobs, I'd hate to see that many jobs cut. I'm not sure if the waiting list is ranked or not, I'd be interested to find out though. I don't see how they could go very long without hiring, between promtions, retirees and people getting fired.

Forum Member

everything we hear is obviously based on rumors...so im going to throw one out that i heard from within the source....has anybody heard of orange picking up the guys that ended at the chief interview?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by charlie4072000 View Post
    everything we hear is obviously based on rumors...so im going to throw one out that i heard from within the source....has anybody heard of orange picking up the guys that ended at the chief interview?

can't tell ya how true that is, but heres something I was told also. My buddy works for OCFRD, and told me his battalion chief was going to training for the next 5 months. He was going to the training division for the next 5 months, specifically for the planned new hires, and to get the new hires trained. His battalion told him All the battalions had a meeting with Chief Plaugher, and Chief said that there are 72 vacansies in the department, of which up to 60 will be filled. Orientation I was told also may be cut from 4 weeks, down 2 weeks. I was told the department wants OT GONE, and wants to fill these vacancies. Supposively, the hiring process is/was supposed to open back up at the end of July. Now, I'm not sure if this is 60 firefighter/EMTS or medics. From what he told me, he said medics.

This is purely speculation, and I'm not trying to get everyone all excited over nothing, but I figured I would share what I heard, from what I consider, a reliable source. I WOULD NOT call up HR or recruitment etc and ask questions about anything I posted, because I doubt they would tell you anything, or would know anything at all. But like everything, until you see it on Orange County's website, take everything with a grain of salt. Good luck guys

Forum Member

thx for the response back...yeah...im just praying really hard that they will pick up a lot of guys...speculations just make your mind go crazy....everybody is anxious to get with a department....good luck to all of us.

Forum Member

I hear ya...sure would be nice to get that call before the end of this year ! I just heard they're looking to hire 50, but don't know when. They're also looking to build a new station. Hopefully its all true! Good luck fellas......

Forum Member

... heard 40 from the grapevine ... shame the grapevine number is shrinking ....

Forum Member

Found this article online, the way they're talking I don't see how they could hire anybody..

http://www.wftv.com/news/20130418/detail.html

Forum Member

spoke with someone in human resource and stated that they are waiting for a grant hearing to hopefully start hiring in october.

Forum Member

I'm sure everybody got the same E-Mail I did. It's nice to hear something from them, hopefully they will hire in the next few months as possibly mentioned.

Forum Member

Thank God. I received an email as well, hopefully they'll start picking up a lot of us. Where has everybody left off at in the eligibility pool? Again as i said before, good luck to us all.

Forum Member

I left off with the Chiefs interview, I guess the only thing left is the psych test and the physical. Curious to see how many they hire, if they hire at all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I left off at the chief interview. HR told me there are only around 30 people on the eligibilty list as far as I know also..

Forum Member

im at the chief interview...you two are pretty much hired pending psych and physical....how was the chief interview?

Forum Member

I did the Chief interview as well....it wasn't bad. I didn't update them with my new email address...so I didn't receive that email you guys are talking about. What did it say? 30 people on the list? You think that's 30 people that received the letter back in January or 30 people that got through the Chief interview?

Thread Information