+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    Forum Member

so when i wrote that last post, they didnt have the "firefighter" posted til today, and i called h.r. she said that they would have a class in jan., didnt say if it was for the eligibility pool or the new app. process, and did mention that they would pick up 20-40 soon, when?, wasn't sure.

MembersZone Subscriber

FWIW, I got a call from HR today to set up a Fire Chief interview. I was told they were interviewing 12. So things ARE moving in the right direction...

Forum Member

I also talked to somebody today and she mentioned that they were setting up interviews for people to "catch up" on the hiring process. I've already completed my interview but haven't been contacted by anybody yet. With at least 200 people on the eligibility list I'm curious how they are going to pick the class. Has anybody else already completed the interview?

Forum Member

im at the chief interview but no call yet....wondering if they are calling for medics first as priority, then hopefully more.

Forum Member

Ganes, I'm also done with my interview but I haven't received a call yet. I figure they won't call until they're done with the interviews though. So, is it 20-40 soon and then another class in Jan. ?

Forum Member

Out of curiosity, what is the "Fire Team Video Test" and are you guys saying that the hiring post is just a formality because they are probably only going to hire off their current eligibility list?

Forum Member

The "Fire Team Video Test" is probably the video/scenario portion of the hiring process, where you have to respond to a video screen/incident. I had to do a video/written test instead of the "Fire Team Video Test" I think because of the high number of applicants.

Also, there website (ocfrd.com) still says not accepting applications. They are going to hire off of the eligibilty list, which will expire at the end of the year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes4 View Post
    The "Fire Team Video Test" is probably the video/scenario portion of the hiring process, where you have to respond to a video screen/incident. I had to do a video/written test instead of the "Fire Team Video Test" I think because of the high number of applicants.

Also, their website (ocfrd.com) still says not accepting applications. They are going to hire off of the eligibilty list, which will expire at the end of the year.
    Ahh, I got it. So is there still a CPAT involved? I see on ocfrd.com that they are not hiring at this time but that is for the recruit program. I spoke to someone today to make sure I was still able to put in my application and she said yes but they are closing it out today so get it in there asap. I put in my application and hope its not for nothing. Thanks for the input.

Forum Member

Glad to hear you got your application in on time. It's strange that the paramedic application deadline is so much longer than the firefighter application. There is a CPAT for the hiring process, it usually comes after the written exam. Good luck.

makes good girls go bad

VESMedic, enable your PMs or email me
    fireguard69@yahoo.com
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    VESMedic, enable your PMs or email me
    fireguard69@yahoo.com
    PM sent

Forum Member

anything new for the eligibility pool applicants?

makes good girls go bad

Anyone know the difference between the CPAT and PPAT?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Anyone know the difference between the CPAT and PPAT?
    PPAT is a Paramedic Agility Test. Really easy man. Walk on the stepmill with like a bag in your hand (no vest). Lift a stretcher to the back. Things like that. I, in all seriousness, don't think you can fail.

Forum Member

I got my application in, thanks to this thread.

Does anyone know if where I live will actually influence anything? I saw it said that they prefer those that live in Orange or counties surrounding. I live in Pinellas, which is only a 90 minute drive.

Just gotta wait a few weeks to see if I made the list.

Forum Member

As far as i know it shouldn't....few buddies of mine have been hired from palm beach and other cities south of here....are you on the job now?

Forum Member

I think it will influence the decision, at least for this latest hiring. I live in Ocala, which is only about an hour away. I was told they are taking preference to those who live in Orange county or a surrounding county. I have completed the Chief interview but still haven't been called about the latest classes they are going to put on, while other people are being called to do interviews.

Forum Member

Canes, do you know of more applicants that have been called for scheduled interviews? I live in Orlando and up to the chief interview but no call yet either, but i am also only an emt, you seem to have insight on whats going on, obviosusly they are prioritizing medics, but do you know of any emt's that have been called?

Forum Member

I heard they are bringing in medics for interviews and are going to put a class on with them. That's what I've heard from people on this sight. Also, they might be bringing in EMTs for interviews after the medics interview. That's what I've heard, we'll see.

Forum Member

This is what i got off the site on the 7th. We were suppose to check to see when our video test was and this is the response i got.....

:
    Certified Firefighter Eligibility Information for Job Opening Requisition # 8716
    Due to the large volume of applications from job opening requisition # 8716, only those
    candidates that meet the preference of previous firefighting experience with Orange
    County Fire Rescue will be eligible to participate in this hiring process. Those
    candidates who are eligible to participate in this process have been contacted. We
    appreciate your interest with employment with Orange County Fire Rescue
    Don't think this means anything to others that are on previous list .. just the new applications when the opened it this time. From below link ...

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/NR/rdo...pening8716.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post
    This is what i got off the site on the 7th. We were suppose to check to see when our video test was and this is the response i got.....

Don't think this means anything to others that are on previous list .. just the new applications when the opened it this time. From below link ...

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/NR/rdo...pening8716.pdf

Now, when they said, "only those candidates that meet the preference of previous firefighting experience with Orange County Fire Rescue will be eligible to participate in this hiring process," do they mean "firefighting experience" or the previous participants in the eligibility pool with orange co.?"

Forum Member

Charlie, sounds to me that previous experience could very well mean the hiring process. And have already been contacted could be that email that we got a while back. Maybe I'm just hoping that's what it means! Unless it's their reserve firefighters? I'm also an EMT but I'm done with my interview, I'm just waiting for that call for the psych and medical. I'm really hoping to hear from them sometime soon.I don't know anyone else in the process, so I can't call and find out if anybody else has heard anything.

Forum Member

Just off a wild guess ... and reading about it here .... the new list they are going to use to hire for the Jan class is only prior exp with them ... i'm guessing reserves and former service. JUST GUESSING .... Good luck.
    Last edited by owenscott; 10-11-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Forum Member

spoke with h.r. and yes they are hiring people who worked for them before, but the eligibility list still stands as far as she stated.

Forum Member

soooooooooo anyone get any call backs? or where orange is at with the hiring?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information