Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by charlie4072000 View Post
    im at the chief interview...you two are pretty much hired pending psych and physical....how was the chief interview?
    hey charlie. I did NOT have my chiefs interview yet, sorry for the miscommunication. the next thing I have is the chiefs interiew. so I can not comment on the interview.

Forum Member

The Email was sent out to see if you are still interested in continuing with the hiring process because there is a possibility they could be hiring in the "next few months". The interview was pretty laid back, just routine questions. My interview only lasted about 5 minutes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes4 View Post
    The Email was sent out to see if you are still interested in continuing with the hiring process because there is a possibility they could be hiring in the "next few months". The interview was pretty laid back, just routine questions. My interview only lasted about 5 minutes.
    So, do you have to reply back to the email? Or call?

Forum Member

Never mind.... I called and got it fixed..... Responded to the email.

Forum Member

Sorry, didn't get a chance to respond to your question. Glad you got it taken care of. Is anybody in the process currently working for another department?

Forum Member

no worries vesmedic...i am currently not hired with anyone yet...anyone know the chances of whatever it is orange needs to get the freeze lifted....vesmedic, you said that h.r. mentioned that there are about 30 left on the eligibility list? if that is true, im wondering if they are only picking up people that have had and or are at the chief interview. i just thought that there were probably almost 70-100.

Forum Member

it would also be nice if they gave the eligibility pool an option for first dibs on the certified reserve program in case they didnt go through the certified hiring for the year, living in the orlando area with pretty much no one hiring, this could be good to have to keep the cert. going as well as the skills, maybe even to be picked up if they started a hiring process next year(that is if they didnt lift the freeze this year)..wishful thinking.....oh the frustrations!

Forum Member

I'm not familiar with the reserve program, is that pretty much a volunteer program? Not sure what they need to get the freeze lifted. I was suprised to hear that they might be hiring in the next few months after reading the articles about the department facing big budget cuts. I know they are paying people to work quite a bit of overtime, maybe that's another reason to hire.

Forum Member

yeah, i took a look at the link that you posted, looked discouraging....maybe its just a back up plan just in case, but as for the reserve program, it was taken out for budget reasons and just recently put back for recruitment, the certified candidates for the volunteer (reserve) program still have to go through pretty much the same exact process certified paid candidates have to go through, i figured that it would save time and money if they gave us an option if they decided not to pick us up for hire status before the end of the year. i know i would love to volunteer and keep my skills up especially when its in the area.

Forum Member

any updates?

Forum Member

Heard that they are going to hire around 30 before the end of the year. I also called and was told there is over 200 people on the eligibility list....

Forum Member

about when did you hear about over 200 in the eligibility list. i talked to a buddy who had a friend in the eligibility list, done with the interview and he said that they called him couple weeks ago after asking him if he was still interested, and cut him because of his interview apparently. so i guess they were still weeding out even after the reply of interest. and also like the rumors said before about a class possibly being arranged, is apparently true. so that's good news. good game on monday eh? GO CANES!

Forum Member

I called them last Friday and I was told that they are currently not accepting applications because they have an eligibility list that is over 200 people. I was also told by 2 people that work there about the hiring of around 30 people before the end of the year. They said they heard that straight from the Chief.

Forum Member

That sucks... to get the email to then get the call saying you've been cut. I haven't heard anything new at all. You figure they won't do anything until October, when the new budget comes out. Charlie and Ganes, you guys medics?

Forum Member

Yea, I'm a medic. It seems that something is going to happen before the end of the year, just not hiring as many as they thought they would. That's suprising to hear about being cut, something must have come up in a background or he must have really screwed up his interview.

Forum Member

not a medic yet but registered to start in oct., tell me guys...how bad is medic school? regarding my friends buddy who was cut said it was because of the interview. i was under the impression that chief interviws with orange were pretty much the guarantee of a conditional offer. but it looks like anything goes.

Forum Member

Medic school isn't to bad, just time consuming. Also, it depends on where you go to school at. Some schools require more clinical hours than others. Good luck with it.

Forum Member

Interesting post on the orange county gov. website. They have a vacant position for "Paramedic," requirments include only paramedic cert., fire certs. are not eligible for this position, and they will apparently put you through standards. Thought that was interesting.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charlie4072000 View Post
    Interesting post on the orange county gov. website. They have a vacant position for "Paramedic," requirments include only paramedic cert., fire certs. are not eligible for this position, and they will apparently put you through standards. Thought that was interesting.
    People are being called for interviews and processing from previous "paramedic only" tests.

Forum Member

The OCFRD website has job openings for "Paramedic" and also for "Firefighter". That's a good sign. I hope there not just looking to pick up a bunch of single certs.

Thread Information