+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Orange County Fire Rescue (Florida)

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/jobs/j...dSubmit=Submit

Its an intense hiring process including CPAT and Polygraph. But I hear they are a great department and I am taking the CPAT next Saturday. I am also in Osceola's process but their deadline was a few days ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

im in orange countys process at the moment too, plan on leaving my department im with right now. how was the written and the BPAD? i take it oct 31st

Forum Member

Its common sense. They ask a lot of questions that pretty much profile your personality and the video test just checks your mechanical abilities. Its cut and dry. Answer everything HONESTLY. That is the most important thing you can do.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks bud. any idea when they will be starting a class if your hired?

Forum Member

I heard that the next earliest class starting would be January. I doubt many departments are going to hold orientations before Jan 1.

Forum Member

Does a ff/medic ride a unit?
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    Does a ff/medic ride a unit?
    Let me save you the time and effort: unless you are certified firefighter/medic in the state of florida, you would basically have to do everything (medic and fire) all over again in the state of florida. florida does not accept reciprocity from any state as far as I know. You *might* be able to keep your EMT, thats probably about it. and as far as orange county, yes, as a medic you definetly ride a rescue.

Forum Member

As for Florida Fire Certification, yes, you might as well just go through Fire Academy and save yourself the obstacles necessary just to challenge the state, if you even can.

For Medic, they do not accept reciprocity, but you can challenge the state of Florida's state exam as long as your National Registry Certified. In other words, if you are Tennesee certified, you have to take the National Registry, then take the Florida exam. Yes this state is by far one of the most screwed up I have seen.

I never understood the reason behind this because Florida doesn't recognize National Registry Paramedic, but you have to take that exam to take the State of Florida. On the flip side of the coin, when take EMT in Florida, you are taking the National Registry exam to be a Florida EMT...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    im in orange countys process at the moment too, plan on leaving my department im with right now. how was the written and the BPAD? i take it oct 31st

VESmedic.. where do you currently work ?

btw.. OCFR's process is kinda funky

Forum Member

Whats Seminole's process like?

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic80 View Post
    Whats Seminole's process like?
    it involves an IPAT physical test, very similar to a CPAT exam. A PEER fitness test which involves push ups, sit ups, and a max heart rate vs time exercise on a treadmill. Also, an EMS practical examination. Of course this is all after an oral interview.

Forum Member

i just got called for my poly i go dec 3 does any one know of what it consist of and what to wear thanks for any info

Forum Member

Is this for Orange County? I took my poly for them a few weeks ago. As far as what to wear, I was business casual because I am representing the department so I should look somewhat professional.

Questions on the poly are mostly about accuracy of your application. A few are asked about you in general, but just be honest and you will be fine. If you get the guy I had, which you more than likely will, he is cool and very laid back and there is no reason to be intimidated. Just go in with an open mind and be honest and you will pass.

Forum Member

cool thanks im sure ill be fine congrats on passing did you get an interview yet

Forum Member

No, not till I pass the CPAT which has been my biggest struggle.

Forum Member

oh have you gone to mentoring i did and it helped me alot i ended up passing with time left you should go if you are having trouble

Forum Member

Unfortunately because I work on the mentoring days, live in Sarasota and have no money to travel, I can't attend them, so I am just working out on my own to try and get through it. It sucks but I have no choice, I am too strapped on cash to travel except on the required days to be there.

Forum Member

yeah man i hear you i had to stop going when i started working but just hit up stairs man cardio dont even work about muscle unless its core and legs and remember its mostly in your head you just got to stay focused on the end result

Forum Member

Yeah I have been at the gym doing the stair mill 15 minutes a day. I have failed 3 times and they told me that I need to come back Dec. 6th unless told not too but they said they need medics so bad they are letting them come back for another try.

Forum Member

oh yeah if your a medic and you pass that then you pretty much in

Is the opening still available for FF/EMT? I see on 911hotjobs that the position for 'firefighter' is open and stays open until 12/7. I am in medic school right now but still 8 mos from taking my state. If any of you know I'd appreciate it, thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

i took the written oct 31st, and passed the CPAT november 8th, I am a medic and I haven't heard anything. is that normal?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic80 View Post
    Is this for Orange County? I took my poly for them a few weeks ago. As far as what to wear, I was business casual because I am representing the department so I should look somewhat professional.

Questions on the poly are mostly about accuracy of your application. A few are asked about you in general, but just be honest and you will be fine. If you get the guy I had, which you more than likely will, he is cool and very laid back and there is no reason to be intimidated. Just go in with an open mind and be honest and you will pass.
    hey man, you took your poly before you passed the CPAT? Thats strange. like i said in the above post, i took the written the 31st of october, and passed the CPAT november 8th, and havent heard anything yet...hmm...

Forum Member

i passed the cpat the 8th too,and they just called me for the poly it goes by the county you live in and your last name. Also they wont call until they get back there backround check and the dl check

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kevnaz1 View Post
    i passed the cpat the 8th too,and they just called me for the poly it goes by the county you live in and your last name. Also they wont call until they get back there backround check and the dl check
    hmmm I guess that makes sense. I live in seminole and my last name starts with B, where do you live at man?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... Last

Thread Information