Exclamation Question regarding Turnout/Bunker Gear

I am looking for a set of used or if I could even get new set of bunker turnout gear. Do not need boots, gloves, or helmet, already have it. Just need the "gear". It does need to be current NFPA standard. Any idea where I can get a set, or does anyone have a set they wouldn't mind giving me or selling? I am trying to steer clear of eBay! Looking to go through Fire School, but need gear, as I am doing this outside of a department and am paying for everything myself - Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance, be safe! God bless!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFRob24 View Post
    I am looking for a set of used or if I could even get new set of bunker turnout gear. Do not need boots, gloves, or helmet, already have it. Just need the "gear". It does need to be current NFPA standard. Any idea where I can get a set, or does anyone have a set they wouldn't mind giving me or selling? I am trying to steer clear of eBay! Looking to go through Fire School, but need gear, as I am doing this outside of a department and am paying for everything myself - Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance, be safe! God bless!

There is a reason people go through fire school while affiliated. They give you gear that IS NFPA rated, which is what you SHOULD have when going through ANY fire school.

Affiliation also provides a way to maintain the skills you learn, because really, whats the point in learning something if you forget it because you can't use it?

What state by the way?
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

I've gotten a spare set of gear off ebay that is in great shape for a great price. Dont underestimate ebay.

Also got an almost new 1010 for $60 with a coat, which I then sold for $90, so i made thirty dollars by buying the helmet.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

If the fire school allows you to participate in any sort of class with non NFPA compliant gear, they need their heads examined. The instructors are ultimately responsible for your safety. They should be inspecting all gear at the start of classes or if anyone changes gear. If you need a resonably priced set of basic gear let me know.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Ebay is an awesome source for your gear! Our explorers were fortunate that our FD had just received new gear so they got to have the "old gear". There were a few items that they needed. I managed to have the nomex hoods donated and I have been slowly replacing their fire gloves with new ones off of Ebay. I just paid 12.00 for a new pair identical to mine that I paid 60.00 for at a convention!!
    Jami
    Jami Sue

facebook.com/firechick337

Live each day as if it were your last!

Ember Lou loves all of her firefighter families!

GFFD forever!!

Gorham-Fayette Fire Explorers Rock!!

Thread Information