Thread: Resume

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Resume

Hi, I'm trying to get on a department for the first time. What should I put on my resume if I haven't had any FD experience? I'll be graduating from my AS Fire Science program in the spring, I'll put that on there, but should I include past jobs even if its not related to the fire service?

Thanks,
    Brent

yes, put down your prior jobs. You can make any job related to the fire service. If you worked at McDonald's, you can make that relate. Exp: You are dealing with the public and customer service. The Fire Dept deals with the public and has to uphold a certain level of customer service. You are also working in a team environment at McDonald's. Just as you do in the Fire Service. Just think about your prior jobs and take what you can from them and apply them to the Fire Service. Good luck!

Forum Member

Default The right track

It looks like you are on the right track. I also need help with my resume and am looking for some help. Have you checked out any resume writing services?

I have been checking around and have found a few. I typed firefighter resume in google and a few came up, but I have not made the dessision as to who i am going to ues.

Forum Member

Lightbulb I went with a service to write my resume.

Hey guys,
    I am/was in the same situation and after reading several posts and doing a little research through Google searches; I bought a resume package through fdresume (www.fdresume.com)

I have my phone interview in a few hours and I hope everything will come together and I will have my finished resume within a few days.

I donít know if this is the best service out there, but the price was good, and I really need some help so I donít screw this up.

Good luck guys,

D.

Forum Member

Default I'll e-mail u

Paceyourrace,

I'll shoot you an e-mail and let you know how my resume from fdresume.com turns out.

If it looks fantastic, maybe you should go with them. The price was not bad and I dont have to keep pounding my head on the key board.

D.

Forum Member

paceyourrace, I sent you the attachment lastwee. Let me know if you did not get it.

Thread Information