Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-plan forms

Forum Member

Question Pre-plan forms

I'm setting up training for our personnel to survey and prepare pre-plans for the public & commercial structures in our area that don't already have them. Does anyone have a relatively simple pre-plan survey form that works for them? I'm guessing there's some out there, and I'd just as soon not reinvent the wheel! We're assigning small teams of our personnel to do these, so simpler is better!

Stay safe!

MembersZone Subscriber ffmedcbk1's Avatar

I use excel and a fairly easy format PM me and I'll send it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedcbk1 View Post
    I use excel and a fairly easy format PM me and I'll send it.
    Is there a chance you could copy me in on that? I am looking at several options right now but i'd like to go with something simple.

MembersZone Subscriber

We use a relatively simple form in conjunction with the FireZone CAD based preplan system. The original form was actually on the firezone module but was aggravating at best to use. I created the same form in MS word format to simplify entry of information. Then once you have done the preplan drawing in Firezone you can just cut and paste it into the form. The nice thing about it is it affords more flexibility for revisions and additions later down the road. All you have to do is double click on the drawing in the MS Word form and it automatically pulls it up in Firezone. Make the necessary changes and click save in FireZone and it saves it automatically makes the changes on the Main preplan form. Save that one and your'e done. The nice thing is, I have a majority of our preplans in this format which takes anywhere from 20min to an hour to create depending on the complexity of the structure. Once the preliminary plan is done, when I go back for a revisit/update I can complete these in as little as 5 min. E-mail me @ ditchdoc1@bellsouth.net and I can send you a copy of the form as well as a couple completed forms so you can see what we have.

MembersZone Subscriber

I also have one that I use, from FDM. Email me and I will send it
    mmattson@sbmfire.com

Forum Member

hey can you guys send me the form you use on excel or word, i could really use them

email: mduran2288@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoc2 View Post
    We use a relatively simple form in conjunction with the FireZone CAD based preplan system. The original form was actually on the firezone module but was aggravating at best to use. I created the same form in MS word format to simplify entry of information. Then once you have done the preplan drawing in Firezone you can just cut and paste it into the form. The nice thing about it is it affords more flexibility for revisions and additions later down the road. All you have to do is double click on the drawing in the MS Word form and it automatically pulls it up in Firezone. Make the necessary changes and click save in FireZone and it saves it automatically makes the changes on the Main preplan form. Save that one and your'e done. The nice thing is, I have a majority of our preplans in this format which takes anywhere from 20min to an hour to create depending on the complexity of the structure. Once the preliminary plan is done, when I go back for a revisit/update I can complete these in as little as 5 min. E-mail me @ ditchdoc1@bellsouth.net and I can send you a copy of the form as well as a couple completed forms so you can see what we have.
    I must agree...I am in charge of Pre-fire plans at our FD and we use FireZone as well. I started out using Fire Zone 4.0 but now use 8.0. Actually use 4.0 and then transfer to 8.0 b/c 4.0 is much more "USER FRIENDLY". ^^
    We use a form that was in there as well, just tweaked a little bit is all. I will send you a copy of ours too if yu wish that way yuo can fool around with all and see which one best suits what your FD is trying to accomplish. GL and happy hunting!
    B-Man
    Pryrwarrior111@yahoo.com

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but is it possible to get copies of the pre-plan / inspection forms?
    Also, anybody have the FD templates for Visio? Can't find them anymore... Thanks, Ben

bwebster@nycap.rr.com

Thread Information