Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Manufacture's standings

Is there anyplace I can find info like how many trucks each manufacturer makes a year,and/or their ranking like who's the top 10.

Forum Member

Good luck with that...Particularly since the whole industry is imploding!
    Stay safe

Forum Member

Oh boy. This should turn interesting.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Good luck with that. Even within FAMA reports they don't let the numbers out in a manner that can be used to determine their exact numbers. They give numbers on types such as 75' aerial, etc.. but hold the totals pretty close to the vest.

Forum Member

Why does it seem like it's a big secret ? The only reason I ask is I had read an article in one of the fire service newspapers about either apparatus or the sale of E-One. In the article they had mentioned that Pierce was number 1, Rosenbauer was number 2,and E-One was number 3,but no mention of ALF, KME, Seagrave, Sutphen, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

As I understandit there is significant disagreement what is proper to include in the count. One of the big 3 apparently includes wildland apparatus in their count.

Is the count relevant? Or is it more important that they do real engineering with part drawings (archived) prepared by actual degreed techs/engineers supervised by Professional Engineers (PE). That they have and use modern test fixtures, including tilt tables. Do they crash test their cab/body designs. Are you buying their "A game" body design/method or the low budget style.
    Last edited by neiowa; 10-22-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wconlon53 View Post
    Why does it seem like it's a big secret ? The only reason I ask is I had read an article in one of the fire service newspapers about either apparatus or the sale of E-One. In the article they had mentioned that Pierce was number 1, Rosenbauer was number 2,and E-One was number 3,but no mention of ALF, KME, Seagrave, Sutphen, etc.
    The way they judged it for that magazine was by sales reports and the averag number of units sold a month. The figures are probably accurate fire apparatus magaizne usually up on all of the manifacturer sales. 4-Ferrara 5-KME last year in the magazine. ALF probably slipped a long way down due to finacial problems not sure where seagrave and sutphen rank they werent in there lasyt year either.

Forum Member

Spellcheck use by firetdriver99 ranked dead last.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default retiredchiefone

Quote Originally Posted by wconlon53 View Post
    Is there anyplace I can find info like how many trucks each manufacturer makes a year,and/or their ranking like who's the top 10.
    It really does not matter who is number 1, 2 or three or somewhere on down the line. The ranking is not an indicator on who manufactures the best apparatus. If you are looking to purchase an apparatus based on this statistic, it may not be in the best interest of your department.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFD940 View Post
    Spellcheck use by firetdriver99 ranked dead last.

Your my Hero!!!!

Any of the top manufacturers should make it out ok. The top smaller manufacturers like Alexis, Toyne, US Tanker, etc should make it through as well. It's small Mom and Pop shops that may end up with problems.
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CooterRob View Post
    Any of the top manufacturers should make it out ok. The top smaller manufacturers like Alexis, Toyne, US Tanker, etc should make it through as well. It's small Mom and Pop shops that may end up with problems.
    Actually many of the smaller custom regional builders are doing fine in this business environment. They don't tend to be tens of millions of dollars in debt, and don't have to answer to the corporate bean counters or the stockholders. They continue with many satisfied customers who remember that the small guy has taken care of their needs for years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CooterRob View Post
    I have to disagree as well... Remember, a lot of the Mom and Pop builders also have their hands in other fabrication ventures. They have diversified on their own, not under the umbrella of a parent company, so they are very likely to stay above water.

Thread Information