1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Red face NOW! I've Read It All.....

    I sat here with a hanging jaw after reading this one. WAAAYYY to weird even for the Weird Files.

    Judge nixes suit against God

    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Last Updated: 16th October 2008, 3:48am

    LINCOLN, Neb. -- A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served, due to his unlisted home address.

    Senator Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year, seeking a permanent injunction against God.

    He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

    But District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

    Chambers thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

    "The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," he said yesterday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience. Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."


    What will people think of next?

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Dickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    OMG!!!!

    A senator doing this even. Who says our politics and our judicial system isn't broke???
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

    IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

  3. #3
    Savage / Hyneman 08'

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I want to see God take the stand.

    "Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you... uhm.... you."

    And then I want the senator thrown out on his ***. This is not the best and brightest that we need to lead our country.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    bum291's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    POHA, Finland
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Ok, somone is a complete idiot! Or did it to get publicity. Did he expect money to rain down from the sky if the case was won?

    Nebraska is in safe hands good folks.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northwest OH
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Even better, who would dare hold God in contempt if he didnt follow the injunction??????

  6. #6
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Unhappy Well...............

    Quote Originally Posted by FireDawgEMT22 View Post
    Even better, who would dare hold God in contempt if he didnt follow the injunction??????

    Unfortunately, Millions of people hold God in Contempt every day...........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    This lawsuit fits right in with the DC Nit-Wit, Mr 65 Million Dollar Pants lawsuit. I see he is back in the courts appealling the original ruling.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    I take it that this congresscritter survived the partial birth abortion?

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    bfdhoser1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    69

    Default Who paid

    Who paid all the costs of this alleged lawsuit ?
    www.bfd-firedepartment.com
    23 years B.F.D. Local 282
    13 years U.A.W
    U.S.Military - Joined.

  10. #10
    CFEI / CFII
    cubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I thought there was a law against stupid waste of time lawsuits.

    When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    I thought there was a law against stupid waste of time lawsuits.
    That is surprising because your spreading trash over all the other forums about Obama not being a citizen - a fact, oh by the way, confirmed by none other than John friggin McCain.

  12. #12
    CFEI / CFII
    cubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geinandputitout View Post
    That is surprising because your spreading trash over all the other forums about Obama not being a citizen - a fact, oh by the way, confirmed by none other than John friggin McCain.
    I never said he wasn't a citizen. I just find it odd that Obama is fighting this case. When he could make it go away by producing the documents. Here
    is the header from one of the court documents. Do your own search.

    UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
    PHILIP J. BERG, ESQUIRE, ::
    Plaintiff :
    vs. :CIVIL ACTION NO: 08-cv- 04083
    :
    BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, ET AL, ::
    Defendants :

    When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    222

    Default McCain's middle name ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geinandputitout View Post
    That is surprising because your spreading trash over all the other forums about Obama not being a citizen - a fact, oh by the way, confirmed by none other than John friggin McCain.
    John McCain's middle name is "Friggin" !! Didn't know that !!
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

  14. #14
    CFEI / CFII
    cubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetJaxFF View Post
    John McCain's middle name is "Friggin" !! Didn't know that !!
    I never said Obama was not a citizen. What I said was that a case had been filed in federal court challenging his "Natural Born Citizen Status" In the case Obama was order by the court to produce a number of documents to provide proof that he is qualified to run for President. One of documents that were asked for was a Fault Certified copy of his born certificate. That should not be hard to get. Give the court what it asked for and end this.
    If he wants to be my President and have a transparent administration that he claims he wants. Release the documents. What does he have to hide?

    When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    I never said Obama was not a citizen. What I said was that a case had been filed in federal court challenging his "Natural Born Citizen Status" In the case Obama was order by the court to produce a number of documents to provide proof that he is qualified to run for President. One of documents that were asked for was a Fault Certified copy of his born certificate. That should not be hard to get. Give the court what it asked for and end this.
    If he wants to be my President and have a transparent administration that he claims he wants. Release the documents. What does he have to hide?
    See everyone is acting like this is a legitimate request. So why wouldn't he comply. If he would simply produce the material he and his campaign would be innundated by ridiculous requests for this and that. If you haven't noticed there is a campaign on.

    If the person was so concerned with Obama's actual status, he would've started this process some time ago. Nothing works its courts through the system quickly.

    In case you actually care, here is a link to his birth certificate, a comment from the washingtonpost.com, and factcheck.org

    http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate

  16. #16
    CFEI / CFII
    cubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geinandputitout View Post
    See everyone is acting like this is a legitimate request. So why wouldn't he comply. If he would simply produce the material he and his campaign would be innundated by ridiculous requests for this and that. If you haven't noticed there is a campaign on.

    If the person was so concerned with Obama's actual status, he would've started this process some time ago. Nothing works its courts through the system quickly.

    In case you actually care, here is a link to his birth certificate, a comment from the washingtonpost.com, and factcheck.org

    http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate
    http://snarkybytes.com/wp-content/up...cate-1963.jpgl

    Here is a copy of a Birth Certificate from that time frame. Looks very much like my own. Obama has been telling everyone how he wants to run an open and transparent administration. Before he even has the opportunity to take office he has allowed this issue to muddy the waters. Release the documents ordered by the court. What does he have to hide?
    Yes it is a legitimate question to ask. If you want to be President of the United States. You want to be the person who has control of our nuclear weapons. You want to have access to all of our government’s top secret information we use to keep our nation safe. The list goes on! Now is exactly the time to find out this information not after he is in office. Having been sworn into office with his right hand on the Koran.

    When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    The lawsuit regarding the birth certificate issue got tossed yesterday.

    That's a kick in the jimmy.

    I guess the news hasn't gotten to your parts just yet.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-26-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #18
    CFEI / CFII
    cubbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The lawsuit regarding the birth certificate issue got tossed yesterday.

    That's a kick in the jimmy.

    I guess the news hasn't gotten to your parts just yet.
    Its being appealled. Case is not over yet.

    Facts have not changed. What is Obama hiding and why?

    When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    Its being appealled. Case is not over yet.

    Facts have not changed. What is Obama hiding and why?
    Appealed to who? He submitted a birth certificate that has been authenticated. Seems that he isn't hiding anything.

    Maybe he was on the grassy knoll. That's what he's hiding.

    Don't let that buck the establishment thinking go to waste. There are all sorts of groups that would like you as a member. This one, this one, and this one all need your help.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-26-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Carter Lake, Iowa
    Posts
    54

    Default back to the original post

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I sat here with a hanging jaw after reading this one. WAAAYYY to weird even for the Weird Files.

    Judge nixes suit against God

    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Last Updated: 16th October 2008, 3:48am

    LINCOLN, Neb. -- A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served, due to his unlisted home address.

    Senator Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year, seeking a permanent injunction against God.

    He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

    But District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

    Chambers thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

    "The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," he said yesterday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience. Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."


    What will people think of next?
    I am originally from Nebraska and I am not defending This senator, personally I cant stand the guy. But the original purpose of this lawsuit was trying to prove a point about frivillous lawsuits wasting time and money. I dont understand what he was trying to accomplish by submitting a frivillous lawsuit himself though, and I am not sure who paid the court costs.

  21. #21
    Savage / Hyneman 08'

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carterlakecapt View Post
    I am originally from Nebraska and I am not defending This senator, personally I cant stand the guy. But the original purpose of this lawsuit was trying to prove a point about frivillous lawsuits wasting time and money. I dont understand what he was trying to accomplish by submitting a frivillous lawsuit himself though, and I am not sure who paid the court costs.

    I don't know. If that was his intention, he didn't think it out much.

    Maybe I should rob a bank to show that robbing banks is bad.

    Right and wrong don't change, even if your intentions or motivations do.

  22. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Thanks to Carter and Maxx for bringing the ORIGINAL focus of this topic back into line. NO WHERE did I or the original story discuss/mention or SUGGEST either Senator McCain or Senator Obama. There are THREE other threads to discuss their political points.....


    THIS THREAD IS NOT ONE OF THEM!


    Thank you.

    And thank you CarterLakeCapt for adding some background to the real story, especially since it falls into line with Judge Dork from DC and his pointless lawsuit about his missing pants.

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    Its being appealled. Case is not over yet.

    Facts have not changed. What is Obama hiding and why?
    Hopefully this Supreme Court case puts an end to the whackjob morons who continue to believe Obama can't be president. I'll say one thing, there are no shortage of morons who bought into this idiotic story.

    This is what is known as a frivolous lawsuit.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    SC, once again, I reiterate... There was no mention of McCain, Obama, Clinton, Lincoln, Washington or any othe President or President In Training in the original post. Even Al Gore was never mentioned in the original story. So, let it drop. thanks.

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    rhvfd1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen,MS USA
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    I think the case would be thrown out against God simply because it would be extremely difficult to find a jury of his peers..
    Last edited by rhvfd1214; 12-09-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: kan't spel corecktly
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please READ???
    By fireguy2003 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:01 PM
  2. Please read....
    By StayBack500FT in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 02:52 PM
  3. If you read "Test" read this one
    By ExplorerKid in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 09:28 AM
  4. Please Read
    By Styles in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2000, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register