Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Chicago FD to prepare for Obama

I just read that article on the front of the webpage. I would never in a million years do a thing for that guy. I would rather blow a fag with AIDS then help him out. He has done NOTHING for the poor UNARMED family's of Illinois. Maybe that Actress' family would be alive and not dead had that pussy not been so against gun control in his lovely state.

WOW..don't hold back, what do you really think. Looks like you're having flashbacks to the Dinkens days. Have a little de-caf bro. Either way it's going to be a circus in the windy city next week.

Forum Member

I hope to shout you left yourself logged in and caught a run.
    Last edited by Geinandputitout; 10-27-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Forum Member

We dont have internet access at work. Was in an airport in Charlotte. And its the truth.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    I just read that article on the front of the webpage. I would never in a million years do a thing for that guy. I would rather blow a fag with AIDS then help him out. He has done NOTHING for the poor UNARMED family's of Illinois. Maybe that Actress' family would be alive and not dead had that pussy not been so against gun control in his lovely state.
    I truly hope you edit this post, as it is incredibly unprofessional.

They are not taking their gear home to participate in the celebration. They are taking their gear home to be prepared to respond effectively and efficiently to any potential civil disturbance. Most importantly...

THEY ARE NOT DOING IT FOR OBAMA! THEY ARE DOING IT FOR THE PEOPLE THEY ARE SWORN TO PROTECT!
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

My question is why they are doing it in a Park? Wouldn't it be much easier and safer to do it at a sporting areana?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post

They are not taking their gear home to participate in the celebration. They are taking their gear home to be prepared to respond effectively and efficiently to any potential civil disturbance. Most importantly...

THEY ARE NOT DOING IT FOR OBAMA! THEY ARE DOING IT FOR THE PEOPLE THEY ARE SWORN TO PROTECT!
    This coming from a guy who has never been a fireman or in a Union. How are they supposed to be ready for work if their uniform is at work like it is supposed to be?

You can stay down there in Jersey, its not an issue to you if you can protect yourself or not, the lawmakers made that choice for you.

This coming from a guy who has never been a fireman or in a Union. How are they supposed to be ready for work if their uniform is at work like it is supposed to be?

You can stay down there in Jersey, its not an issue to you if you can protect yourself or not, the lawmakers made that choice for you.

George is a volunteer firefighter and was/is a Union member as a LEO.

Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Brother... I have to agree with George here.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by mmagette View Post
    My question is why they are doing it in a Park? Wouldn't it be much easier and safer to do it at a sporting areana?

Even the basket ballteam doesn't want him...

As for Jennifer Hudson, gun control is a stretch, maybe if the baby daddy wasn't a perp... and the baby step daddy wasn't a perp...
    Last edited by jfTL41; 10-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Sounds like a big mess to deal with. Hope everything works out for them and they all stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

First of all, bozo, I am a life member of my law enforcement union, thank you.

Second of all, the city appears to be making contingency plans in the event of a possible civil disturbance. Part of that contingency plan is to have the guys take their gear home so they can deploy to staging areas instead of potentially driving through the areas affected by the disturbance. Seems like an overall good plan to me.

Third of all, you're telling us that it is acceptable to pick and choose which people you protect? Suppose you show up at a fire in Manhattan at an apt. occuppied by an ex-President who was voraciously anti-firearm? Do you adivse your officer that you are not going to fight the fire as a pro-gun protest? I seriously think not. Although that is what you are advocating here.

Fourth of all, as usual, you are full of BS.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ironically, the PD around here are preparing for what happens if Obama IS NOT elected!!
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Forum Member

Yup...............

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    Ironically, the PD around here are preparing for what happens if Obama IS NOT elected!!
    You also...either victory or defeat some areas are expecting trouble.

Forum Member

It's funny, I don't seem to remember all these preparations in past elections. What's different now?

Forum Member

First of all, bozo, I am a life member of my law enforcement union, thank you.

Second of all, the city appears to be making contingency plans in the event of a possible civil disturbance. Part of that contingency plan is to have the guys take their gear home so they can deploy to staging areas instead of potentially driving through the areas affected by the disturbance. Seems like an overall good plan to me.

Third of all, you're telling us that it is acceptable to pick and choose which people you protect? Suppose you show up at a fire in Manhattan at an apt. occuppied by an ex-President who was voraciously anti-firearm? Do you adivse your officer that you are not going to fight the fire as a pro-gun protest? I seriously think not. Although that is what you are advocating here.

Fourth of all, as usual, you are full of BS.
    Once again the man who has never worked as a fireman proves himself again. Being a cop does not count as being in a union. You guys are all a bunch of yes men, and that comes with the territory of the guy you have to answer to being picked on in high school just as much as you, with your stupid haircuts and usual attitudes. Being a volunteer has nothing to do with being a Union member of a professional paid firefighting force. If the City you work for wants to have a contingency plan it should include you coming in to work BEFORE it starts and not if it does! How do you explain to your boss if you gear gets stolen? How do you explain that your kid was playing in your contaminated gear and is now sick or covered in garbage? If you give the City an inch they will take a mile. If you feel differently that's fine, but when it comes time for a contract and you get F#$ked cause they bring up the fact that you did it once before you will see where I am coming from.

To compare putting a fire out based on someones political ideology is just as moronic as you have ever been. If that was the case no one would do a thing in NYC except for the nice areas, the nice areas means the people that work for a living like in Woodside Queens and Woodlawn and Country Club in the Bronx. Manhattan has no working neighborhoods anymore, only people who make a lot or live of the rest of us. We go to work and do our jobs, we never discriminate, EVER, everyone gets treated the same, unless of course you are gorgeous!

I hadnt been thinking about this all that much, but Chicago is going to be screwed no matter the outcome. A. If Obama wins, think NBA Championship "celebration". B. If he loses, think West side riots. As in the past, I am pretty sure there will be extra companies placed in service. I also believe the order to bring gear home, is based on worse case scenario. Relief officers and detailed firefighters routinely bring there gear home. It should not be that big of a deal. I will get some real information before I post more. This is pure speculation on my part.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Once again the man who has never worked as a fireman proves himself again. Being a cop does not count as being in a union. You guys are all a bunch of yes men, and that comes with the territory of the guy you have to answer to being picked on in high school just as much as you, with your stupid haircuts and usual attitudes. Being a volunteer has nothing to do with being a Union member of a professional paid firefighting force. If the City you work for wants to have a contingency plan it should include you coming in to work BEFORE it starts and not if it does! How do you explain to your boss if you gear gets stolen? How do you explain that your kid was playing in your contaminated gear and is now sick or covered in garbage? If you give the City an inch they will take a mile. If you feel differently that's fine, but when it comes time for a contract and you get F#$ked cause they bring up the fact that you did it once before you will see where I am coming from.

To compare putting a fire out based on someones political ideology is just as moronic as you have ever been. If that was the case no one would do a thing in NYC except for the nice areas, the nice areas means the people that work for a living like in Woodside Queens and Woodlawn and Country Club in the Bronx. Manhattan has no working neighborhoods anymore, only people who make a lot or live of the rest of us. We go to work and do our jobs, we never discriminate, EVER, everyone gets treated the same, unless of course you are gorgeous!
    I am not the one who brought up discrimination. You are the one who stated that you would not do your job because a certain political candidate has a view on an issue that you don't like. They are your words, not mine. So your little diatribe was wasted-you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Your comments on law enforcement unions is just stupid and deserves no further comment. However, it is FF like you who trash cops, but then expect professional courtesy when you get pulled over sloppy drunk. Probably happens to you alot.

How do I explain to my boss that my gear got stolen? I say "You're the one who told me to take it home." I also act like an adult and take precautions to safeguard my gear when I am not using it.

How do I keep my contaminated gear away from my kid? The same way I keep my gun away from my kids. I secure it safely and tell them not to touch it.

However, I now understand the issue. You would want to get paid OT instead of being asked to stand ready at home. Now I get it.

Screw the city! Don't give them anything! They are only going to use it to get us!

Thank God you are not like most of the guys I know on your job.

MembersZone Subscriber

It should not be that big of a deal.
    You are 100% correct. You guys are union out there, right?

Forum Member

Never in a million years, either here or IACOJ would I ever think I could say this, but I completely agree with George. Johnny, your initial post deserves to get you banned from these forums (which will never happen thanks to our wonderful WT). However your following posts make you look like a child, nothing more. You, sir, are an embarrassment to the fire service. While I would not enjoy being a LEO, you make yourself look like an idiot for insulting them in such a manner. We help them with their jobs, they help us with our jobs. We can have our disagreements, we can have our rivalries, but in the end we both exist for one purpose, to protect the public. You seem to have completely forgotten that.

Thread Information