Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Camera that takes dictation?

Hey Guys and Gals,

Have any of you heard of a camera that allows you to add a voice message to each photo that can later be typed out as a caption to a photo. I heard an investigator talking about how his firm has one but have not been able to find out anything about it.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I used to have a Sony Mavica CD-500 that had that feature. Truth be told, I never used it. Reason being is that the voice data stored on the same disc as the photos and it cut down on the number of images I could store. It was also very cumbersome.

I have a small digital voice recorder that I use. I can hold it in my hand and still hold the camera steady. I then can dictate a photo log, note or report as the situation requires. The voice recorder will also be much more user friendly to get the voice files transfered over to your computer.

But it is very efficient to record your stuff as you do it.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I used to have a Sony Mavica CD-500 that had that feature. Truth be told, I never used it. Reason being is that the voice data stored on the same disc as the photos and it cut down on the number of images I could store. It was also very cumbersome.

I have a small digital voice recorder that I use. I can hold it in my hand and still hold the camera steady. I then can dictate a photo log, note or report as the situation requires. The voice recorder will also be much more user friendly to get the voice files transfered over to your computer.

But it is very efficient to record your stuff as you do it.
    I am with George on this one. I have talked with investigators that have used this camera that like it and others that don't. One company have their investigators send their disk to the home office and they have someone else type the dictation. I have huge problems with someone else typing my notes. There maybe others that have no problems with it. Itís a personal preference. I will type my own notes.
    The Sony also as I am told...George you can correct me if I am wrong. It only allows a limited amount of record time for each photo.
    Small digital voice recorder is more effective because they have ones on the market now that allow up to 8 hours of record time. They are generally not much bigger than a harmonica. Cost is less than $100.00
    Last edited by cubbie; 10-28-2008 at 08:52 PM.

When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

Thread Information