Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: online thoughts

Forum Member

Question online thoughts

Im considering taking an online medic course. I would appreciate any input on this route as opposed to a traditional class. Any pros, cons, tips, and pointers would be appreciated.

Thanx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiddbizkitt03 View Post
    Im considering taking an online medic course. I would appreciate any input on this route as opposed to a traditional class. Any pros, cons, tips, and pointers would be appreciated.

Thanx
    Which course? If it is a full medic program, you will be useless in the field with no hands on experience

Forum Member

Shoot I didn't even thing it was possible to do that online. I'm currently in medic school, and I benefit greatly from being in there hands on for all the skills. I don't see how you could intubate someone without trying on something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiddbizkitt03 View Post

Thanx
    I've never heard of an online Medic course. Maybe there's a reason for that.

Forum Member

I've heard of a course where you recieve your lectures online, and once every other week or something in the beginning you meet in the class room for hands on stuff. Eventually you start meeting more on campus as you get more hands on, and start doing your hospital times etc. The program is designed for people who work full time jobs or whatever. I've never heard of an online only medic course though.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have looked everywhere and never did find a total on line class. I know a couple that incorporate on line classes for A/P, Medical Terminology and so on but the bulk of the learning is in the class room. I know of a few programs that push you hard in a short amount of time to medic. One in Idaho and a couple in CA but you still have to put in class time. I think the shortest one I have found is three months but it's pretty intense. You better pack your bags and plan to drop of the grid for a while.

Forum Member

Their is a place in Bloomington, IN that does a three month NREMT-P class, a couple branches of the military pays some of their guys to go through the program. Its pretty intense though.... you couldn't do anything but the class for that three months. they currently have a 100% first attempt pass rate on the registry's written exam.

Here is a link:
    http://www.emtinc.net/

Forum Member

Ive only heard of an online EMT course, with lab hours on Saturday at the school, and you still do your clinical hours.

If there is such a thing as an online medic course, I wouldnt recommend it. I just finished a 10 month medic course, and I still feel like I have so much to learn. Granted, you learn the most out in the field on your clinicals..but having good teachers who have worked in the field really makes a difference in absorbing and understanding the information..well at least for me it did.

Forum Member

I have never heard of a full online program and I hope I never see one. I don't agree with the buy-my-certification classes one bit. I am very passionate about what I do and I pray that no online medic comes to help one of my family members one day. All the training and hard work I went through to earn my certification, I just cannot see being done online producing quality paramedics.

Thread Information