Forum Member

Default Ride Along Programm

Hi i am a German Crash Fighter, i would love to ride along with a Amercian Fire Department doesnt matter Volunteer or Payed,more likely a Volunteer,cause i am also a volunteer Cras Fighter(Tactical Rescue Team).So i am on this idea since a year now,but its hard to get any infos or somethink else.

So my question is,do you got any informations About how it works as German(or Somebody who is not a U.S citizen),what am i allowed to do on calls in the U.S!?
    Were can i Ride Along with a Volunteer Fire Department!?Any Departments that you know!?How is it with PPE do i have to buy my own one!?
    Well, allot of questions,i hope somebody can help me out with that

Thanks alot and Stay Safe!

Ps:I tried the search but couldnt find anythink! Sry for my broken English Thanks

Tass

Forum Member

How many times are you going to post this same old posting about ride a long??

One would have been enough.

BTW we do not allow them in my dept.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

well yeah,would be nice if a admin could delet this thread one is enough !Thanks,

Forum Member

If you are in the US visiting I would recommend you ride with a paid dept (or staffed volunteer) simply because they generally tend to have a higher call volume. The city of Atlanta does rid-a-longs, I would call before hand then when you show up at the station they have you sign a forum and your all set.

Forum Member

Do you have an American sister city? We had some German firemen come over and ride with us for a couple days as part of a visit from the city to our city. they came with others. Maybe you could arrange something like that.

Forum Member

We dont got an American Sister City,not even one City in our area or District got one!. So Yeah i tryed to get in Contact with alot of Departments,but never got any Answer (Via E-Mail)

Does Anyone got some other Ideas that could helpme!? I am Thankfull for everythink!

The Problem with payed Departments,is you are not allowed to do anythink!
    I got in contact with Atlanta Fire Dept. but the same,just sit there and whatch,i like to help,i guess you understand that too

Greetings from Germany

Forum Member

Hi there,well i tried the best on my own,but finaly never got any response from a
    Department,so i am Asking you again to help me

I would be so glad if you could help me or got any informations that bring me forward a bit!

Thanks alot, Greetings from Germany,Stay Safe and God bless you!

Tass

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RescueSquadB2 View Post
    Hi there,well i tried the best on my own,but finaly never got any response from a
    Department,so i am Asking you again to help me

I would be so glad if you could help me or got any informations that bring me forward a bit!

Thanks alot, Greetings from Germany,Stay Safe and God bless you!

Tass

http://www.bowievfd.org/Content/Recr...t/observer.asp

http://www.wvrs.org/membership

http://www.ritchie37.com/

Hope those get you started
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RescueSquadB2 View Post
    The Problem with payed Departments,is you are not allowed to do anythink!
    I got in contact with Atlanta Fire Dept. but the same,just sit there and whatch,i like to help,i guess you understand that too
    Good luck in your search. However, just doing a ride along can be interesting enough, vs trying to find a dept where you can also assist. The issue with many depts is that you are a guest while riding and not a member of the dept. There is a whole issue of liabilities and so forth that are an issue with someone riding along, let alone trying to help out. You may have your certifications from Germany, but even here in the States, each dept can be different, they can't really accept the training as the same standard.

Secondly there is an issue if you are in a situation where a MAYDAY may have to be done. On this forum, your English is not the best, so how would you know what to do if in a MAYDAY situation with a dept? Most depts have a requirement that a member knows and understands the English language, the same standard should be applied to anyone looking to help out on a fireground.

As it is, if you get an offer from a dept to do a ride along, even if it is just to observe, take the opportunity. Most firefighters would be interested in the differences and even similarities between your experiences and ours. You can learn a lot just from observing, but there is no reason for you to help out on a fireground when the standards are not there. I have heard of firefighter exchanges, but those are pretty few and far between. Good luck in your search, but remember you are asking a favor just to ride along, there is no reason to set conditions.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Hey go this website and get a hold of them... this a VERY busy area and prodominately volunteer. They'll fill you in on the details and get you set up to ride along.

http://www.pgcvfra.org/
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Forum Member

Try Horry County in the peak vacation season in the Summer. They run around a lot and all you have to do is show up and sign your life away!

Forum Member

Thanks alot for your help i realy appreciate that!
    Hopefully i get some informations!

Thanks again!

God bless you!Stay always Safe on your Runs!

Tass

Thread Information