Thread: Brentwood FD

Forum Member

Default Brentwood FD

I was wondering when the next hiring process would be at Brentwood.Also, if you have any information on the dept. , if you would share it I would appreciate it. I have been on their website but it only has a few things on it..Any info. is greatly appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Brentwood does not hire very often and when they do it is usually two or three. Sixty hours of college required/or miltary service and EMT. Prefer to hire Paramedics.

Forum Member

Thank you WCENG23. Yea, I figured it would be kind of hard to get on their since it is a smaller dept..I am getting by Bacheolor's in Fire Science from EKU, and will be a state certified firefighter by next summer..I am going to start 1&2 in March..By the time I am done with college I will have 4 and a half yrs of expeirence plus the degree and some other certifications I can get by then..I am currenty on a combination dept..

Forum Member

Dont try to get on with Brentwood. You would regret it in the end. They only have 1-2 people on a rig at all times. On the fireground they dont do anything right. The crews cant turn on the tv till 5:00 p.m. Try Franklin thats a great dept. Im a fire explorer there. www.franklin-gov.com/fire/

MembersZone Subscriber

Dont try to get on with Brentwood. You would regret it in the end. They only have 1-2 people on a rig at all times. On the fireground they dont do anything right. The crews cant turn on the tv till 5:00 p.m. Try Franklin thats a great dept. Im a fire explorer there. www.franklin-gov.com/fire/

I gauge from your comment you have no exposure to BFD and their guys. I know many of them that have been with BFD since their inception and have fought fire shoulder to shoulder with them as well as FFD. Yes, they may be a little short staffed but each first due runs with 3-4 staffing. They are probably one of the best trained departments in the area. Most of their officers and firefighters have college degrees and the department encourages training and physical fitness (look at the results of the TUFF competion) hence the dayroom TV not on until after 1700. Don't be fooled FFD has its share of problems too as do most departments.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by explorer478 View Post
    Being an explorer means you are an expert on what?? Don't throw a fd under the bus when you have know idea what you are talking about and or how they operate...Take care and be safe.

Forum Member

Lol don't worry I wouldn't take an explorers words on anything. I am in no way affiliated with either dept., but explorer478 worry about your own back yard first. Besides the point DO NOT disrespect your fellow brothers.And plus if I was wanting a job where I could watch TV I would go work at Circuit City.Anyways thanks for the info WCENG23 and dday05..stay safe..

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

I have to give the BFD props on the last fire I ran with them. I work for FFD and we were mutual aided to Brentwood on a large residential structure fire in an attic due to lightning. By the time we got there all that was left to do was salvage/overhaul. Good knock down guys! I also have friends that work for BFD and they are tremendous firemen! So whoever you are explorer, I suggest you bight your tongue.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firedogg81 View Post
    Lol don't worry I wouldn't take an explorers words on anything. I am in no way affiliated with either dept., but explorer478 worry about your own back yard first. Besides the point DO NOT disrespect your fellow brothers.And plus if I was wanting a job where I could watch TV I would go work at Circuit City.Anyways thanks for the info WCENG23 and dday05..stay safe..
    I must say I am not form Tennessee. I jumped in because I don't like when someone runs their trap like that and even worse not even a firefighter.. Take care

Forum Member

hey sorry guys about what i said. I was just trying to say that dept has some problems which you guys are right, every dept has its problems. I know they got some good firefighters and i know a couple of them. I was just trying to say that it isnt the best dept, but its still a good one. but where ever you decide to get on is your choice not mine. that was just my opinion. sorry guys

Forum Member

Default Fyi

Word on the street is that Brentwood is taking apps for firefighters. They must be in by Jan. 30th and the test date is Feb. 9th.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hiring

Quote Originally Posted by Firedogg81 View Post
    I was wondering when the next hiring process would be at Brentwood.Also, if you have any information on the dept. , if you would share it I would appreciate it. I have been on their website but it only has a few things on it..Any info. is greatly appreciated.
    Don't know when they'll be hiring, but saw that Brentwood just received a SAFER for hiring of 2 firefighters. If you're still interested I'd start some digging to find out when they'll be hiring those 2 firemen. Good luck!

Thread Information