Forum Member

Default Pennsylvania Grant Writing Seminar

I have been hearing a lot of departments from the area who intend to participate in the grant writing seminar that will take place December 13 and 14, 2008 at the Alum Bank Fire Company. Kurt Bradley will be presenting this instruction for those of you who do not know about the seminar. Alum Bank (Pleasantville on the map) is located 15 miles northwest of the Bedford exit of the PA turnpike. We are centrally located just 2 hours from Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. This date is approaching fast and I will need to get an accurate count of attendees for preparation purposes. The fee to attend is $50 cheaper if registration is returned by the 13th of November. I hope to hear from those who are interested in attending very soon.

Kelly

Forum Member

To those of you who are holding off until the last minute, registration needs to be submitted by the end of the week to receive the early bird discount.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Kelly are you giving out any free passes to previous attendees?

Forum Member

I am the wrong person to ask that question. Maybe you can talk the "chief" into a buy one get one free deal!!! Seriously, I added one of our members tonight to keep the number to where Kurt will still be able to come. I hear a lot of people around the area whining about certain departments getting grants and others who need them getting rejected, but there is no excuse other than ignorance for not getting educated on them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys contrary to what many of you may believe; the economy has me in "belt tightening mode" just like all the rest of everyone. I had to fight like hell with management just to keep the prices at 2006 levels for everyone, even though airline costs, gas, car rentals and hotels have ALL risen more than 20% over last year. I already give away all the support, website information, reviewing services and management advice for free but, I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm sorry but I have to pay bills too and, even with an expense account, it never covers all the expenses when I travel and it always ends up costing me more than what I am reimbursed. I hope you understand when I say it is virtually impossible for me to "give free passes".
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys contrary to what many of you may believe; the economy has me in "belt tightening mode" just like all the rest of everyone. I had to fight like hell with management just to keep the prices at 2006 levels for everyone, even though airline costs, gas, car rentals and hotels have ALL risen more than 20% over last year. I already give away all the support, website information, reviewing services and management advice for free but, I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm sorry but I have to pay bills too and, even with an expense account, it never covers all the expenses when I travel and it always ends up costing me more than what I am reimbursed. I hope you understand when I say it is virtually impossible for me to "give free passes".
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey no problem on the pass guys just checking to see, I have a dept secretary up here who is having trouble getting the dept to sponsor the trip over the mountain, I guess for some people 213,750 reasons just aren't enough to send someone who is trying to get money for new gear. I'm planning on attending myself just have to get a go ahead to come again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FF2510 View Post
    Hey no problem on the pass guys just checking to see, I have a dept secretary up here who is having trouble getting the dept to sponsor the trip over the mountain, I guess for some people 213,750 reasons just aren't enough to send someone who is trying to get money for new gear. I'm planning on attending myself just have to get a go ahead to come again.
    If you will call me or Kelly, we may have a way to help you convince them!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Kelly,

I got the go ahead to attend and I'm registered, I've let Kurt know as well. Just tell him to keep his snow off the top of the mountain that weekend hehe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kelly,

I got the go ahead to attend and I'm registered, I've let Kurt know as well. Just tell him to keep his snow off the top of the mountain that weekend hehe.
    I am hearing you guy... now just pray to the snow Gods that they wait till I am long gone till dusting your hillsides!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Kelly,

Sounds great. I make NO PROMISES about the snow when the ICEMAN is in town!! Did you sign up online or fax me??

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    Sounds great. I make NO PROMISES about the snow when the ICEMAN is in town!! Did you sign up online or fax me??

Kelly
    He signe dup online Kelly. I am havong a slight glitch on registartion server which I am getting worked out and I will forwrad it to you. Put him on your list though.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I think the trip down the mountian will be OK. Getting back home is the issue I worry about. Kelly, maybe Alum Bank will host a live-in program that weekend if there is a storm.
    YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFIRE42 View Post
    I think the trip down the mountian will be OK. Getting back home is the issue I worry about. Kelly, maybe Alum Bank will host a live-in program that weekend if there is a storm.
    Maybe we can arrange that and call you all our "standby crew" while our department goes out of town for the annual banquet. LOL!! After some of the rumors I have heard about our couches in the upstairs, you dont want to do the live-in thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

My prayer request is in, I can deal with some snow. As long as we don't have what I experienced after the last class, a 14 hour marathon in station operating as a warming center. Worst comes to worst I may take you up on that standby offer Kelly. I work for sandwiches and coffee gee I'm cheap lol.

Is there still any openings for the grant writing seminar?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wcfspres View Post
    Of course there is:

Information:http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/do..._Alum-Bank.doc

Secure Registration Link:https://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/m...r_register.asp
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wcfspres View Post
    Wow Kurt, when did this post. I do not see how I missed this one. There is plenty of room wcfspres and we would be more than happy to have you. There was a benefit dinner in our hall this past weekend for another 10 year old from our area with cancer. Had over 350 people in our banquet hall. We are all praying for a positive outcome. With my nephew passing away in February, the children of the area realize how real this disease is!!

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    Wow Kurt, when did this post. I do not see how I missed this one. There is plenty of room wcfspres and we would be more than happy to have you. There was a benefit dinner in our hall this past weekend for another 10 year old from our area with cancer. Had over 350 people in our banquet hall. We are all praying for a positive outcome. With my nephew passing away in February, the children of the area realize how real this disease is!!

Kelly
    Kelly I just saw it appear today even though the date is weird. Had a lot of postings like that today that seem delayed by a week or so.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will still accept more attendees for the seminar in Alum Bank, PA next weekend. Class will start Saturday morning at 8:00 am. Looks like our auxiliary has the lunches all planned out so we should eat pretty good!! Now if we could get Kurt a computer so he can get back to posting. Sounds like he will be down til Tuesday.

Kelly

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Kelly I just saw it appear today even though the date is weird. Had a lot of postings like that today that seem delayed by a week or so.
    It was wcfspres first post. First posts get held-up somewhere until a nameless "moderator" approves you posting to the forum. Took almost two weeks for my first post to go up...
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Don't hesitate

Just a plug for everyone who is still debating. I took the course two weeks ago in TN and it was awesome! I can't wait to write my next grant with the information that he provided. I need to get better at plugging into this forum though...

Forum Member

Pigeon Forge TN, I was at Bristol driving around the track looking at Christmas lights on Friday, and met a guy said he was from PFFD selling kettle corn, nice guy, great kettle corn.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Pigeon Forge TN, I was at Bristol driving around the track looking at Christmas lights on Friday, and met a guy said he was from PFFD selling kettle corn, nice guy, great kettle corn.
    Lime I am heading up that way myself after Christmas. I hear the light displays are pretty impressive. Of course getting to drive on the tracks will be cool too. I will have to drive the wife's monte carlo instead of the truck so I can at least think I am cool driving the oval.

Forum Member

Hey you can almost drive up to the wall in turn three, really get the feel of the banking. take my kids over every year now just to say that I have drove on the track. Couple of years ago, you got to drive down the drag strip coming back toward the tower, but now you drive on the return lane beside the strip, still can get a nice run if the traffic is slow. We make a trip over to Pigeon Forge to see the lights and spend a couple of dollars at the outlet centers, and take in Bristol every year.

Thread Information