Thread: Need Help!

Forum Member

Question Need Help!

I'm from a rural fire department in Missouri. My question is does anyone know of all the possible grants that are available to small departments in Missouri? We are very active with the AFG grants with a few successful awards. I've heard of SEMA grants but that's about it. I'm sure there must be more out there for us but I have no idea on how to find out what kind of grants there are available for us. Thank you so much for helping!
    www.calhounfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Brian and Kurt have an extensive list of grants that are available on their websites.

Brian:

http://www.firegraphics.org/AvailableGrants.htm

Kurt:

http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/opengrants.asp

Forum Member

Coming up, I think 1st would be the Conservation Department matching funds grant. See your local forester.

Then AFG.

SEMA sometimes has money, however there is no set dates.
    See your local State Farm Rep, they have funds avalible some times.

Then there is always USDA, lots of hoops and depending on population and income base, a larger match.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by willings413 View Post
    I'm from a rural fire department in Missouri. My question is does anyone know of all the possible grants that are available to small departments in Missouri? We are very active with the AFG grants with a few successful awards. I've heard of SEMA grants but that's about it. I'm sure there must be more out there for us but I have no idea on how to find out what kind of grants there are available for us. Thank you so much for helping!
    Drew, part of being a good grant writer is learning how to propelry research and find funding opportunities. That is something that is taught in our seminars. Come over to Kansas City onn Feb 25-26, 2009 when we are there and come learn how to do this from A-Z!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information