Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tspivey701 View Post
    Are some models of the HT750 model going to make the P25 switch?
    Huh?

The HT750 is a model. There are no other models of the HT750. And this discussion has nothing to do with P25. This is about narrowbanding. Two completely different things. But I'll answer both.

The entire Waris series of radios from Motorola is analog only. This includes among other things, the 750/1250/1550 mobiles and portables. They do not and never will do P25 digital. However, they are all cable of doing narrowband.

The only Motorola radios that will do P25 digital ("astro") are the XTS series radios. The MT1500 and PR1500 can be flash upgraded to do P25 digital as well.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Some Guy

Somthing about the school buses made me remember something. We are on 471.225 and with out the PL we can here what sounds like a bus company. It is really terrible because they use the radio like a cell phone. We have not been able to locate them.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWickman View Post
    Somthing about the school buses made me remember something. We are on 471.225 and with out the PL we can here what sounds like a bus company. It is really terrible because they use the radio like a cell phone. We have not been able to locate them.
    What's your location? It's pretty easy to do a search of the FCC database and that might help you find the source.

Andy

Forum Member

Our county has school buses from another state come over our freq. We are scheduled to narrow band 2010. Hope that stops the problem. We don't know what the new freq. will be yet, because the Forestry Commission owns the repeaters and radio license. They are in the process of obtaining additional freq. that will be used when the narrow banding is done.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information