1. #251
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    And little, if anything, will change with the Democrats - as they add another Trillion to our nation's deficit and debt within the first months of a new administrations that will likely do nothing.

    No politician, regardless of party, really gives a rat's behind about most common people.
    Plenty will change, more people will live in section 8 housing, will be given food by the government, and free medical care. At the same time, the working person will be asked to give more to support those to lazy to work and failed policies like the fight against global cooling.

    You think your energy cost were high before, you haven't seen anything yet. NY recently started playing this cap and trade nonsense on carbon emissions. Our electricity bills are going through the roof.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 01-18-2009 at 07:57 AM.

  2. #252
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Plenty will change, more people will live in section 8 housing, will be given food by the government, and free medical care. At the same time, the working person will be asked to give more to support those to lazy to work and failed policies like the fight against global cooling.
    More blabbering from the Scareboy fever swamp. This is the same rhetoric that was heard in 1992.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You think your energy cost were high before, you haven't seen anything yet. NY recently started playing this cap and trade nonsense on carbon emissions. Our electricity bills are going through the roof.
    And how do you know this? Based on what?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #253
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    More blabbering from the Scareboy fever swamp. This is the same rhetoric that was heard in 1992.


    And how do you know this? Based on what?
    My friend, unless we can do something to make our businesses more competitive in a global economy we continue to lose jobs in America, this means fewer working people. Although I did see a recent suggestion that we give all the welfare recipients and inmates snow shovels and have them clean up the streets and sidewalks.

    I know that energy cost will raise because of the cap and trade tax. Utilities still need to make a certain profit. The cost of buying and selling carbon credits will just add to the cost of production, which will add to the end user cost. Businesses don't absorb taxes, they pass them on to the consumer.

  4. #254
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    My friend, unless we can do something to make our businesses more competitive in a global economy we continue to lose jobs in America, this means fewer working people. Although I did see a recent suggestion that we give all the welfare recipients and inmates snow shovels and have them clean up the streets and sidewalks.

    I know that energy cost will raise because of the cap and trade tax. Utilities still need to make a certain profit. The cost of buying and selling carbon credits will just add to the cost of production, which will add to the end user cost. Businesses don't absorb taxes, they pass them on to the consumer.
    More yawning here. All of your assertions are based upon hypotheticals.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #255
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    NY recently started playing this cap and trade nonsense on carbon emissions. Our electricity bills are going through the roof.
    Cap & Trade programs offer the most efficient way to reduce emissions. This only holds true if the levels of restrictions are marginal. The problem is that Obama's target is so strict it that it isn't economically feasible with present technology, and doesn't benefit anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    This is the same rhetoric that was heard in 1992.
    And it came to be true. Ross Perot is a wise man, more people should have listed to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    We know conservatives didn't. Given the lack of progress by the American worker in the last eight years.
    So you want to keep driving wages higher so that our country looks even less attractive when compared to foreign workers. How far do you think that wil take you?

    You claim to want things for the American Worker, but it's just a smoke screen. Raising wages and increasing benefits do nothing to sustain or create jobs.
    Last edited by txgp17; 01-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  6. #256
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Cap & Trade programs offer the most efficient way to reduce emissions. This only holds true if the levels of restrictions are marginal. The problem is that Obama's target is so strict it that it isn't economically feasible with present technology, and doesn't benefit anyone.And it came to be true. Ross Perot is a wise man, more people should have listed to him.So you want to keep driving wages higher so that our country looks even less attractive when compared to foreign workers. How far do you think that wil take you?

    You claim to want things for the American Worker, but it's just a smoke screen. Raising wages and increasing benefits do nothing to sustain or create jobs.
    His plan is to make the government be the sole provider and then no one will work.

  7. #257
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post

    You claim to want things for the American Worker, but it's just a smoke screen. Raising wages and increasing benefits do nothing to sustain or create jobs.
    Requiring those who export good to our markets should have the requirements for environmental and labor laws as the US. I'd rather bring them up than pull ours down.

    And how is the legal fight to make the claim that Obama isn't a citizen going?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  8. #258
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Requiring those who export good to our markets should have the requirements for environmental and labor laws as the US. I'd rather bring them up than pull ours down.
    How would you propose to impose that? There is no way to enforce such a farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And how is the legal fight to make the claim that Obama isn't a citizen going?
    Grasshopper, your searchfu is weak.

    You're either too lazy or too stupid to use Google.

    Two cases are still pending. One filed by retired Air Force Colonel Gregory S. Hollister. The other is sealed and no public information is available.

    You think this is a joke. It's not going away. The first person charged with breaking a law that Obama signs into existance will have clear standing to require him to prove he is a Natural Born Citizen. If his citizenship isn't proven, then it's an affirmative defense, as the law is no longer binding.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  9. #259
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Requiring those who export good to our markets should have the requirements for environmental and labor laws as the US. I'd rather bring them up than pull ours down.

    And how is the legal fight to make the claim that Obama isn't a citizen going?
    How is that any different from invading a coverings nation? You are still imposing the will of the US and way of living upon a nation who cannot support it. That is like trying to eliminate poverty by making everyone millionaires, of course the only way to do that is to take away from the rich.

    But here is a funny, 84% of the people approve of the way Obama is handling the transition. However the headline reads Poll: Obama's popularity grows. At any rate, a transition requires a hand off from one party to the next, meaning they also approve of the job Bush is doing,

  10. #260
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    How would you propose to impose that? There is no way to enforce such a farce...
    LMAO!!! We can't even enforce our own labor laws. Look at the millions of illegal workers in this country.

  11. #261
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    How would you propose to impose that? There is no way to enforce such a farce.
    There are many ways. The affected industries in America might be motivated to fund the mechanism that would ensure compliance. Or the US places as many barriers to imports from that country as they have on ours. This is not difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Grasshopper, your searchfu is weak.

    You're either too lazy or too stupid to use Google.
    More like not interested knowing the case will burrow in.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Two cases are still pending. One filed by retired Air Force Colonel Gregory S. Hollister. The other is sealed and no public information is available.

    You think this is a joke. It's not going away. The first person charged with breaking a law that Obama signs into existance will have clear standing to require him to prove he is a Natural Born Citizen. If his citizenship isn't proven, then it's an affirmative defense, as the law is no longer binding.
    Actually it is a joke. You just haven't realized yet that you're the punchline.

    Here's a thought. Since you're so sure of your position. Why don't you be the test case? Break one of the laws Obama signs and make your claim it is void because he isn't a natural born citizen. Then let us know how it works out for you.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-19-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #262
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    How is that any different from invading a coverings nation? You are still imposing the will of the US and way of living upon a nation who cannot support it. That is like trying to eliminate poverty by making everyone millionaires, of course the only way to do that is to take away from the rich.
    Using your logic, that means you would rather everyone in the US be brought down to the level of those other nations. Let me know how that works out getting support.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    But here is a funny, 84% of the people approve of the way Obama is handling the transition. However the headline reads Poll: Obama's popularity grows. At any rate, a transition requires a hand off from one party to the next, meaning they also approve of the job Bush is doing,
    It means they approve of the job Bush is doing in getting the hell out of town.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #263
    Forum Member
    FIGHTING3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Bush is a cool cat, did good.

    Looking forward to Obama adding to our history.

  14. #264
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Using your logic, that means you would rather everyone in the US be brought down to the level of those other nations. Let me know how that works out getting support.
    That is what the liberals want, tax the rich and give it to the poor. Or in other words, bring the rich down to their level by redistributing wealth. That is Obama's plan as well.

    The real problem is that we have gone from an American economy during the industrial revolution to a global economy. Once that playing field is level and balanced then the American economy will grow again.

    The only way the American economy will rebound is if the global economy rebounds. And that doesn't guarantee the economy will get better. We need to be able to compete against these other countries in a global economy. If the people in Europe have the choice of buying a Chinese widget for half the price of an American widget, which do you think they will buy? Like it or not, the American worker is in for a rude awakening, as are our businesses and governments.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 01-20-2009 at 08:15 AM.

  15. #265
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING3rd View Post
    Bush is a cool cat, did good.

    Looking forward to Obama adding to our history.
    Yes Bush did a good job given the bag of crap he had to deal with it. He had the events of 9-11. The economy was in recession when he took office (not that a president controls the economy). Then there was the Katrina fiasco, which was caused by the mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana. Don't forget, Katrina also hit Mississippi, and there weren't any problems there. He stood up to the rogue regimes like those of Saddam Hussein. Essentially he told Saddam to play by the rules and we weren't taking no for an answer. There hasn't been a terror attack on the U.S. since 9-11-2001, prior to that we were getting hit 3 and 4 times a year. History will look back and see this era as one of the safest of all. Farewell to a good president and my his successor live up to his standards.

  16. #266
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    That is what the liberals want, tax the rich and give it to the poor. Or in other words, bring the rich down to their level by redistributing wealth. That is Obama's plan as well.

    The real problem is that we have gone from an American economy during the industrial revolution to a global economy. Once that playing field is level and balanced then the American economy will grow again.

    The only way the American economy will rebound is if the global economy rebounds. And that doesn't guarantee the economy will get better. We need to be able to compete against these other countries in a global economy. If the people in Europe have the choice of buying a Chinese widget for half the price of an American widget, which do you think they will buy? Like it or not, the American worker is in for a rude awakening, as are our businesses and governments.
    Please do us a favor and go read your credit card agreements. When you understand something that simple, you might be on your way to understanding something as complex as economic policy.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  17. #267
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Yes Bush did a good job given the bag of crap he had to deal with it. He had the events of 9-11. The economy was in recession when he took office (not that a president controls the economy). Then there was the Katrina fiasco, which was caused by the mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana. Don't forget, Katrina also hit Mississippi, and there weren't any problems there. He stood up to the rogue regimes like those of Saddam Hussein. Essentially he told Saddam to play by the rules and we weren't taking no for an answer. There hasn't been a terror attack on the U.S. since 9-11-2001, prior to that we were getting hit 3 and 4 times a year. History will look back and see this era as one of the safest of all. Farewell to a good president and my his successor live up to his standards.
    Bush did a good job of what? The economy was in recession when he took office. He did nothing except go to the ranch and clear brush. He was warned about 9/11 about a month before the event, and did nothing but go to the ranch and clear brush. Katrina did hit Mississippi. The levees didn't fail in MS (if they had any). His appearance was one of nonchalance and then praised a FEMA Director who had no business being in that position (appointed by the Bush), after what could be considered a collossal failure. He invaded Iraq under what could be consider specious circumstances. I always like how conservatives hold the UN in disdain but use it as the reason for invading Iraq. The UN has also condemned Israel for its actions in Gaza. So when are you going to advocate the US take military action against Israel? Don't even get me started on those around him who outed a covert CIA agent and the implications that had towards national security.

    You continue to believe the President has no influence or control over the economy. If cluelessness were currency, you would have never had to worry about going BK.

    Obama has such a low bar to jump over he could go into the Oval Office and sleep for four years and do less damage. Those of us who bothered to look into Bush's past recognized immediately the man had been coddled his entire life and ruined just about everything he touched.

    Good riddance.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-20-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #268
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    The economy was in recession when he took office. He did nothing except go to the ranch and clear brush.
    What an idiotic statement. I'll just say "not true" as that's all that comment merits.

    He was warned about 9/11 about a month before the event, and did nothing but go to the ranch and clear brush.
    Ditto. Idiotic statement. At least he wasn't offered Bin Laden and decided to bomb an aspirin factory instead.

    Katrina did hit Mississippi. The levees didn't fail in MS (if they had any). His appearance was one of nonchalance and then praised a FEMA Director who had no business being in that position (appointed by the Bush), after what could be considered a collossal failure.
    Certainly a misstep. Should have been more connected. However, the "failure of FEMA" is largely overstated. I think the expectations on the part of the local and state governments were largely to blame.

    He invaded Iraq under what could be consider specious circumstances. I always like how conservatives hold the UN in disdain but use it as the reason for invading Iraq. The UN has also condemned Israel for its actions in Gaza. So when are you going to advocate the US take military action against Israel?
    Yet, all those democrats and other nations agreed with his decision at the time. So, you need to revise your statement about it being a specious circumstance. It was the popular decision at the time.

    Don't even get me started on those around him who outed a covert CIA agent and the implications that had towards national security.
    You should point the finger at Libby for that, not Bush. Bush did not disclose this.

    Implications? Please, just a little dramatic.

    Do a little reading about how poor ol' Valerie has made out with her book and movie deals. By the way, Nicole Kidman will be playing her in the movie.

    Probably the best thing that ever happened to her.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  19. #269
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=849

    Remember when Sept 11 happened,how people were worried that that was just the beginning?
    Remember the words that President Bush said that made people believe that here was a President who was going to do something to stop terrorist from thinking that they would have it easy attacking the US and not have a response?
    Since Barrack Obama's middle name is Hussein,I am betting that there are people who figure that he is one of them and won't mind if they attack the United States again.
    He'd better mind.As soon as he raises his right hand and says "I,Barrack Hussein Obama...." the safety of this country will be HIS sole responsibility.He cannot blame George Bush if we get attacked 9 months from now any more than George Bush was allowed to blame Bill Clinton for Sept 11,2001.
    He won't be alble to handle the glad handing and then let Joe Biden take over when it gets too rough for him to think up a response.
    Obama will be the President for good or ill.

  20. #270
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Using your logic, that means you would rather everyone in the US be brought down to the level of those other nations. Let me know how that works out getting support.
    If everyone else is world is determined to stay at those levels, then we have no choice.

    By meddling with a free market, you will only postpone the inevitable. We can choose to slowly lower our own standards gradually in the long-term and survive, or inflate them and prop them up with government intervention, only to see a sudden and complete collapse in the future. Either way, the standard will fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I think the expectations on the part of the local and state governments were largely to blame.
    That the important part that Bush bashers intentionally omit. The majority of the failures during Katrina were at the local level.


    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  21. #271
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=849

    Remember when Sept 11 happened,how people were worried that that was just the beginning?
    Remember the words that President Bush said that made people believe that here was a President who was going to do something to stop terrorist from thinking that they would have it easy attacking the US and not have a response?
    Since Barrack Obama's middle name is Hussein,I am betting that there are people who figure that he is one of them and won't mind if they attack the United States again.
    He'd better mind.As soon as he raises his right hand and says "I,Barrack Hussein Obama...." the safety of this country will be HIS sole responsibility.He cannot blame George Bush if we get attacked 9 months from now any more than George Bush was allowed to blame Bill Clinton for Sept 11,2001.
    He won't be alble to handle the glad handing and then let Joe Biden take over when it gets too rough for him to think up a response.
    Obama will be the President for good or ill.

    Excellent point. We all know that what he did made us safer, there were no more attacks after 9-11-2001. I give the incoming administration a 6 month pass on setting up security and making it theirs. One does not walk into the oval office and instantly have a complete handle on everything. Rest assured, Bush or people from his administraiton will still play a role for a few months.

  22. #272
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You continue to believe the President has no influence or control over the economy. If cluelessness were currency, you would have never had to worry about going BK.
    Governmental policy has an effect on the economy. But it cannot control the economy. It is true if the President pushes for more taxes this will have a negative effect on the economy. More stringent governmental regulations will also have a negative effect. In a global economy, we need to make out businesses competitive with other businesses in other parts of the world.

    Jobs are leaving this country and going to China, Mexico, India, and a large number of other places. Ask Why? The answer is it is easier and cheaper to manufacture goods in those other countries. And the people in Europe who are purchasing those goods could care less who has the better wages, tougher environmental regulations, or better working conditions. When they evaluate products from the US against those from China they look at one thing - COST.

  23. #273
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rural Iowa
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Is it OK to laugh now at this merry bunch of fools????

    A "poet". My 4 year old could do better.
    A "minister". What was this guy on.
    He can't prepare by reading thru the oath of office (perhaps was getting an intro and explanation of this "Consititution" thing to which he swore and oath).

    Let's party bros and dudes! Bush is gone.

  24. #274
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Benediction at Obama 's inauguration, Rev. Joseph Lowery:
    Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow can be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.
    Last edited by txgp17; 01-20-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  25. #275
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Governmental policy has an effect on the economy. But it cannot control the economy. It is true if the President pushes for more taxes this will have a negative effect on the economy. More stringent governmental regulations will also have a negative effect. In a global economy, we need to make out businesses competitive with other businesses in other parts of the world.

    Jobs are leaving this country and going to China, Mexico, India, and a large number of other places. Ask Why? The answer is it is easier and cheaper to manufacture goods in those other countries. And the people in Europe who are purchasing those goods could care less who has the better wages, tougher environmental regulations, or better working conditions. When they evaluate products from the US against those from China they look at one thing - COST.
    Thank you for your continued hysterical rantings.

    They make my day.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Auzzies And Obama
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum News Center
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
  2. IAFF endorses Obama
    By LtTony in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 1124
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
  3. Chicago FD to prepare for Obama
    By jonnyirons2 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM
  4. Another Obama Character Flaw?
    By PhillyRube in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
  5. Ok!Obama may have the crossover Vote!
    By coldfront in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register