1. #51
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Secondly, I don't hate America. Quite the contrary, I love America. I am merely expressing my constitutional right to freedom of speech in showing my displeasure of the new regime that will take over on January 20, 2009. You know about that freedom of speech thing, right? Oh, no, wait.....Socialists (and socialist is a polite way of saying "communist") HATE the Constitution!
    Anyone who would criticize a president while there are troops in harm's way must hate America. Why don't you go back to reading Mao's Little Red Book? You won't like it since there are no pictures.

    You say you love America. That's what all those long haired hippie types said when they were protesting the war and burning flags. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-05-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #52
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I am, as you would expect, unhappy. Not with the election results, but with the future. And for the Record, I'd be saying the same thing if Sen. McCain would have won. My problem with the Obama Administration will be "Green" Issues, along with Common Sense and Political Correctness Crap. Anytime there is a Question raised about changing something to be more "Green", I look at it from a Cost-Benefit standpoint. If it's not worth it, I say so. Period. Sen. Obama has made some, to me anyway, frightening statements about Fuel Use in this Nation, particularly in the area of Coal and Oil. In my opinion, there are currently too many restrictions on Coal to begin with, Coal needs a less restrictive Government, not more. Same can be said for Oil, regardless of where it comes from. This Once Great Nation has pretty well lost it's Steel Industry to Competition from overseas, Not because of Technology or Ability, but because of Restrictive Environmental Laws. Since no other Country cares about the Environment, this Nation can not "Save the Planet" alone and it needs to realize that, drop the Green Crap and start dealing with important issues.
    I'm with you 100% on this one. You think energy was expensive last summer? Wait until we implement carbon taxes. Already the greens have given us ethanol, with a whole bunch of subsidies for the growing of corn for ethanol. This caused food prices to climb world wide as well as fuel costs. And in the end, there is more CO2 released into the air. But wait, they weren't done yet. Next they pushed for low sulfur diesel fuels. Which just happens to be the same stuff that runs my furnace. The result, my heating oil costs me 80 cents a gallon more now. Now I realize in places like LA were they only car about AC this is no big deal. But those of us in the down to earth rural areas care. And guess who gets the programs to offset that cost, the un-working people. It's getting to the point of being profitable to not work and let the government provide for you. Your biggest worry and complaint is the 3 hours you have to sit in the waiting room.

    As for the Global Warming nonsense - it has been happening for a million years without man, so it is a safe bet to say it will continue without him. Just look at the stuff put out by Al Hore. It shows that the earth goes through glacial and inter glacial periods about every 125,000 years. What is happening now is not unusual, but rather par for the course
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 11-05-2008 at 08:18 PM.

  3. #53
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Maybe someone addressed this maybe not..what if anything will Obama do more or less for the Fire Service specifically. Are we going to lose our grants to pay for his agenda?

    Just curious


    Cogs

  4. #54
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Typical. You miss the point. 90% of the people who vote are CLUELESS!!!! As proof, look at DE where Obama got 95% of the vote from the black community. Do you really believe 95% of those people were really in line with what Obama was selling. Do you even thing that 25% could tell you where he stood on the issues? Do you think they could speak intelligently about the issues and wht they effects might be?
    How very elitist of you to determine what is best for others. That's how commies and socialists act.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Thats OK. I want to find out who initially predicted this, he was off by 14, DOW was down 486. And like their wisdom or not, It's a heck of a lot better than they crap coming from Hollywood. And it is what drives the economy
    The crap coming out of Hollywood drives the economy? Who knew?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You leave, I was here first.

    But seriously. If we had an intelligent voting public neither of those two would have been on the ballot. It was JFK who found out that getting elected as president was more about being a pretty face and being likable than providing substance. This all happened because of the Television
    Blame it on the media. You should move to a place where the people think like you. That place isn't here.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #55
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I would argue that many of the decisions to ship those industries overseas was more the result of usurious corporate greed.
    You seem to forget, those corporations are made up of people, many of whom own stocks in those companies. So it isn't just corporate greed, but also personal greed. And let's face it the American consumer doesn't help. They will almost always buy the cheapest product. So if my American company has to compete with the Chinese company, guess who wins, the Chinese company.

    No sir, it isn't greed that drives them oversees, it is survival.

  6. #56
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How very elitist of you to determine what is best for others. That's how commies and socialists act.
    I am not trying to determine what is best for others. What I want is for those others to make intelligent educated decisions so that their poor decisions don't affect me.

  7. #57
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Typical. You miss the point. 90% of the people who vote are CLUELESS!!!! As proof, look at DE where Obama got 95% of the vote from the black community. Do you really believe 95% of those people were really in line with what Obama was selling. Do you even thing that 25% could tell you where he stood on the issues? Do you think they could speak intelligently about the issues and wht they effects might be?
    There is one problem with all the "black people voted for Obama because he was black" arguments. You guys are ignoring the last presidential elections:

    How black people voted:

    2008 Obama 95% McCain 4%
    2004 Kerry 88% Bush 11%
    2000 Gore 90% Bush 9%
    1996 Clinton 84% Dole 12%
    1992 Clinton 83% Bush Sr. 10%
    1988 Dukakis 89% Bush Sr. 11%
    1984 Mondale 91% Reagan 9%

    If you look at history it seems much more likely that the reasons blacks voted for Obama is not because he is black, it was because he is a democrat. If you look at these numbers you can clearly see that the black vote has always supported the white-democrat prospect for POTUS in very loop-sided numbers.

    83-91% of blacks have always historically voted for the Democrat. So why does it make them racist this year? At the most you have a 4% increase in black people that voted for Obama this year because he is black.

    Source
    Last edited by MarcusKspn; 11-05-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Edited to include source for my numbers.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  8. #58
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    So true. Headlines like that keep referring to race simply point that out. It's just that now the racism has gone the other way. Who really cares? The fact is the African American community voted for Obama by 80%. That shows how much racism exists
    Do you even know the definition of racism? Considering who actually has suffered over the last two hundred years, you might drop your arrogant stupidity for a minute.

  9. #59
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I am not trying to determine what is best for others. What I want is for those others to make intelligent educated decisions so that their poor decisions don't affect me.
    And how do you know the people you criticize don't believe the same about you?

    And how do you know there decisions are any less or more critical than yours? Because they disagree?

    Commies think like you.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #60
    Forum Member
    jlcooke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Anyone who would criticize a president while there are troops in harm's way must hate America. Why don't you go back to reading Mao's Little Red Book? You won't like it since there are no pictures.

    You say you love America. That's what all those long haired hippie types said when they were protesting the war and burning flags. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Coming from you this obviously your attempt at humor. Right?

  11. #61
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    If you look at history it seems much more likely that the reasons blacks voted for Obama is not because he is black, it was because he is a democrat.
    You might as well cease your attempts at logical communication with this clown. He'll just cut and paste some other ridiculous notion he finds on Fox News, rightwing website, or AM radio. I mean, the suffering of whites in this nation at the hands of rampant black racism is just so overwhelming, isn't it? Every time I hear some righty spouting this worn out Rush line, I laugh my *** off.

  12. #62
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    More numbers:

    Election Results by race:

    Obama McCain
    White 43% 55%
    Black 95% 4%
    Latino 67% 31%
    Asian 62% 35%
    Other 66% 31%

    If you look at all these numbers one thing sticks out at you.

    The ONLY group that McCain won was whites. Is that because whites are racist? The white guy won the white vote, so that must make white guy racist. After all, the black guy won the black vote, so that means they are racist. And the Latino guy won the latino vote.......wait...but the asians voted for the asian guy.......
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  13. #63
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    The ONLY group that McCain won was whites. Is that because whites are racist? The white guy won the white vote, so that must make white guy racist. After all, the black guy won the black vote, so that means they are racist. And the Latino guy won the latino vote.......wait...but the asians voted for the asian guy.......
    Now remember, the black population was only voting for the black half of Obama. Their unbridled racism would never let them vote for the white half.

  14. #64
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Now remember, the black population was only voting for the black half of Obama. Their unbridled racism would never let them vote for the white half.
    I think if you look at all the numbers, for ALL the groups, they pretty much voted the way they have always voted.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  15. #65
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Anyone who would criticize a president while there are troops in harm's way must hate America. Why don't you go back to reading Mao's Little Red Book? You won't like it since there are no pictures.
    Hmmmm I seem to remember someone spouting off the phrase "Idiot-in-Chief" multiple times, but we'll get back to that later.

    In the meantime, when did I criticize a president?

    And the book does have one picture, it's on the cover....It's a picture of Nancy, Harry, Obama, and you standing behind them on their coat tails.

    One question for you- Do you believe in redistribution of wealth?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  16. #66
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Now remember, the black population was only voting for the black half of Obama. Their unbridled racism would never let them vote for the white half.
    And in a sad way, you are actually more true than you probably think.

    If you are mixed, whites will treat you as a black man, and blacks will treat you as a white man.....
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  17. #67
    Forum Member
    sfd1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFPCogs08 View Post
    Maybe someone addressed this maybe not..what if anything will Obama do more or less for the Fire Service specifically. Are we going to lose our grants to pay for his agenda?

    Just curious


    Cogs
    Hopefully, with the majorities in congress, we will finally get a national collective bargaining bill passed for our brothers and sisters in the states that don't have it.

    As far as grants and agendas, who knows? The man has been Pres-elect for less than 24 hours for gawdsakes.

  18. #68
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Congrats to President-Elect Obama.

    I didn't vote for him but seeing people lined up at the polls for hours to vote how can I even remotely be upset?

    Seeing people actually in the streets celebrating after an election is something I would have never believed.

  19. #69
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Hmmmm I seem to remember someone spouting off the phrase "Idiot-in-Chief" multiple times, but we'll get back to that later.
    You must have missed the part where I said I'm a born again patriot.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    In the meantime, when did I criticize a president?
    What was your purpose in posting the Soviet National Anthem?

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    And the book does have one picture, it's on the cover....It's a picture of Nancy, Harry, Obama, and you standing behind them on their coat tails.
    Don't give up your day job. If you even have a job.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    One question for you- Do you believe in redistribution of wealth?
    Sure. As long as its done under the conditions as outlined by our Constitution.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #70
    Forum Member
    edge1317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    There is one problem with all the "black people voted for Obama because he was black" arguments. You guys are ignoring the last presidential elections:

    How black people voted:

    2008 Obama 95% McCain 4%
    2004 Kerry 88% Bush 11%
    2000 Gore 90% Bush 9%
    1996 Clinton 84% Dole 12%
    1992 Clinton 83% Bush Sr. 10%
    1988 Dukakis 89% Bush Sr. 11%
    1984 Mondale 91% Reagan 9%

    If you look at history it seems much more likely that the reasons blacks voted for Obama is not because he is black, it was because he is a democrat. If you look at these numbers you can clearly see that the black vote has always supported the white-democrat prospect for POTUS in very loop-sided numbers.

    83-91% of blacks have always historically voted for the Democrat. So why does it make them racist this year? At the most you have a 4% increase in black people that voted for Obama this year because he is black.

    Source
    In previous elections blacks made up 8%-11% of the voters (using your source), if the percentage is significantly higher this election I think "black voted for black" argument has some merit. How much merit? I don't know.
    Last edited by edge1317; 11-06-2008 at 03:24 AM.

  21. #71
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edge1317 View Post
    In previous elections blacks made up 8%-11% of the voters (using your souce), if the percentage is significantly higher this election I think "black voted for black" argument has some merit. How much merit? I don't know.
    This year they made up 13% of the vote according to CNN. The last cencus put the percentage of American who are African American at 12.9%.

    If nothing else, then good for them to come out and vote and make a difference.

    Based on them being 13% of voters and 12.9% of the total population, I don't think that they made a disproportionate impact on this election.
    Last edited by MarcusKspn; 11-06-2008 at 01:30 AM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  22. #72
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    On a related note, whites make up 80.1% of the population, but only 74% of the votes. So it seems like there were a lot of people that did not get off their butts to vote.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  23. #73
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Originally Posted by FFPCogs08
    Maybe someone addressed this maybe not..what if anything will Obama do more or less for the Fire Service specifically. Are we going to lose our grants to pay for his agenda?

    Just curious


    Cogs
    The current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue sought to drastically cut and even eliminate the AFG program to pay for his agenda.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  24. #74
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    There is one problem with all the "black people voted for Obama because he was black" arguments. You guys are ignoring the last presidential elections:

    How black people voted:

    2008 Obama 95% McCain 4%
    2004 Kerry 88% Bush 11%
    2000 Gore 90% Bush 9%
    1996 Clinton 84% Dole 12%
    1992 Clinton 83% Bush Sr. 10%
    1988 Dukakis 89% Bush Sr. 11%
    1984 Mondale 91% Reagan 9%

    If you look at history it seems much more likely that the reasons blacks voted for Obama is not because he is black, it was because he is a democrat. If you look at these numbers you can clearly see that the black vote has always supported the white-democrat prospect for POTUS in very loop-sided numbers.

    83-91% of blacks have always historically voted for the Democrat. So why does it make them racist this year? At the most you have a 4% increase in black people that voted for Obama this year because he is black.

    Source
    Excellent post. I'll give you that one. However the next question is why are blacks so in tune with the democratic way of thinking? I know of many who are successful, own businesses, and are CEOs. It seems like a greater percentage would be republican, unless it comes from years of being fed the same lines.

  25. #75
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Do you even know the definition of racism? Considering who actually has suffered over the last two hundred years, you might drop your arrogant stupidity for a minute.
    Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
    So when one brings up race, there is some racism. In this case, the media, Jesse Jackson, Colin Powell, all of those who said a black man finally did it are in one way or another saying that he was inferior because he was black and that he overcame the odds. Statements like I never thought I would see the day. Also portray an image of inferiority. You people need to grow up. Obama is a man the same as anyone else on these forums. There is nothing spectacular or odd about him. Stop playing the race card and racism will go away.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Auzzies And Obama
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum News Center
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
  2. IAFF endorses Obama
    By LtTony in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 1124
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. Chicago FD to prepare for Obama
    By jonnyirons2 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM
  4. Another Obama Character Flaw?
    By PhillyRube in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 10:39 PM
  5. Ok!Obama may have the crossover Vote!
    By coldfront in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register