Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And how do you know the people you criticize don't believe the same about you?

And how do you know there decisions are any less or more critical than yours? Because they disagree?

Commies think like you.
    When you hear things like How do I know who to vote for? How do I know if I am Republican or Democrat? You pretty much know they are clueless. My friend even said to them, don't worry about the party, pick the one that most aligns with your views on the issues. We are both having a good laugh over this. To get an idea of how uneducated people are just watch Jennie Most (sp) or Jay Leno when the interview people in the street. A lot of people are pulling the lever without a clue as to why, and in a lot of cases because someone told them which lever to pull. My 23 year old son doesn't follow politics or care anything about it, but just like me, he voted for Bob Barr.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    More numbers:

Election Results by race:

Obama McCain
    White 43% 55%
    Black 95% 4%
    Latino 67% 31%
    Asian 62% 35%
    Other 66% 31%

If you look at all these numbers one thing sticks out at you.

The ONLY group that McCain won was whites. Is that because whites are racist? The white guy won the white vote, so that must make white guy racist. After all, the black guy won the black vote, so that means they are racist. And the Latino guy won the latino vote.......wait...but the asians voted for the asian guy.......
    Here is another one for you

Age yrs. Obamaa McCain
    18-29 66% 32%
    30-44 52% 46%
    45-64 50% 49%
    65 + 45% 53%

So as people got older, wiser, more experienced they stayed away from Obama.

You will also note that McCain got an even vote between whites. Shows that whites are less concerned about race than the others.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sfd1992 View Post
    Hopefully, with the majorities in congress, we will finally get a national collective bargaining bill passed for our brothers and sisters in the states that don't have it.

As far as grants and agendas, who knows? The man has been Pres-elect for less than 24 hours for gawdsakes.
    Heck man, he has never done anything, so no one really knows what he will do. At this time it's anybodies guess.

Banned

And in a sad way, you are actually more true than you probably think.

If you are mixed, whites will treat you as a black man, and blacks will treat you as a white man.....
    Actually, I see it the other way around. If you are mixed, you are treated like a black by all races. What is really funny is that all blacks don't come from Africa.

Banned

This year they made up 13% of the vote according to CNN. The last cencus put the percentage of American who are African American at 12.9%.

If nothing else, then good for them to come out and vote and make a difference.

Based on them being 13% of voters and 12.9% of the total population, I don't think that they made a disproportionate impact on this election.
    I also saw that the number of first time voters was up a great deal as well. Seems they are hiding all of this data. It's hard to find.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You will also note that McCain got an even vote between whites. Shows that whites are less concerned about race than the others.
    Nonsense.......
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Excellent post. I'll give you that one. However the next question is why are blacks so in tune with the democratic way of thinking? I know of many who are successful, own businesses, and are CEOs. It seems like a greater percentage would be republican, unless it comes from years of being fed the same lines.
    For that I have no real answer, historically it was the Republican party who championed against slavery and more Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The Republican Party needs to do some deep soul-searching and find its Identity again and find out why it lost so many voters this year.

Here is another one for you

Age yrs. Obamaa McCain
    18-29 66% 32%
    30-44 52% 46%
    45-64 50% 49%
    65 + 45% 53%

So as people got older, wiser, more experienced they stayed away from Obama.
    That is pretty open to speculation. Did the older population vote McCain because they are wiser and more experienced? Is there more lingering racism in the older population that actually lived through segregation and MLK? Or are old people simply creatures of habit? Are young people stupid, or are they just idealistic? Do young people believe that they actually can vote for Obama and really make a difference whereas old people are so disenchanted with the system that has not changed that they voted for the same old - same old candidate?I would love to find some really detailed exit polls that might break down what was import (economy, security, hope, etc....) for each each group.

The white vote did go from 58% Bush 41% Kerry in 2004, and was 55% McCain and 43% Obama this year. So us whites were certainly able to get up and vote for Obama.

If you look historically all the percentages (race, rep vs. dem, etc...) did not change by very much (we are talking going 1-3% movement in pretty much all categories.) And Obama got more votes to be our next president than anybody in history before him.

This election year was a perfect storm: 2 wars, the economy is tanking, pathetic approval ratings for both Bush and Congress (Dems and Reps alike). And I really believe that above race, people were just so tired of the same old crap, that the time was right for a guy to stand the system on its head.

The great thing is this: If he's crap, we can try again in 4 years, if he is good we keep him 4 more. If the guy/woman after him is crap we have 4 years till we try again. That is the American way.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

Nonsense.......
    A higher percentage of whites did vote for the Democrat in 2008 (Obama) than in (2004). I think a shift of 3% points from Republican to Democrat could very well be seen as affirmation that whites did not care about race.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

A higher percentage of whites did vote for the Democrat in 2008 (Obama) than in (2004). I think a shift of 3% points from Republican to Democrat could very well be seen as affirmation that whites did not care about race.
    I was commenting on ScareCrow's comment about the older/wiser one gets the less probability they would vote for Obama.

I doubt wisdom was a factor in their vote.

Forum Member

Actually, I see it the other way around. If you are mixed, you are treated like a black by all races. What is really funny is that all blacks don't come from Africa.
    True. The All Blacks are a soccer ( football to the rest of the world ) team fro New Zealand.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Well, it's now Thursday and the sun still came up in the East. It's actually a beautiful day here in sunny (and now BLUE ) Fla.

My point? The election is over, the people (all colors) have spoken. It's time to move on, start the heeling and get ready to help the next president return this country to greatness.

Peace...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Aren't the All Blacks rugby? Might be wrong there can't keep those two straight. Isn't anything like Aussie Rules Football though. ( Footie)
    Rule #1 There are no rules
    Rule#2 See Rule #1

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    True. The All Blacks are a soccer ( football to the rest of the world ) team fro New Zealand.

Banned

For that I have no real answer, historically it was the Republican party who championed against slavery and more Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The Republican Party needs to do some deep soul-searching and find its Identity again and find out why it lost so many voters this year.

That is pretty open to speculation. Did the older population vote McCain because they are wiser and more experienced? Is there more lingering racism in the older population that actually lived through segregation and MLK? Or are old people simply creatures of habit? Are young people stupid, or are they just idealistic? Do young people believe that they actually can vote for Obama and really make a difference whereas old people are so disenchanted with the system that has not changed that they voted for the same old - same old candidate?I would love to find some really detailed exit polls that might break down what was import (economy, security, hope, etc....) for each each group.

The white vote did go from 58% Bush 41% Kerry in 2004, and was 55% McCain and 43% Obama this year. So us whites were certainly able to get up and vote for Obama.

If you look historically all the percentages (race, rep vs. dem, etc...) did not change by very much (we are talking going 1-3% movement in pretty much all categories.) And Obama got more votes to be our next president than anybody in history before him.

This election year was a perfect storm: 2 wars, the economy is tanking, pathetic approval ratings for both Bush and Congress (Dems and Reps alike). And I really believe that above race, people were just so tired of the same old crap, that the time was right for a guy to stand the system on its head.

The great thing is this: If he's crap, we can try again in 4 years, if he is good we keep him 4 more. If the guy/woman after him is crap we have 4 years till we try again. That is the American way.
    You are right about that. It's just like the Reagan years all over again.

Banned

I was commenting on ScareCrow's comment about the older/wiser one gets the less probability they would vote for Obama.

I doubt wisdom was a factor in their vote.
    WOW!!!! Talk about spin. You need to slow down there ole dizzy one. The comment about older and wiser referred to the age of the voters. Had absolutely nothing to do with Whites not caring about race. Kind of early to be hitting the sauce isn't?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983 View Post
    Well, it's now Thursday and the sun still came up in the East. It's actually a beautiful day here in sunny (and now BLUE ) Fla.

My point? The election is over, the people (all colors) have spoken. It's time to move on, start the heeling and get ready to help the next president return this country to greatness.

Peace...
    Actually, we the people need to speak louder than ever to keep the elite of this country from imposing all kinds of burdens on the tax payer. Of course since no one really knows what Obama is all about we have no way of knowing which way he will try to steer the ship.

I see the DOW is down another 300 points. Looks like Obama is not the best candidate for the economy.

Banned

Here is one thing I am looking forward too. When people start complaining I'm going to be doing a lot of smiling and uttering the words "I told you so."

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is one thing I am looking forward too. When people start complaining I'm going to be doing a lot of smiling and uttering the words "I told you so."
    When the lovefest crashes it's going to be the fault of whitie, those nasty Republicans, __________.

My 1st prediction was correct. Dow took a dive Wed and again today. Anyone with a pulse should be able to figure out that the socialsts are going to be bad for the economy. Lets hope the new crew has SOME wisdom and don't try the silly old "First 100 Days" BS. AGAIN.

CFEI / CFII

Actually, we the people need to speak louder than ever to keep the elite of this country from imposing all kinds of burdens on the tax payer. Of course since no one really knows what Obama is all about we have no way of knowing which way he will try to steer the ship.

I see the DOW is down another 300 points. Looks like Obama is not the best candidate for the economy.

Pelosi scares me more than Obama does now. Obama may be our next President but Pelosi will be running the country as she pulls the puppet strings of Obama

When fire is cried and danger is neigh,
    "God and the firemen" is the people's cry;
    But when 'tis out and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the firemen slighted.
    ~Author unknown, from The Fireman's Journal, 18 Oct 1879

Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    True! and I have the sweat shirt to prove it. People ask me all the time what it is.
    This space for rent

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    Pelosi scares me more than Obama does now. Obama may be our next President but Pelosi will be running the country as she pulls the puppet strings of Obama
    While Pelosi scares me, she has already proven to be an ineffective leader. I believe Obama will be leading her around by the ring in her nose.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

While Pelosi scares me, she has already proven to be an ineffective leader. I believe Obama will be leading her around by the ring in her nose.
    Why would you consider that a bad thing?

I love your BS hypotheticals. The rantings from the fever swamp are in full gear and Inauguration hasn't even happened yet.

This is going to be an entertaining four years reading the nonsense that will be put on these boards.

Forum Member

Remember that she is also now third in line for Presidency of the United States (as she has been for 2 years.) Pretty sad overall for a gutless person who does not have the intestinal fortitude to do what is truly right and needed in this country's legislative leadership.

Congress' approval rating will still be in the toilet because they are beholden to special interests. While the Dems decry special interests and lambaste Republicans for theirs - they are just as succeptible and at the whim of their own special interests. And a very large percentage of those companies that throw a ton of money to Republican candidates also throw about the same amount of money to the Dems.

Politicians of both parties are useless boobs (don't anyone get excited here because I used the term "boobs" ) and don't really give a rat's behind about us or they would actually work to solve our problems.

So on top of me waiting with baited breath for my "tax cuts" , I will also eagerly await a lack of environmental policy, lack of energy policy, lack of political will to repair the soon-to-be-broke Social Security system, and am highly doubtful that Obama's health care plan will actually ensure that everyone will be covered.

Although I highly anticipate that the vast majority of people's taxes will go up - regardless of social "class."
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Please. If you think the fact that Obama was elected means that racism has been driven from our nation's populace, you're sadly mistaken. In fact, it's quite rampant. I see it nearly every single day.
    We all saw it- in the election. You can take it to the bank that more people voted FOR Obama because of his race than voted against him for the same reason.

Forum Member

I would like to say Congratulations to everyone who was able to escape the hail of bullets unscathed. It sounded like old clips of D-Day around here until about 4am.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Thread Information