Thread: UMDNJ Rescue

MembersZone Subscriber

Default UMDNJ Rescue

Just wondering how UMDNJ rescue company in Newark works. Who staffs it? How are they dispatched? How do you get on the company? I know you have to have time in with UMDNJ but what requirements and certs do they have? UMDNJ website was no help.

MembersZone Subscriber

One of our commisioners is on UMDNJ RESCUE 1, from what he told me you have to have 2 years on in the ER. He didnt tell me what certs you need just the 2 years thing. I'm not sure if they roll to Signal 11's or not but they go with Newarks Rescue on most if not all MVC calls.
    Last edited by NMFDChris; 11-11-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Forum Member

hey not sure if anyone can answer this on here, i'm taking an emt course jan-may and i have family in the atlantic city area (ventnor) and would love to move there once i have completed my emt-b course and find a job working as an emt-b and eventually moving on to firefighter/para.....does anyone know where i can get information about the surrounding areas about jobs, how they work, is it only fire that does ems, i can't seem to find much of anything about this other than the far northern jersey area....

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by avers03 View Post
    hey not sure if anyone can answer this on here, i'm taking an emt course jan-may and i have family in the atlantic city area (ventnor) and would love to move there once i have completed my emt-b course and find a job working as an emt-b and eventually moving on to firefighter/para.....does anyone know where i can get information about the surrounding areas about jobs, how they work, is it only fire that does ems, i can't seem to find much of anything about this other than the far northern jersey area....
    Drop me a PM when you get a chance. I am a Firefighter for Somers Point, career EMT in Somers Point, and I am waiting on my NJ Paramedic license so I can start working for AtlantiCare, the local MICU project.

Most EMS in Cape/Atlantic County area are third service. Mostly paid, leaning towards private service, unless it happens to fall in a career FD area. Most times, they do their own transport EMS.

Like I said, PM me for more info.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information