Thread: Is this a hoax?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Is this a hoax?

I honestly cannot tell if this is a hoax or not. It is real new. If it is true, it is scary.

PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I honestly cannot tell if this is a hoax or not. It is real new. If it is true, it is scary.
    Only in Kansas eh? Hey George! We agree on something else.

Forum Member

Looks like it is just people talking. Nothing official. Yes folks, this is the future of our country.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I think it is just a bunch of college students looking for another reason to party.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Looks like it is just people talking. Nothing official. Yes folks, this is the future of our country.
    I checked snopes and they don't have it yet. KS doesn't strike me as the hotbed of liberalism.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well considering the roll out and meetings are being held in McDonalds, I doubt its got much of a support base. I suppose though, anything is possible considering the last few months.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've already nominated him for Canonization...

His first miracle was beating Hillary Clinton.

His second was Getting Elected President.

It's a done deal as far as I see it. Bring on the holidays...

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Why would you be scared of something like that? I doubt this will go anywhere.

There were Bush supporters wanting to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

Like your story. It went nowhere fast.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Why Not??.............

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Why would you be scared of something like that? I doubt this will go anywhere.

There were Bush supporters wanting to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

Like your story. It went nowhere fast.

Why not be concerned over this?? This Country is in deep difficulties, Financial and otherwise, and someone proposes another Holiday?? In my opinion, we should be looking to take a few Holidays Off the Calendar, not add more. And before anyone starts looking for political implications in my remarks, No, I did not vote for the President Elect, BUT, I respect the Office AND the person elected to it, as well as the system that put him there.

So what's my beef with Holidays?? MONEY. A lot of people are Off the Job completely, or being Paid at an increased rate for working, on Major Holidays. I have no way of knowing how much money is expended in Holiday Pay (on or off the Job) in this country, but it has to be a substantial sum. And right now, we need to get 100 Cents out of every dollar spent.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

Let's do this. We can trade MLK day for Obama Day. We already have a Presidents day. Good enough. Of course that Presidents day is reserved for Presidents who had actually done something.

The more I read it and the more I think about it, it has to be a hoax. Nobody can be that stupid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Why not be concerned over this?? This Country is in deep difficulties, Financial and otherwise, and someone proposes another Holiday?? In my opinion, we should be looking to take a few Holidays Off the Calendar, not add more. And before anyone starts looking for political implications in my remarks, No, I did not vote for the President Elect, BUT, I respect the Office AND the person elected to it, as well as the system that put him there.

So what's my beef with Holidays?? MONEY. A lot of people are Off the Job completely, or being Paid at an increased rate for working, on Major Holidays. I have no way of knowing how much money is expended in Holiday Pay (on or off the Job) in this country, but it has to be a substantial sum. And right now, we need to get 100 Cents out of every dollar spent.
    Funny you should bring this up. It seems that government employees have more holidays then there private industry counterparts. I work as a contractor for the State of NY, they have 4 additional days of that we don't. I'm with you. Let's eliminate Columbus day. Let's combine MLK day into Presidents day. Veterans day should be combined with Memorial day.

Forum Member

Damn you, SC...
    I clicked on you link about "bush supporters" and I think my IQ dropped a point or 2!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    It's why you're not in charge of anything.

There were Reagan zealots that wanted to add him to Mt. Rushmore.

I believe this will go nowhere fast just like the other zealots who have backed the other schemes I mentioned.

If things like this scare you, I would consider getting professional help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Damn you, SC...
    I clicked on you link about "bush supporters" and I think my IQ dropped a point or 2!
    Pour yourself a good bourbon and get them back....NOW!!

Forum Member

Barack Obama has done nothing more than draw a 52% majority of the vote and already,people want a day off for him?Come on.
    He may be the second black President but after January 20,2009,he will just be 'the President'.Anything bad or good that happens on his watch will reflect either way on him.
    Given how the press has dolled him up so far,the worst possible dreams of Joe Biden happening won't be enough to castigate Obama.
    Since even NPR can't come up with any accomplishments for the man,let's see how he performs before we go demanding Federal holidays for him.As an example,when did Washington and Lincoln's birthdays become Federal holidays?I'm betting that it didn't happen while they hadn't even taken the oaths of office yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Barack Obama has done nothing more than draw a 52% majority of the vote and already,people want a day off for him?Come on.
    One of the many reasons why this will go nowhere fast. Your obsession is curious at best.

He may be the second black President but after January 20,2009,he will just be 'the President'.Anything bad or good that happens on his watch will reflect either way on him.
    Huh? Who was the first one?

Given how the press has dolled him up so far,the worst possible dreams of Joe Biden happening won't be enough to castigate Obama.
    Yet another pointless hypothetical.

Since even NPR can't come up with any accomplishments for the man,let's see how he performs before we go demanding Federal holidays for him.As an example,when did Washington and Lincoln's birthdays become Federal holidays?I'm betting that it didn't happen while they hadn't even taken the oaths of office yet.
    You're like a stalker. Rejection only makes them crazier.

My question remains. Even if this did occur, why would you be scared? Are you that easily frightened?

Disillusioned Subscriber

Originally Posted by doughesson

There have been several Presidents who have been reported to have lineage of black ancestors, and reported as black Presidents.

In Black People and Their Place in World History written by a guy named Leroy Vaughn, it is said that Thomas Jefferson was black by virtue of his father's ancestry. The book went on to say that Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge all had black lineage.

Besides, Toni Morrison had declared Bill Clinton as America's first black President a number of years ago.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    There have been several Presidents who have been reported to have lineage of black ancestors, and reported as black Presidents.
    Uh...yeah.

Forum Member

Another chance to earn double holidays.

I'm in.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

MembersZone Subscriber

I checked snopes and they don't have it yet. KS doesn't strike me as the hotbed of liberalism.
    It was on the news here tonight, pretty d@mn ridiculous. Trust me, it's not "KS" (KS went to McCain). it's just some morons. IMHO of course.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Forum Member

One of the many reasons why this will go nowhere fast. Your obsession is curious at best.

Yet another pointless hypothetical.

You're like a stalker. Rejection only makes them crazier.

My question remains. Even if this did occur, why would you be scared? Are you that easily frightened?
    I'm a Old Spice man,myself.

Bill Clinton according to the news accounts from the 90s.Remmber his being called "The Country's First Black President"?

And YOUR point is?Who died and left you to be the Decider?

Why yes,I do hunt.When I miss,I figure I can always stop at Krystal's for a sack of those little hamburgers they sell.They helps me get over missing a shot no matter how difficult.

What would I have to be scared of if Obama gets a holiday before he accomplishes anything?Nothing.He's a do nothing and should not be held in such accolades until he does something besides get elected to a political office.

Thread Information