Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Test taking Help

I have been taking fire department tests pretty much all year this year. I have only passed two written tests. I've never been very good at taking test, not even in High School. I got my diploma, and some how graduated with honors. I am a 19 yr old male that is fit, and my knowledge in firefighting and ems is very high, but my test taking skills suck. I want to be a Career Firefighter so bad that I can taste it. What should I do?

Time to put down the video game controller and hit some books.

Find out where your weaknesses are (math, reading comp, etc) and focus on those.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 11-10-2008 at 09:34 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Why?

Not being mean, but why did you right off the bat think I play video games all the time. But ok what books do you think is the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMS261 View Post
    I got my diploma, and some how graduated with honors.
    I think this may be why Bou may have thought you were into the gaming thing.

But seriously, you must know what part of the exam stumps you the most. Almost all Fire Tests will have a reading comprehension and math portion. Is this your downfall? Or is it the personality/human relations questions? There are books to help you at everything. For Math and reading comp, look at SAT prep books. C-Best makes a good one. As for the human relations questions, BCLepore on this site has a pretty good book to get the gist of answering situational/behavioral questions. Bunch of online resources as well like sites such as firequiz.com. Just do some research (that's another thing you will have to become good at)

Forum Member

Default Bc Lepore

I just barely got done with BC Lepores book "Smoke Your fFrefighters Exam" and it seemed to help me understand things a bit better at least I think I know Its got to be better than the others because my scores were not improving. I was using a Learning Express and my scores did not improve. I have also heard to use Don Mcneas but Im waiting for another paycheck for that one. I'll have to wait and see my scores on the next st to see if it helped me. Im in the same boat. I've got 10 times the qualifications as the dorks with no experience at all but just know how to test and I'm tired of seeing them et hired and quit a year later or get fired.

Thread Information