Permanently Removed

Default LACo and Veg Fire- Something new....(pic)

Well, add this to the "Never thought of that before..." file. I have been going to veg. fires for over 20 years and never thought of this- Throwing a rock through a window to make access for a fire stream.

As always- Great job LA County Fire! You guys never cease to kick ***.

Bou

Firefighters throw a rock through a window in order to spray water inside in a vain attempt to save a home during a wildfire that destroyed several homes, Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008, in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles.
    (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 11-15-2008 at 02:32 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice mechanics too...got his elbow up and his release point is great. Gott be an ex QB or pitcher/catcher. Whatever it takes, hope the Brothers stay safe out there Bou.

Forum Member

sign em up!

Permanently Removed

LeatherHed4Life- That was pretty funny. Thanks for making me spit on my monitor.

Forum Member

just send me the bill

for some reason, I see people throwing rocks like outfielders i think of rioters... i saw LaCo and thought... hmm all thats missing here is tanks and RPG's

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHed4Life View Post
    tanks and RPG's
    Could be the newest way to set a backfire....Sign me up!!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Back In Black

Who threw the big rock that punched that nice vent hole in the roof?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Well, add this to the "Never thought of that before..." file. I have been going to veg. fires for over 20 years and never thought of this- Throwing a rock through a window to make access for a fire stream.

Bou

Firefighters throw a rock through a window in order to spray water inside in a vain attempt to save a home during a wildfire that destroyed several homes, Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008, in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles.
    You are pretty easily impressed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakesdad View Post
    We all hope to be as much of a bad *** as you one day.

Permanently Removed

Why is is always the same clowns with no experience and nothing to add that always spout off?

I guess every village has it's idiot.

Forum Member

Why is is always the same clowns with no experience and nothing to add that always spout off?

I guess every village has it's idiot.
    You posted a picture of a firefighter throwing a rock through a window of a home that has fire through the roof.

And you stated that it is LA firefighters doing a "great job" and "kicking ***".

So yet, it would seem that you are, in fact, easily impressed.

But I guess by pointing that out to you, that somehow equates to me not having any experience? Oh, and it also makes me an idiot?

I get it now you salty old dog.

Forum Member

Hey Bou,You can do the same gig with a whale harpoon.If you don't put the fire out,just pull the house down,Hehe T.C.

Permanently Removed

You posted a picture of a firefighter throwing a rock through a window of a home that has fire through the roof.

And you stated that it is LA firefighters doing a "great job" and "kicking ***".

So yet, it would seem that you are, in fact, easily impressed.

But I guess by pointing that out to you, that somehow equates to me not having any experience? Oh, and it also makes me an idiot?

I get it now you salty old dog.

Well Jakesdad- LACo does a great job everytime and they do kick ***.

To you, I might be easily impressed, but the fact is I have been to way more of these types of fires and I am sure you have seen little to no Interzone action. The reason I mention this picture is because Ive never done this tactic before and as simple as it may seem, most have not either.

Its just another tool for the box. You are an idiot becasue your negative, follow me around attitude that never has anything positive to add or contribute to Firehouse.com.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 11-18-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Forum Member

Bou

Was H2O pressure low? I have ventilated a few windows hydraulically over the years.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Well Jakesdad- LACo does a great job everytime and they do kick ***.

To you, I might be easily impressed, but the fact is I have been to way more of these types of fires and I am sure you have seen little to no Interzone action. The reason I mention this picture is because Ive never done this tactic before and as simple as it may seem, most have not either.

Its just another tool for the box. You are an idiot becasue your negative, follow me around attitude that never has anything positive to add or contribute to Firehouse.com.
    My "negative" attitude doesn't make me an idiot.

It may make me negative. But not an idiot.

I have added plenty to the discussions on these boards. Sorry if it isn't all to your liking. And I am sorry if I am on the wrong coast to join in your celebration of all things California. LA Fire may do some amazing things, but I just don't happen to think throwing a rock through a window is one of them.

Perhaps I can find some wildland firefighting pictures to get back into your good graces. Since that seems to be the only thing YOU add to the forums.

Permanently Removed

My "negative" attitude doesn't make me an idiot.

It may make me negative. But not an idiot.

I have added plenty to the discussions on these boards. Sorry if it isn't all to your liking. And I am sorry if I am on the wrong coast to join in your celebration of all things California. LA Fire may do some amazing things, but I just don't happen to think throwing a rock through a window is one of them.

Perhaps I can find some wildland firefighting pictures to get back into your good graces. Since that seems to be the only thing YOU add to the forums.

1. You insist on following around these boards, which is fine, but you never have anything positive to contribute. This thread is perfect example. I dont care what coast you are on either, you seem to be the one with the problem on that, not me.

2. Yeah, LA County, not City threw the rock. Not a big deal, but like most people (minus you) saw that I wrote it in a "tongue and cheek" fashion. Its simple, funny, but get the job done. Again, I have never done that in over 20 years on the fire line. You havent even suited up and been on a major brush fire, I am sure.

3. Dont bother looking for any pictures to post. Only thing I add to the forums???? Dude, take the blinders off....with over 5,000 posts, I have addressed more than just wildland tactics.

Jakesdad- Do us all the favor and stop being a d-i-c-k in here, ok? Thank you.

Forum Member

Guess a rock works better than trying to use that helmet thing.
    I may throw jabs at the left coast guys(have a few friends scattered on the coast) but I give them all a ton of credit for fighting nature on its own turf. Definately a tough situation to deal with.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by len1582 View Post
    Guess a rock works better than trying to use that helmet thing. .
    Their wildland helemts? Ummmm....yeah, when youre on an extended incident for over 72+ hours striaght and constantly on the move, leather doesnt work here.

Forum Member

Just kidding. As I said I give everyone in the bush alot of credit for what they have to deal with.
    Did you see my question in the Strike Team thread?

Forum Member

1. You insist on following around these boards, which is fine, but you never have anything positive to contribute. This thread is perfect example. I dont care what coast you are on either, you seem to be the one with the problem on that, not me.

2. Yeah, LA County, not City threw the rock. Not a big deal, but like most people (minus you) saw that I wrote it in a "tongue and cheek" fashion. Its simple, funny, but get the job done. Again, I have never done that in over 20 years on the fire line. You havent even suited up and been on a major brush fire, I am sure.

3. Dont bother looking for any pictures to post. Only thing I add to the forums???? Dude, take the blinders off....with over 5,000 posts, I have addressed more than just wildland tactics.

Jakesdad- Do us all the favor and stop being a d-i-c-k in here, ok? Thank you.

Call me a d-i-c-k all you want.

But please don't call me "dude".

And grow up for just a minute and stop having a tantrum the minute someone doesn't see things exactly the way you do.

Forum Member

Looks like jakesdad is resorting to stalking people he's got issues with........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Permanently Removed

Call me a d-i-c-k all you want.

But please don't call me "dude".

And grow up for just a minute and stop having a tantrum the minute someone doesn't see things exactly the way you do.
    No one is have a tantrum, I think everyone here is just tired of your BS. You probably arent really even a Firefighter. Its pretty clear now since you dont have any experience or insight to share.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77 View Post
    Looks like jakesdad is resorting to stalking people he's got issues with........
    Glad I am not the only one to see it. Thanks bro.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Was H2O pressure low? I have ventilated a few windows hydraulically over the years.
    Actually, it probably was. Hundreds of engines there work in a wildland interface zone.

Sure, its just them throwing a rock, but thats getting the job done what with you have.

Forum Member

No one is have a tantrum, I think everyone here is just tired of your BS. You probably arent really even a Firefighter. Its pretty clear now since you dont have any experience or insight to share.

No, I have very little insight and experience with tossing stones into burning buildings.

I am sorry I haven't proven my worth to you as a firefighter.

And yes, you were having a tantrum.

5,000 posts, and you and I have had our disagrements maybe THREE times on here? I can clearly see how that classifies as stalking.

I know I am not the first one to tell you this...get over yourself Bou!

Thread Information