MembersZone Subscriber

Default Know anything about Seattle?

Seattle FD added a career overview section to their main page back in September, which made me think they were gearing up for another exam. But there haven't been any new developments since then. Does anyone happen to know anything about the department?

Default Usually every January

Seattle typically tests every January. If you want to sign up for an email alert once they open the initial application period go to: http://www.seattle.gov/fire/employme...tification.htm

Forum Member

I spoke with the civil serivice manager in Seattle just the other day and she said that they don't have a date set for any test. It sounds like the hiring postponement may go on for awhile.

Forum Member

I don't know how thier last cadet's class is doing, they tend to loose alot for different reasons.

i guess you just wait for the email like everyone else in the PNW
    -------------------

Failure is not an option!

http://firemidget.blogspot.com/

Forum Member

Default pre-employment process

I e-mailed Colleen and she has said that as of now they intend to continue the pre-empoyment process that was postponed back in July for laste January 2009. I must admit though, It scares me to read things like Wa Mu laying off 3,400 workers. Wa Mu was Seattle's number one leased tenent. I would think an event like this can't be good for fire budgets in the future. However, I am totally ignorant on how the whole process works. I only know that other large departments like Central Pierce Fire and Rescue and Tacoma Fire Dept are on hiring freezes for 2009. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Forum Member

I don't know about Seattle except that it says "closed" (not accepting apps) on the website.

Last time I signed up to take the written I was nearly finished with Paramedic school and was anxious to get on with a medium-large ALS dept. That's when I email some administrators in the SFD and learned that they don't accept NREMT-P...they only accept in-house trained Paramedics who go through their program. The tone of the email was basically "you're no good at paramedicine unless we say so". I know that it's a good dept with good people, but still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just another thing to consider for my fellow Fire Fighter/Paramedic hopefuls out there.

Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

SFD updated their site yesterday to say that employment packets have been sent to the top 25%. Just curious if anyone reading this got one, and what kind of scores you had to land in the top 25%.

If you got one, and you're reading this, GOOD LUCK!

Default Scores

Written: about 97

Interview One: 70

Interview Two: about 90

Forum Member

Default Seattle Candidate info

FYI, Seattle has updated thier candidate information hotline on April 3rd.

Thread Information