Banned

Default Bush and Clinton economic policies

I have seen and heard much discussion about how great the Clinton Economic Policies were, and How the Bush Policies failed. We also hear that Reaganomics failed as well as was a success. So in m infinite search for the truth and reality I decided to find out just what were those exact policy decisions. A Google search for terms like "Clinton Economic Policy" or "Bush Economic Policy" returned a ton of hits, all biased. Everyone was a discussion about how the deficit did or how the GDP did, or how the unemployment rate did. In fact, all I could find were the indicators of the economic health.

Now being a smart man and realizing that an economic policy change doesn't have instant and gratifying results I knew that these policy changes take time to have an effect. But more importantly, I couldn't seem to find out just exactly what those policies were/are and what the policy decisions were.

What I know for sure about Clinton is that revenues doubled, spending increased at a slower rate than the increase in revenues. He pushed for the open and free trade (NAFTA).

For Bush, I know that spending rose faster than revenues. I got a break on the amount of taxes I pay.

I believe that both deregulated industry and commerce and at the same time grew government. Although Clinton reduced the size of the Military by 1/3 and closed many bases.

I am looking for unbiased no nonsense facts about the policies and the decisions. In fact, I believe they have documents which spell out the policies as well, I would like to see them.

So could someone perhaps point me in the right direction or give me a search phrase? Thank you in advance for your support.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Now being a smart man and realizing that an economic policy change doesn't have instant and gratifying results I knew that these policy changes take time to have an effect. But more importantly, I couldn't seem to find out just exactly what those policies were/are and what the policy decisions were.
    If only it were true.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If only it were true.
    How come you never offer anything of substance?

But it is true. Economic policy today has no effect today, the effect is felt in the future. As examples, economic stimulus checks. While I am all in favor of reducing by tax load, those stimulus checks did nothing.

Bailouts. They have done nothing. Markets are still crashing.

Let's say for example you offer a tax incentive to fund research for green energy. How long will it be before those incentives turn into jobs?

Economic Policy decisions from 100 years ago are affecting today's economy. Along with the social programs and all other government give aways.

But the original question. Where do we find these policy statements?

Forum Member

I've answered this question numerous times in other threads. I post plenty of substance. You just lack the ability to understand any of it.

Like I said. There is only one of me. There's a new rightwing nutcase every week that pops up stating the same AM radio nonsense every week.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-18-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Banned

Your typical post consists of some silly derogatory one liner.

on January 20, 2009 Obama will be sworn in. According to your logic he will make economic policy by February 1 and the economy will be fixed.

But please, show me unbiased statements of policy. I want the real policies, not some liberal twisted version.

Forum Member

But it is true. Economic policy today has no effect today, the effect is felt in the future. As examples, economic stimulus checks. While I am all in favor of reducing by tax load, those stimulus checks did nothing.

Bailouts. They have done nothing. Markets are still crashing.

Let's say for example you offer a tax incentive to fund research for green energy. How long will it be before those incentives turn into jobs?

Economic Policy decisions from 100 years ago are affecting today's economy. Along with the social programs and all other government give aways.

But the original question. Where do we find these policy statements?
    Your so called conservativism insults real conservativism. Please don't start these threads anymore.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Your so called conservativism insults real conservativism. Please don't start these threads anymore.
    Unlike my biased blind liberal friends I go in search of the truth. I like to read the facts and not be lead around by some liberal and/or conservative media.

I want to know what the policies were and what they did.

Forum Member

Your typical post consists of some silly derogatory one liner.
    I would if I thought it would be helpful. But you've already stated you can't even understand a credit card agreement. I consider it a waste of time. I'm sure you've heard the analogy of singing to a pig.

Banned

I would if I thought it would be helpful. But you've already stated you can't even understand a credit card agreement. I consider it a waste of time. I'm sure you've heard the analogy of singing to a pig.
    Actually my friend, I never said I didn't understand it. I had no problem comprehending the 14 pages of fine print legalize. My problem was when they screwed me what recourse did I have. It was as if they didn't want to get paid.

Forum Member

Actually my friend, I never said I didn't understand it. I had no problem comprehending the 14 pages of fine print legalize. My problem was when they screwed me what recourse did I have. It was as if they didn't want to get paid.
    How did they screw you? By following the terms of the agreement you claimed to understand?

As far economic policy. Politicians only have one real method for exercising economic policy. And that is control of the budget. Until you come to grips with the fact that while spending bills come out of congress, the President has significant input during that process, you're question is pointless.

Banned

How did they screw you? By following the terms of the agreement you claimed to understand?

As far economic policy. Politicians only have one real method for exercising economic policy. And that is control of the budget. Until you come to grips with the fact that while spending bills come out of congress, the President has significant input during that process, you're question is pointless.
    Actually, they do far more than control the budget. And while the president has input, it is ultimately the congress who sets the spending.

However, the fed can control other aspects as well such as the prime interest rate. Subsidies, tax breaks, and incentives are other forms that shape the economy. The recent Ethanol mandate is one such fiasco. Bush failed miserably on this. This mandate ended up creating more CO2 (which it was supposed to cut), reduced fuel mileage, and caused the price of food to sky rocket. This is a measure that was passed in 2005, and 3 years later we felt the effect. I sincerely hope this is one failed Bush Policy that Obama reverses.

Thread Information