Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default TFT Bubblecup Nozzle

I am looking into the Bubblecup nozzle for our pre-connected foam line. What experience has anyone had with that TFT product. We are currently using a regular TFT combo nozzle with the the clamp on accesory for our foam application.

thanks

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

We have one for our 1 inch brush line and one for overhaul we put on a 2 inch line. They make great foam, from dish water to thick sudsy foam.

The only concern I would have for you is I think the biggest flow size they make is 95 gpm. You should research that and see if that is enough flow.

We've had ours in service for a couple months now and it's been a great addition. We have it on our middle foam speedlay on our new engine and on our trash/foam line on our rescue engine. Used it on one vehicle fire and it made wasy work compared to our old CONE style.
    Last edited by CooterRob; 11-21-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

I have little experience with them. Based on that, I cant say anything negative about them. They have been pretty durable and reliable for me.

Not a big fan of anything that's TFT.

Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    We've used thier intakes and nozzles for years and not a problem yet.

Now the Akron and chief nozzles we got rid of QUICK!
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Frankly, if you know nothing about the nozzle other than the manufacturer is TFT you should really not make yourself look foolish by stating the above opinion.

It is not an automatic nozzle. It is a dual gallonage foam nozzle that the end slides back and forth to allow for aerated or non-aerated foam. It works quite well and makes from dishwater type foam to thick bubbly foam.

I am no TFT automatic nozzle fan either but this nozzle works and works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, if you know nothing about the nozzle other than the manufacturer is TFT you should really not make yourself look foolish by stating the above opinion.

It is not an automatic nozzle. It is a dual gallonage foam nozzle that the end slides back and forth to allow for aerated or non-aerated foam. It works quite well and makes from dishwater type foam to thick bubbly foam.

I am no TFT automatic nozzle fan either but this nozzle works and works very well.
    Foolish? How? Because I said I was not a fan of any products of TFT. Sorry for having an opinion of a product. I thought that's what the OP was asking for.

The only thing foolish on this thread was you ASSUMING that I had no clue as to what that nozzle does. Pretty arrogant of you.

Foolish? How? Because I said I was not a fan of any products of TFT. Sorry for having an opinion of a product. I thought that's what the OP was asking for.

The only thing foolish on this thread was you ASSUMING that I had no clue as to what that nozzle does. Pretty arrogant of you.
    You are right. I assumed you went off half cocked like you do because he said a dirty word, TFT. I also assumed since you had absolutely nothing of value to add that you knew nothing of this particular nozzle.

So do tell of your voluminous experience with actually using this nozzle at fires that causes you to have a negative opinion of it. I have used it numerous times at brush fires and during overhauling at structure fires. It is a simple robust design that has served my FD well.

I eagerly await your shared knowledge.

MembersZone Subscriber

I love the versatility of the bubble cup. It's a dual-gallonage combination barrel nozzle (the same kind we use on our hose packs, many different manufactures) that quickly converts to make aerated foam. We the one on our USFS engine to knock down a fully involved piece of farm equipment with a pool of burning diesel underneath with under 100 gallons of water (probably about 70 or so), before the local fire department got on scene.

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are right. I assumed you went off half cocked like you do because he said a dirty word, TFT. I also assumed since you had absolutely nothing of value to add that you knew nothing of this particular nozzle.

So do tell of your voluminous experience with actually using this nozzle at fires that causes you to have a negative opinion of it. I have used it numerous times at brush fires and during overhauling at structure fires. It is a simple robust design that has served my FD well.

I eagerly await your shared knowledge.
    I know you are trying to pick a fight here. I am not sure why, though. I know we disagreed in the past, but I thought you were more mature than this. Guess not.

I made very simple statement about how I did not like the products made by TFT. I see no reason for you to be an *** because all you are doing is making yourself look like a punk. Let me put it this way for you. If you had bad experience with, say, Nike shoes because they always fell apart, would you reccomend anything they make? No, of course not. It is just my opinion. If you do not like it, tough. Others might. That is what these boards are for.

I am very glad that nozzle has served your department well. I hope you guys better luck with TFT nozzles than we did.

Stay safe.

I know you are trying to pick a fight here. I am not sure why, though. I know we disagreed in the past, but I thought you were more mature than this. Guess not.

I made very simple statement about how I did not like the products made by TFT. I see no reason for you to be an *** because all you are doing is making yourself look like a punk. Let me put it this way for you. If you had bad experience with, say, Nike shoes because they always fell apart, would you reccomend anything they make? No, of course not. It is just my opinion. If you do not like it, tough. Others might. That is what these boards are for.

I am very glad that nozzle has served your department well. I hope you guys better luck with TFT nozzles than we did.

Stay safe.
    Awesome. Sorry wasn't trying to pick a fight at all. Simply stating that because you don't like TFT's, which I am sure means their automatic nozzles, you painted all of TFT's products with a broad brush stroke.

I don't like TFT's automatic nozzles either and I had to be convinced to try the Bubblecup. The only thing that sold me was a demo where I actually got to play with one and saw the quality of the stream and the foam expansion. I highly recommend this nozzle while maintaining my intense disdain foir their autos.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 11-22-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Thread Information