Forum Member

Unhappy Just need to vent...

Well, this past year has been pretty ****ty. My dad had an MI in april and having almost lost him was really hard for me cause he is like a superhero to me.

Then in August he was fired from Bank of America after 24 1/4 years of loyalty and hard work becuase they didnt want to match his 401k when he hit the 25 year mark. It took a couple months for him to find another job and really hurt our family financially.

This past month my grandmother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is going thru chemo right now. Seeing her in the condition she is in is extremly hard because we are very close, especially after losing my grandfather in a car accident a few years back.

Anyways, I have been a metallica fan for a long time now and when I found out they were coming to Houston I almost **** my pants cause I have wante d to see them live for the longest time and never had an opportunity before. Unfortunately, I didnt have much spare money to buy tickets cause of my parents financial situation and trying to help them out as much as possible.

Well I got a call about a week ago from a friend who got 3 tickets from his job and so he offered me one of them. It felt like Christmas when I was 5. Well last night was the concert and I sat at home ready to go for 4 hours waiting on my friend to call and he never did.

Im not really looking for sympathy, just needed to vent a little bit.

**** it. I still have the CD.

MembersZone Subscriber

Vent away!! And let me tell you...Metallica will blow you away. I have seen them over 12 times (since 1989...) you will not be disappointed.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    Vent away!! And let me tell you...Metallica will blow you away. I have seen them over 12 times (since 1989...) you will not be disappointed.
    Thanks for rubbing it in. Looks like the next time I will have a chance to see them will be next time they tour and come to Houston...

Forum Member

Don't think he tried to rub it in...maybe just missed the end of the paragraph. These days are like a roller coaster with highs and lows. Try to remember the better days when the low times seem to grab you.

Thread Information