Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skoal

Forum Member

Default Skoal

If its in the tin cans, is it really as valuable as they say it is?

Forum Member

It can be. Alot of the PXs sold out quickly. One could establish some nice trading during those times when the good stuff was scarce.

Forum Member

So would it be wise to bring some with me? you say trading, care to explain a little bit? im not up to date on my bartering..

Forum Member

Ttaylor have you left yet? I am scheduled Jan. 5 but I haven't heard anything out of WSI in a while.

Forum Member

nope, December 1 is when i leave. is January 5 after you got the letter that your deployment was pushed back? if so, they wont call you until they get ready to mail your plane tickets.

Forum Member

I can only speak for small bases where the PX was basically a connex box. The good stuff (smokes and dip) could runout fast. These things can be purchased at the Haji Mart if the Mayor lets them on the base. But their stuff is usually cheap brand knock offs. As for trading a good can of dip, I can only speak of my past military experience where someone might part with a knife or eye pro for example, for a good can of dip. (Freshness dates are important as well, don't want a can of snuff that has been roasting in a connex box waiting for a convoy to go to FOB Craphole or wherever you happen to be)

Forum Member

Yeah I got moved from Dec. 1 to Jan. 5. How close to your ship date do they call you?

Forum Member

They called me on the 8th or 9th of this month to let me know that they were shipping my tickets and i had them about 3 days later.

Thread Information